Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Net2Streams Pro

Last edited by net2streams; 11/15/2009 at 01:06 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Net2Streams Pro Features

Net2Streams PRO is an streaming audio player for Palm's WebOS Cell Phones that lets you listen to online and some terrestrial radio stations from the top markets in the United States.

Net2Streams PRO features free SHOUTcast Radio , Icecast and terrestrial stations.

Terrestrial Note: The stations listed under local radio are the only one that gave us permission to post their links in Net2Streams. However, you can use TheStreamCenter.com directory to see if your favorite local station in streaming using a compatible audio codec (Mp3 or AAC) and add them manually into N2S.

With Net2Streams PRO you can browse and listen to your favorite stations on the go. Add your own custom station and more!

What is SHOUTcastTM Radio?

SHOUTcastTM Radio is one of the largest directories of professionally and community programmed online radio stations in the world. Today SHOUTcastTM Radio features over 25,000 stations from around the globe. In you’re into popular or indi music, or want to check your local or world programming, you’re sure to find something you like on SHOUTcastTM Radio

How can I find my favorite local station streaming link?

Net2Streams have partnered with TheStreamCenter.com to allow our users to search for their favorite local station streaming link and add them into Net2Streams Pro.

Visit The Stream Center.com and search for your local stations link.

Please remember that you can only use MP3() or AAC () links. WMA () or Flash () links are not supported at this time.
    Last edited by net2streams; 11/15/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Interested in the Pro version to stream local radio. Any idea if Cumulus streaming stations will work? I believe their proprietary Web player uses Silverlight. Here's one station: Cumulus Streaming Player
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Interested in the Pro version to stream local radio. Any idea if Cumulus streaming stations will work? I believe their proprietary Web player uses Silverlight. Here's one station: Cumulus Streaming Player
    Hey!

The are using windows media encoders. At this time is not supported by the Pre.

mms://live.cumulusstreaming.com/KTCK-AM
    Anyone know if you are able to stream 610 in the Philadelphia area?
  6.    #6  
    You can add this station manually into your favorites.

Here is the link:

http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WIPAM.pls
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    The fact that I can add favorites from The Stream Center makes the decision to pay for Pro very easy for me.
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by net2streams View Post
    Please remember that you can only use MP3() or AAC () links. WMA () or Flash () links are not supported at this time.
    Any Idea if Palm is planning on supporting WMA. streams soon? I mean come on, my 4 year Treo 700p running PalmOS played WMA out the box...
  10.    #10  
    I'm pretty sure they will.
    When I get a txt message now, it skips for like 10 - 20 seconds. Any thoughts?
    Two questions. If I buy the PRO version, are updates free for life? If I have to doctor my Pre do I have to repay for the Pro version again?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    Two questions. If I buy the PRO version, are updates free for life? If I have to doctor my Pre do I have to repay for the Pro version again?
    Updates are always free. After you purchase the app once you can delete it and install it as many times as you'll like free.
    Another question/suggestion. I have found quite a few streaming stations to add. So a suggestion would be to allow subfolders in favorites section. That would allow for better organization.
    I just upgraded from the lite version to pro, thanks for a great application. I have noticed a problem where if I loose my 3G connection while listening (I listen alot while I am out running), the audio buffering on the phone goes into a weird state. For example, I lost my connection during my run on Sunday and closed the application and launched the regular Pre media player - the audio was garbled and distorted. I closed/reopened and got the same behavior. The problem went away after re-booting the phone. I thought it was a fluke but it happened again to me last night. Could you make the application handle this condition more gracefully?

Thanks.
  16.    #16  
    This and many other bugs that 1.3.1 gave us are being fixed. The audio player has been recreated completely and some other features has been added. There will be an update very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlacroix View Post
    I just upgraded from the lite version to pro, thanks for a great application. I have noticed a problem where if I loose my 3G connection while listening (I listen alot while I am out running), the audio buffering on the phone goes into a weird state. For example, I lost my connection during my run on Sunday and closed the application and launched the regular Pre media player - the audio was garbled and distorted. I closed/reopened and got the same behavior. The problem went away after re-booting the phone. I thought it was a fluke but it happened again to me last night. Could you make the application handle this condition more gracefully?

Thanks.
    What I do is I just swipe back gesture and then click on the station again and it starts up no problem. I have the same problem at work here

My newest issue is when I receive or send texts it stutters and sometimes goes silent for a second or two.. no clue on why that is

Is there any way to pre buffer streaming audio to create a better play through?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Please add Columbus, Oh as a local station.

I'm trying to add 97.1 The Fan out of Columbus, OH in the Pro Version. This is the address to be used: http://streamdata.dispatchbroadcast....anLiveHigh.asx

Can this be done?
    Last edited by imex99; 12/05/2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Anyone else use this app? I really like it... I was able to listen to college and nfl games that weren't on my local stations or on cable.

If anyone can help, any help with above question would be appreciated.

When adding a stream, it has to be a .PLS file. And the stream I need/want is: http://streamdata.dispatchbroadcast....anLiveHigh.asx
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Anyone else use this app? I really like it... I was able to listen to college and nfl games that weren't on my local stations or on cable.

If anyone can help, any help with above question would be appreciated.

When adding a stream, it has to be a .PLS file. And the stream I need/want is: http://streamdata.dispatchbroadcast....anLiveHigh.asx
    I'm confused with your question. It looks like you answered yourself. Net2Streams only reads streams that end in .pls, and the one you are trying to listen to ends in .asx. It won't work.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast