Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey to everyone,

You know that the latest Classic update brought you some preloaded apps and that you can install them with a single tap.

We’re considering adding more to this list, or even work with developers of Palm OS apps to work up some bundles, but we need your help here.

As Classic users, which apps would be your apps of choice, what would make sense for you to have in Classic available from day 1?

Or, are there some apps you never used on Palm devices but have your eye on now with Classic on Pre?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

(We also have this questions on our Facebook page, so if you’d rather “comment” there – feel free to do so!)
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    - A SIP client, that is still supported. I'd prefer Aticulation
    - Turn by turn navigation, I'd prefer TomTom v6 even though the maps are somewhat old. It works for me.
    Blazer
    Bejeweled
    Google Maps
    Pocket Tunes
    Voice Memo

-Jim
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    MobileDB for starters, Pocket Tunes, then Docs-to-Go. Probably some other more "business" or "helpful" style apps, but can't think of them right now. In better words more functional style apps that were available for PalmOS that haven't been created for WebOS yet.

Thanks.
    None please. I thought we wanted this thing to be "stable"? And can't we install any individual classic app ourselves? Why do we need to clutter it with garbage? It's hard enough to navigate through all the apps without a stylus, why do we need more to fuddle things up?
    The "free apps" are verging on bloatware. How about separating the trial versions from the genuinely free apps.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Kinoma EX please, we need wma,wmv streaming.

Bundling a trial of a working Kinoma EX app would help boost sales of Classic guaranteed.
    Last edited by migs; 11/10/2009 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    None please. I thought we wanted this thing to be "stable"? And can't we install any individual classic app ourselves? Why do we need to clutter it with garbage? It's hard enough to navigate through all the apps without a stylus, why do we need more to fuddle things up?
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    The "free apps" are verging on bloatware. How about separating the trial versions from the genuinely free apps.
    Agreed. Perhaps you could give us a way to install one of the bundled apps at a time, with a clear indication of which ones are genuinely free.
    I'd like to see a working version of the already included NVBackup, to perform timed, unattended backups.

And I mean that in the most sincere, snark-free way.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Bundling a trial of a working Kinoma EX app would help boost sales of Classic guaranteed.
    It seems like Kinoma Player 4 (the "lite" edition of Kinoma Player that Palm licenses for the Centro) would be a great fit. It's a great music and YouTube player, makes it easy to thousands of world's best streaming radio stations, and lots more.

(MotionApps folks: To contact our business development folks, you can email me at charles@ our domain and I'll forward it to the right person.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Please do separate the trialware apps from the free apps when bundling apps with Classic.
    Thanks for the bundle. OnTime Rx is very valuable and Goosync made everything worth it.

I really would like Zlauncher. I "need" to add more categories (games, multimedia, main, etc.) I also would LOVE to see Pocket Tunes, SplashWallet, and I find Datebk to be essential.

Now, please give us PDANet. I want to be able to manipulate content from the Pre in a PC format. At least let me manipulate content within Classic. Entering a lot of info at one time without PDAnet is not much fun.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    It seems like Kinoma Player 4 (the "lite" edition of Kinoma Player that Palm licenses for the Centro) would be a great fit. It's a great music and YouTube player, makes it easy to thousands of world's best streaming radio stations, and lots more.

(MotionApps folks: To contact our business development folks, you can email me at charles@ our domain and I'll forward it to the right person.)
    Wow, this would be unbelievable! A great work around for the missing codecs in the current native webos, that not even the homebrew or paid apps can play and the Centro played them fine.

This would be HUGE front page news for the Precentral community.
    MotionApps, this is an excellent idea to follow up on.
    Last edited by migs; 11/14/2009 at 12:00 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post

-- Charles Wiltgen
    We’ve been talking to Kinoma folks for quite a while about how we can get this to work, and did not get there. Yet.

This looks like there might be some new developments. Charles, email coming up!
    Follow us on Twitter

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuns View Post
    Please do separate the trialware apps from the free apps when bundling apps with Classic.
    We’ve seen some more interest in this and will “explore” this option.

Two separate menu options like “install free apps” and “install trial apps” would do?
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Two separate menu options like “install free apps” and “install trial apps” would do?
    That'd certainly be a good start, but picking and choosing one-by-one (perhaps from the MotionApps website, if that's easier than onboard) would be the ultimate, IMO.

Regards,
    Tom
    I love the idea of seperating out the free & the trial. Also to pick which ones we want. If I change my mind & want an app I deleted, I have to redo all of them & then delete again those I don't want. Also, pdanet would be of GREAT value!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I would like to see Classic support more alarm sounds for calendar applications. . . the single buzzer sound is way too limiting.
    I would like to be able to select which of the bundled software gets installed, rather than doing a mass install.
    One other issue to consider: Overall Stability.

I think adding a whole load of software in one fell swoop is contrary to the need to make incremental changes to see the effect on stability.

Regards,
    Tom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast