Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I am not understanding the general tone of reverence for Classic support. Maybe I have been spoiled by the PreWare and WebOSQI guys or something.
    I don't mean just here in this thread.

I have had no ack to my trouble ticket at their website and someone should be here more often than 8 hours ago when this many people have a dead product.

I don't want them shot at sunrise or anything. It's pretty amazing that it works at all but I wish someone had tested the biggest app with the big SW update before sending it out to us early.

It doesn't seem to be working at all...
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 11/16/2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    My Classic is dead on 1.3.1 as well - trying to launch it brings up the Access boot screen and then it sends my Pre into a Reboot. Not happy at all with the 1.3.1 upgrade.....
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WebosMan View Post
    canīt find classic into the app catalog! anything wrong or what?
    It is there right now while I am hitting send...
    I no longer get the freezing issue within classic but the illegal operations are annoying me as well. I was also having to pull out the battery with my pre locking up after classic crashed but I learned that if you throw the illegal operation card off the screen without hitting the close button then the pre didn't freeze
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Another report of Classic stability being much worse after the update. Mine often fails to start with the <> error. It gives a list of what was running at the time of the crash below, but then proceeds to list every app I have installed (!).

The previous version was much more stable. Meanwhile, a feature request: Please give an option to turn off those obnoxious Certified/Not Certified popups. I know what Certified is, and I don't need to be bugged about it daily. Every time Classic crashes, it resets all these notifications to come back up again and it's getting danged annoying.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke View Post
    I no longer get the freezing issue within classic but the illegal operations are annoying me as well. I was also having to pull out the battery with my pre locking up after classic crashed but I learned that if you throw the illegal operation card off the screen without hitting the close button then the pre didn't freeze
    Thanks for this tip. I hate having to remove the battery to restart. It reminds me of Windows crashing so badly that it freezes my laptop -- requiring battery removal.

I also agree that it'd be very useful to have a way to stop the "app not certified" popups in Classic.
    You never have to remove your battery with the Pre. Just hold down the Orange Key + Sym + R all at the same time and it will reset. If for some strange reason that does not work you can also reset hit by holding down the on/ off button and sliding the mute slider 3 times back and forth.

Battery pulling is for Blackberries
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    You never have to remove your battery with the Pre.
    no, that ain't right. there's a difference between orange&sym&r and removing battery.
    after classic crash resetting didn't work, putting off the battery did help, other day my pre was totally blocked after a missed call, i resetted twice, but didn't work. I put off the battery (which was quite hot), put it back after 10 minutes and it worked again.
    other day, when all things were sooo slow on pre, resetting didn't work, but putting off the battery did ....
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    For me,even battery pull doesn't work half the time. I have to pull battery and then it does nothing until I plug in to a car charger or Touchstone. Just putting battery back does nothing except turn it off.

I ain't no programmer OR SW engineer but I think Classic didn't account for some piece of a "wall" that keeps WebOS from "hearing" whatever a Classic App is doing that constitutes an illegal operation to WebOS but is de rigeur for Classic.

Kind of like what NoDoze used to fix (Classic Apps like Audible telling Pre to turn off or whatever) but something new.

Does this make ANY sense? I have plenty of time to type crap like this because I can't listen to my books...
    Bible Verse was working fine before the update & now every time the alarm goes off it crashes my pre & I have to reset it. Hope they get they fix soon as I love to review my verses but now I can't. The funny thing is it now says 'Bible Verse' is classic certified.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymu1 View Post
    Since updateing the latest classic and WebOS I lost all Classic Programs and Data. Datebk6 and all data are gone as is Passwords Plus and all data and all other Classic downloaded programs. I do not root or do any other homebrews or anything. I also have not been able to get the WiFi hotsynch to work so have lost my entire life. All calendars and passwords. Any help out there??????
    I ran into this situation as well. I know I didn't have the latest version of Classic prior to updating WebOS, if that helps the Classic team debug the issue. Classic just looks like a default installation at this point for me (all data and apps are gone).
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    I am not understanding the general tone of reverence for Classic support. Maybe I have been spoiled by the PreWare and WebOSQI guys or something.
    I don't mean just here in this thread.

I have had no ack to my trouble ticket at their website and someone should be here more often than 8 hours ago when this many people have a dead product.

I don't want them shot at sunrise or anything. It's pretty amazing that it works at all but I wish someone had tested the biggest app with the big SW update before sending it out to us early.

It doesn't seem to be working at all...
    I guess I'll just repeat this every day. We are totally ****ed out here and nothing in the forum and still no ack to the trouble ticket on motionapps website.
    1.3.1 is working better with my current Classic... much less hang-ups... still makes my Pre CRAWL though
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Just now tried again for first time since Sunday afternoon. Now with Audible on Classic on Pre...which was perfect before both updates...hitting play caused a total reboot.

Oh and MotionApps did not only ignore the trouble ticket, they have not answered the phone or any of the 5 email addresses listed on their website.

I have not forgotten that this is an uncertified app to begin with but that should not matter for the purpose of just having what we had...unless part of the purpose was to shut down uncertified apps...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I finally got Classic to start and immediately put it in safe mode and it seems to be working as long as I keep it in safe mode. Hopefully the silence with Motion Apps means they are very busy working hard to try to figure out how to fix their program.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I haven't tried safe mode yet, but I've been getting the illegal op, 9 times out of 10. C'mon Motion Apps, what's the story?

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    For me,even battery pull doesn't work half the time. I have to pull battery and then it does nothing until I plug in to a car charger or Touchstone. Just putting battery back does nothing except turn it off.
    You really need to read the instructions that came with your Pre. If you are yanking the battery you are not giving the OS chance to dump the memory or delete the temp files. There are 3 ways to reboot the Pre and a battery pull is not one of them.

Putting the battery back in will not cause it to start up by itself. You need to hold the power button down and it will restart. Its al covered in the instructions.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    no, that ain't right. there's a difference between orange&sym&r and removing battery.
    after classic crash resetting didn't work, putting off the battery did help, other day my pre was totally blocked after a missed call, i resetted twice, but didn't work. I put off the battery (which was quite hot), put it back after 10 minutes and it worked again.
    other day, when all things were sooo slow on pre, resetting didn't work, but putting off the battery did ....
    Your right, there is a difference. One shuts down the OS correctly and the other will cause big problems. You either have a hardware problem or a software problem from pulling your battery. You will probably need to run WebOS doctor and stop pulling your battery.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    You really need to read the instructions that came with your Pre. If you are yanking the battery you are not giving the OS chance to dump the memory or delete the temp files. There are 3 ways to reboot the Pre and a battery pull is not one of them.

Putting the battery back in will not cause it to start up by itself. You need to hold the power button down and it will restart. Its al covered in the instructions.
    Good point on the instructions. I should at least RTFM on how to handle what should not be happpening. Classic did just give us a 'working it' message elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I found on another thread that a hard reset in classic fixes this issue, but ofcourse you lose all your data and loaded apps.. So, after a backup with rfbackup, and a hard reset, I was able to load the bare essentials I use classic for back on : my palm contactsDB, vehicle log, worldmate with no more issues.. Some others seem to cause the crashes.. A full restore didn't work, which is why I stuck to the bare necessities (for me anyway). Hope this helps some..
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast