1.    #1  
    Just updated to Classic 2.0.1 from the app catalog.

Is anything new/different in this update?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Please tell me Kinoma EX streams now...
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    nope..won't even install
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    With 2.0, I was having a weird bug. When I "minimized" Classic to a card view, then restored it to try to use it, the interface wouldn't respond. It happened consistently. It made Classic pretty useless, because I had to restart it every time I wanted to use it.
    That bug appears to be fixed in 2.01
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I did the update and one thing that is noticeable is SPEED! Definitely appreciate that! And no more alerts about programs not being certified-yes.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    With 2.0, I was having a weird bug. When I "minimized" Classic to a card view, then restored it to try to use it, the interface wouldn't respond. It happened consistently. It made Classic pretty useless, because I had to restart it every time I wanted to use it.
    I never had that problem with Classic 2.0 - can't see that 2.0.1 is any different, I still get a crash when I try to auto update Epocrates.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem with the touchscreen not being responsive, seems to be corrected in version 2.01.
    I just updated Classic to 2.0.1. It could just be my imagination, but it seems snappier. The touchscreen responsiveness also seems better--maneuvering in calendar using the arrow buttons or in contacts using the arrow buttons. I wonder what else has been changed. Too bad still no Epocrates fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    1. Major improvements in performance
    2. Improved overall user experience (menu options tweaked, addressed some FAQ items etc.)
    3. Few minor bugs fixed

feel free to repost wherever people ask, in case we miss to. thanks
    From another thread
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    guys, here's a blog post about v2.0.1, although it is actually about you

thank you all.

MotionApps: Classic v2.0.1 is out and about
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Well I now am on the Classic bandwagon now that I have a Pre.
    I must say I like what I see so far - nice job!
    Only thing is that Classic keeps asking me for an Update on startup but I'm already on the latest WebOS 1.13 that is available to European Pre's
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Well I now am on the Classic bandwagon now that I have a Pre.
    I must say I like what I see so far - nice job!
    Only thing is that Classic keeps asking me for an Update on startup but I'm already on the latest WebOS 1.13 that is available to European Pre's
    Dear Doc,

we are sorry that you are experiencing that, but it is a known "bug" occurring due to versions inconsistence between different builds in USA and Europe. You're also missing some key features...

All will be fixed when the versions are consolidated, and we really hope Palm will release webOS update that will fix this for all of you with previous builds.

MotionApps team
    Last edited by Classic by MotionApps; 11/13/2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: failed to emulate proper spelling
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    We're all anxiously waiting for that elusive WebOS 1.3!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    guys, here's a blog post about v2.0.1, although it is actually about you

thank you all.

MotionApps: Classic v2.0.1 is out and about
    Drinks are on me!

(Hey, it's gotta be 5:00pm somewhere!)

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Tried thru the update gift package. Said it did it but help still says 2.0.0
    Rebooted,still 2.0.0
    Tried several times through AppCatalog. Says delete an app,not enough memory every time. Deleted 3 apps. Same thing. Nothing in 'help" and I don't see other posts on this.

Is there a thread? Can I be the first? I sure as heck don't want to delete the version I have and then try totally fresh since I have Audible working in it.

Any ideas?
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    I've had this same problem ever since Palm "updated" me a second time to 1.21, even though I was already on 1.21. Now, every time I leave Classic open, either in the foreground or background, when the Pre goes to sleep for a while, then I wake it up, Classic is frozen.

Update to Classic 2.01 did NOT solve this problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I've had this same problem ever since Palm "updated" me a second time to 1.21, even though I was already on 1.21. Now, every time I leave Classic open, either in the foreground or background, when the Pre goes to sleep for a while, then I wake it up, Classic is frozen.

I get the same thing. That + Epocrates crashes drive me insane.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Tried thru the update gift package. Said it did it but help still says 2.0.0
    Rebooted,still 2.0.0
    Tried several times through AppCatalog. Says delete an app,not enough memory every time. Deleted 3 apps. Same thing. Nothing in 'help" and I don't see other posts on this.

Is there a thread? Can I be the first? I sure as heck don't want to delete the version I have and then try totally fresh since I have Audible working in it.

Any ideas?
    I took off preware and pkg mgr svc and was able.to get it.now with it and 131 it is totally useless. Audible.plays 1 min and resets...very tiring and frustrating.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post

Updating to WebOS 1.3.1 fixed it for me. Classic is now pretty stable, at least for the apps I use.