Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Hello, Classic Solitaire is going for a refreshment. I know there have been a couple feature requests in the reviews "drag and drop". We did some research with drag and drop before deciding for the current method, and the truth is that it was messy, with fingers getting stuck on the screen, and even the screen getting greasy, but if that is a must, then it may get added.

    Please lists your feature or feature requests that you would like to see in Classic Solitaire, including drag and drop if that's what you would like to see.

    Thanks, this will be used as a guide for a future update, your wishes may get implemented.
  2. #2  
    I'll repost what I posted before, and add onto it.

    I think, when you say move a stack of cards, and theres a hidden card underneath, it should auto flip over, instead of having to manually flip. I also think that the column select should reset after each move, that way you don't move cards unintentionally. Just a couple suggestions, I really like the game, and I'm glad it works in landscape mode(though I notice Accelerometer support isn't implemented yet, even though it's an option). Also, a new game button would be nice, instead of having to go back to the main menu. You did a great job, I love being able to change the hue of the background.

    I also think that points should be deducted every time you go through the stack, say 5 points, maybe 10, nothing major. That would make the leaderboards more competitive without being so reliant on time, seeing as it's obvious everyone on top of the leaderboard already knows how to get a perfect score of 745. Also, if, on top of this, you also factor in time(lower time getting a higher score, say have time represent a scale of 100 or 200 points, if you go over say 5 minutes you get nothing, if you're under say 2 minutes you get 100, that would also make the leaderboard more competitive.
  3. #3  
    I'd love to be able to look at what card is underneath a stack. If I've got a red 5 in the middle of a stack it can be helpful sometimes to see what suit it is.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd love to be able to look at what card is underneath a stack. If I've got a red 5 in the middle of a stack it can be helpful sometimes to see what suit it is.
    Agreed, forgot about that.
  5. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have always wondered if you could slip in the app a function that would tell you how the computer would have moved each move or entire game.
  6. #6  
    Also, a pause feature would be nice when I go into card view.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd love to be able to look at what card is underneath a stack. If I've got a red 5 in the middle of a stack it can be helpful sometimes to see what suit it is.
    This request has made it through, and the next version will have a card peek feature, that allows you to check what card is underneath any of the cards.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I'll repost what I posted before, and add onto it.

    I think, when you say move a stack of cards, and theres a hidden card underneath, it should auto flip over, instead of having to manually flip. I also think that the column select should reset after each move, that way you don't move cards unintentionally. Just a couple suggestions, I really like the game, and I'm glad it works in landscape mode(though I notice Accelerometer support isn't implemented yet, even though it's an option). Also, a new game button would be nice, instead of having to go back to the main menu. You did a great job, I love being able to change the hue of the background.

    I also think that points should be deducted every time you go through the stack, say 5 points, maybe 10, nothing major. That would make the leaderboards more competitive without being so reliant on time, seeing as it's obvious everyone on top of the leaderboard already knows how to get a perfect score of 745. Also, if, on top of this, you also factor in time(lower time getting a higher score, say have time represent a scale of 100 or 200 points, if you go over say 5 minutes you get nothing, if you're under say 2 minutes you get 100, that would also make the leaderboard more competitive.
    You bring up some interesting points. Flipping a card automatically looks logical, the problem is that you get points for flipping it, I guess it will get flipped anyways. So yes, it should be implemented. However both that and selection reset after move would imply a complete change in the code that handles selections, so that may have to wait for a future update since it is going to take longer to implement.

    Yes, it is a good idea to have a penalty after going through the deck. 2 points will be deducted, that should be good to untie the scores. The time based scoring adds to many factors, making it complicated for users to get how it works. So I rather keep time as a tie breaker for now.

    Nice to see comments from the top players
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also, a pause feature would be nice when I go into card view.
    The timer will now pause when in card view.
  10.    #10  
    Classic Solitaire Version 1.0.2 Changelog
    - Card peek
    - Stock recycle 2 points penalty
    - Fix orientation bug
    - Pause in card view
    - Compact unfolded cards
    - Removed option to disable alternating colors
    - Added back gesture confirmation (can be disabled in the preferences)
  11. #11  
    How about a landscape title screen? Feels sort of silly to have the game run in landscape only, but when you want to start a new game it's sideways.
  12.    #12  
    The full leaderboard is now available online in Solitaire Leaderboard - WiMesh Solutions
  13. #13  
    Is this game no longer in the app catalog? I searched for it, but can't find it, had to get a replacement phone today...
  14.    #14  
    Yes, it is. Go to Explore > Games > Cards, should be the seventh one.
  15. #15  
    Weird, 7th one for me is JM Solitaire... Maybe it doesn't show because I'm only on 1.2.1? I'm downloading 1.3.1 right now, but it's going pretty slow over EVDO... It was also strange because it didn't restore it with my Palm profile like it used to...
  16.    #16  
    Please let me know if it does or doesn't show up in 1.3.1. To report to this problem to Palm.
  17. #17  
    It showed up today, must have just been an anomaly.
  18. #18  
    Got the update today, the card peek works well, though it doesn't seem to work for the top card on any stack. Not sure if that's intentional or not. Good update though, thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions