1.    #1  
    Sorry in advance if this has been dealt with somewhere in the Forums?I looked and didnt see anything specific to my problem??

A few days ago I had installed @ 100 patches. Everything was working fine until I saw that there was some sort of Java update....So without paying much attention I installed it....big mistake...It made my pre do a hard reset and I lost some important data...especially my Memos(which are impotant to me and took FOREVER to get from my Centro to my Pre)-

After calling Sprint Tech support and being told there was a "problem w/the cloud and my Data would return" I waited until Morning and went to a Sprint store. I was willing to have them do another hard reset in attempt to get my memos back

They didnt come back. And now many of the patches I'd installed don't work(like the virtual keyboard) but many still do work(like the text msg space counter).

The problem is in the Preware App it says I've only installed 4 patches but when I try to install the patches that arent working (esp the virtual keyboard) I get the "IPK" message that essentially says its aleady installed???

So in summary-
    Many patches are working

Some are not

Preware says I've only installed 4 patches(when I know way mire that that are working (but I'm not sure how many)

When I tray to install the patches that I know arent working...or 90% of them for that choose to read it says the patch is already installed???

Can anyone help??? Is anyone else experiencing something like this???

Thanks in advance
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    This is a pretty common problem; not sure why search didn't turn up a quick answer.

Run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html with Options > Compatibility override enabled. It will remove any themes and patches (even broken ones). Be prepared for this to take 30 to 60 minutes.
  3.    #3  
    will I lose all of my Memos again if I run that??
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    It doesn't affect data. It removes themes and patches.
  5.    #5  
    Awesome...it worked...thanks a lot guys...Before I was afraid the web repair would wipe it clean...so thanx again
  6.    #6  
    Awesome...it worked...thanks a lot cas esq...Before I was afraid the web repair would wipe it clean...so thanx again