Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    To proceed with our endeavors to fix the Epocrates issue, we need help from you guys using it.

    First a little recap:

    1. Epocrates update/sync returns with errors for some of you, while some reported that this issue is not happening
    2. We tried this ourselves and determined that:
    a. sometimes the error will not occur
    b. if it occurs, just selecting the option to sync/update again will most likely complete the action continuing from where it was stopped previous time, if not from the first attempt, then probably from the next ones


    Please let us know:

    1. are you experiencing the issue described? +1 will do, we’re trying to work out some statistics
    2. what are your results for b. point – did you try to do this more than one time and what were the results?


    Thanks much.

    MotionApps crew
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  2. #2  
    i had a problem with this for a while. Just do a safe reset. click on the epocrates setup. it will not go to the internet but it will install the needed files.

    this apparently let my setup continue without any problems after a normal boot of CLASSIC.

    But motionapps, your classic has become really buggy for me. it makes my Pre crawl. and cant get it to hang around in a card no more. it just hangs after being in the background for some time.
  3. #3  
    For me, it happens every time I auto update.

    The update process goes normally, the "Syncing to Epocrates Server" bar procedes to the end, and says "Sync Complete" - it then flashes the "waiting for updates" message for just an instant and goes to the screen that says "Illegal Operation The application <EpocratesHP> performed an illegal operation and cannot continue."

    When I close that screen out and restart Classic, the update appears to have completed properly (at least the Doc Memos are all there). Often Classic either hangs or is very slow loading at this point, and sometimes causes the Pre to reset when I try to restart classic.

    So as far as I can see the Auto Update is working OK, it's just very annoying to get the "illegal operation" screen each time and have to restart Classic or reset the device.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  4. ABQMD's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #4  
    I tried 5 times to sync OTA. The first time errored out at 13 minutes; the 2nd at 10 minutes, the third at 7 minutes, the 4th at 10 minutes, and the 5th at 9 minutes. Now I can't open ePocrates at all!!!! I'll try to reinstall, but as a Classic buyer from day1, I am supremely ****ed.
  5. ABQMD's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #5  
    I tried 5 times to sync OTA. The first time errored out at 13 minutes; the 2nd at 10 minutes, the third at 7 minutes, the 4th at 10 minutes, and the 5th at 9 minutes. Now I can't open ePocrates at all!!!! I'll try to reinstall, but as a Classic buyer from day1, I am supremely ****ed.
  6. ABQMD's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #6  
    Ok, I had to hard reset Classic (and lose all my other apps) in order to try to reload ePocrates using setup.prc. It took three tries but it finally synced OTA and now I have a fully functioning (for now) ePocrates Essentials. I must say I'm afraid to try to update OTA again for fear of losing what I have. I guess I'll just wait for the native WebOS ePocrates as long as I'm able to keep using the PalmOS ePocrates in Classic w/o syncing again.
  7. #7  
    After seeing all the bad stories in installing ePocrates, finally giving it a try. Used Classic for about a month and found that I can resolve any issues by doing a hard reset and then restore from the NAV backup. I did that before I do the ePocrates setup.

    I turned on AirPlane mod and use Wifi only for the install.

    1st try crashed at about 2 minutes left to finish.
    2nd try, crashed at about 1 minutes. This time let me access Rx after restart.
    Go on and try the Sync update. Crashed at the end.
    2nd try Sync. This time it finished and looked normal. I get the initial news alerts.
    Read some of this news, and then tried the "My" stuff.... Tables, calculator, MedMath...nothing works. Rx still works.
    Go on to restart Classic, and all is fine.
  8. drewpydog's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #8  
    +1. I can't get the sync to go past 7 minutes without erroring out.
  9. #9  
    After my last sync attempt, I now can't use Epocrates at all. Hope the native WebOS version is available soon!

    Jim

Posting Permissions