1.    #1  
    So has anyone tried this yet?

Medical & Dental Software for the Palm Pre - Lexi-Comp

The app trial is already in the app catalog but I haven't been able to try it because I get the no memory limit! Has anyone been able to test it out? This seem like the first major medical suite to release on webos so far...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    great news!

finally some big names making it iinto the catalog

on further inspection, I cannot find it in the catalog
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    great news!

finally some big names making it iinto the catalog

on further inspection, I cannot find it in the catalog

Hmmmm...thats weird. I saw it listed under "recent" last time I checked the app catalog. But now when I checked it again, its not listed there? There seems to be some app catalog chicanery going here it seems....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeah it was in there but they jerked it back out. I knew I should have downladed it before they removed. Maybe it wasnt suppose to be a free app.
    saw the app yesterday afternoon and my jaw hit the floor when I saw it was a free app. Downloaded successfully. Went into the databases portion to see what references they had. They had the full assortment of the various refenences that they provide. As a pharmacist in a pediatrics setting, that was the one I was most interested in. I clicked that reference and it said there was an update to that databse and you had to download it before you could use that database. From an update screen you were able to select any of the databases they had. The two that drew my attention were the natural products datbase and the peds dosing reference. I selected the peds reference and not even a quarter of the way through the download I was warned about a memory problem with too ,any cards open (app store, the lexicomp reference, the lexicomp update card). It finally did finish the download and I looked up a couple of drugs to see that it was a full version and everything worked just fine. Fast forward to this morning when I went to boast to a colleague and the app sat there at a splash screen with the lexicomp logo. Tried several time - even did a restart of the phone. Same result. Stalled out on the logo screen. Deleted the app thinking that I would try to reload and discovered the app was removed from the app catalog. Bummer. Looked like a nice clean app easy to navigate. Should be wonderful when they release it. BTW this is the company to use for medical dosing references. I've read a couple of papers on research of accuracy in the various drug databases and Lexicomp is always in the top two. We are always correcting our medical residents that use ePocrites. Lexicomp is our gold standard for dosing reference.
    If I read correctly its a free 30 day trial. However the app is a huge memory hog and is slow to load. Several sub-apps such as Lexi-Drugs [regular,dental, nursing, & pediatric] all freezes Lexi-Comp. Actually any file > 20 mb will freeze it up. These were not issues in 1.2.1 but as soon as 1.3.1 came out it became more buggy. Also at first use don't expect to be off and running, you will have to download/update the sections you are planning on using which takes a while. Other than that it runs smooth and has a well laid out interface. Also it can be used in landscape mode and the jump feature makes navigating the app more useful.

Now all we need is for Epocrates and Skyscape to push their apps so that we have more options/resources to choose from.