Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Fellow Pre Owner and Ski Enthuastist,

There should be a Snow/Ski Report App that not only includes just the weather but also could possibly have trail maps to most Ski Resorts across the nation or the world. Let me know what you think?
    nice idea, a surf app would also be nice
    i wish i knew how to program!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I might try to see if I could cook this up! Great idea!
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just recently was at the Apple Store. My gf bought a iphone and I was looking at there apps for skiing as i suggested for the pre. There are tons! So please let me know if there are any out there. I think it would be a great app for hardcore skiers and boarders that own a Pre!
    How about adding in GPS info for elevation, maybe mapping speeds/routes taken, chairlift speeds, ability to meet friends at some location/time, track friends, race friends?, race same trail again and again, against yourself or others? See photos others have taken from the resorts? Discounts/deals? Trade gear? Share rides?

Wow, this would be cool, if anyone did any of this. I'd pay $$$
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    +1 Would be a killer app. GPS overlay of a slope map would be great.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Update all!

I can tell you that I've started development of, at minimum, a ski-conditions app. I think some of the other things are a bit far off, but a decent app with resort lookup and trail conditions will at least be a start.

One problem I've found is a lack of good sources for data. Most of the sites/companies that report ski condition data don't seem to have public/open/free APIs. I've found one that broadcasts their state-by-state data using RSS feeds, so I'm going to start there.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Awesome keep us updated! Pretty Excited! I would pay $$ as well
    I would be up for this app!
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Any updates on development of this?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Hi HockeyPre, et al.:

I have spent some time on this--was working at a decent clip, got side tracked by the introduction of the Ares development tools (thinking this will be a huge help), the holidays and, of course skiing!

The biggest thing I'm still looking for, and hoping folks here might be able to help me find, is a ski conditions/reporting site that has an open API to draw info from. As I'd mentioned previously, I've found RSS feeds that I can use from this site (below), but I'm looking for something a little more robust.

RSS Info Title
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Awesome Leez, keep it up! Keep us updated. I can't wait!

BTW I was browsing around the iphone ski apps and found a couple that look great and I think these could be webOS friendly or making something similar.

Ski Lodge App

RealSki App

Pretty Cool Apps. Ski Lodge I think is a app that I think that could work on the pre or something similar. Snow Conditions, Trail Maps, Lift Ticket Prices, and weather reports. A Complete Ski App for the WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Update all!
    One problem I've found is a lack of good sources for data. Most of the sites/companies that report ski condition data don't seem to have public/open/free APIs. I've found one that broadcasts their state-by-state data using RSS feeds, so I'm going to start there.
    Not sure if this meets your requirements but its the site I use.
    Intellicast - Ski and Snow
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Any updates?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    love this idea! snow conditions app would be very helpful. the gps idea is great but will be much harder to implement. on a side note, nice streak your caps have going HockeyPre.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eltaco420 View Post
    love this idea! snow conditions app would be very helpful. the gps idea is great but will be much harder to implement. on a side note, nice streak your caps have going HockeyPre.
    14 in a row! Go Caps! But this app I think will a great idea for those Pre or Pixi owners that also love to Ski or Snowboard.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    +1 I'm really wanting a ski/snow report app. Leez, I would definitely pay for this. I hope you're progressing at a good pace
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have even submitted it to the new "App Idea Box" app. So if you have that app bring the love to this app. Its a very useful app!
    Any updates on this?

www .snow-forecast. com is the one of the most popular snow report site.

There is flash based application using their snow reports can be seen here:
    www .skiciyiz.biz
    At the top of the header just click on the resorts like Kartalkaya,Uludağ,Erciyes etc..
    Almost all of these sites get their information from one source - snocountry. I didn't know if any other developer was looking into this, so I contacted snocountry, and access to the feeds is $550 to $2500 per season, depending on the level of data.
    Unfortunately, that's too much to risk on webos right now.

If one of you skiers knows of a feed (rss, xml) that the data can be retrieved from, without scraping a website to get it, I could make the app. Scraping is unreliable, and technically illegal. PM me if you know of anything.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast