Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Almost all of these sites get their information from one source - snocountry. I didn't know if any other developer was looking into this, so I contacted snocountry, and access to the feeds is $550 to $2500 per season, depending on the level of data.
    Unfortunately, that's too much to risk on webos right now.

If one of you skiers knows of a feed (rss, xml) that the data can be retrieved from, without scraping a website to get it, I could make the app. Scraping is unreliable, and technically illegal. PM me if you know of anything.

There is a detailed information here and its free.

snow-forecast.com/pages/feed
    Last edited by secure; 11/23/2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: quoted
    I'm going to start working on one.
    Correction, I thought I had found a good source but within the feed it states it cannot be used for commercial use. I'm still looking into this but as pimpmypre indicated, many of the sites pay for data through a single source called snocountry.
    So just make it free =)
    There is no app that shows wind and snowfall
    I contacted another company, Mountain News, and they wanted $5000 per year! I'm sorry everyone, but it seems like this is going to be difficult to do.
    Here's a national(Canadian mountains) ski mountain report Ski Report: Ski Report - Canada - The Weather Network. Don't know if that'll help or not with the whole commercial use etc, but maybe they can point you in the right direction.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanks, but that site is using OnTheSnow.ca, which is fed by Mountain News...
    Hi all,

I'm the developer of Snow Report for webOS which provides quick access to snow conditions around the globe on your webOS phone. The app was first released in March 2010 and I just pushed out an update today. The app is on sale in the US and Canada for $1.99. (I really wish I could make it free but it costs money to get collect the resort info and provide a fast backend for the app to access.)

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have any suggestions or ideas for the app. Thanks!
    Great App. Would be great to include resort maps, and then integrate GPS tracking for runs.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12