Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    All -

I know of two apps I'm anxiously awaiting updates for - Remote (control itunes via Pre) by Hobbyist, and SplashID by Splash. I know in both cases, the apps have been signified "pending approval" by palm since October 20th or so. I thought Palm wasn't supposedly censoring apps... Two questions:

1) Anyone have any idea what's taking so long? Splash I can almost see having issues because it contains encryption, but Remote - who knows? What process would Palm be going through for "approval" that would take two weeks or more to complete?

2) Anyone have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, for average time between getting that "pending approval" email from Palm, and apps actually reaching the app store?

All of this makes me think that there are probably hundreds of apps waiting in the wings, and its really Palm holding back the floodgates. I'm interested in two apps, and they're *both* being held up, so chances are most apps are having the same problem...
    maybe to see if it will jive well with 1.3.1?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    maybe to see if it will jive well with 1.3.1?
    It would be nice if that was the case, but its been almost 2 weeks. Actually, its been even longer for SplashID - according to Splash's forum, they "got their paid apps to go live" on 10/26 (see Import Limit? - SplashData Forums) and "the next step is approval for our 4.0 version which has the fix". But, they said on 10/06 that they'd had a version with fixes in "for about a month now" and were waiting on Palm. (SplashData Forums - View Single Post - Desktop App w-Sync)

So, Palm's had their app for two months now waiting on approval. Payment for apps since 10/26, so if we're being kind we'll start there - this still means there have been 7 full business days since their paid apps "went live". Assuming that was the month-and-a-half roadblock, what's the holdup since then?

Yeah, I know, this is just me being impatient, but living in Applackistan is starting to get kind of old...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    If you're using the Windows version of Remote, make sure you have the server updated. That fixes a lot of issues. Main thing you're missing out on is artist view. It's pretty disappointing that things are ready to go and Palm is making them take forever. Very few apps have got their updates pushed through so far. It's like they're still focusing on getting all the apps out before they deal with updates. I believe in December was when the new approval system is said to go live, making all this stuff instantaneous.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Re SplashID: 4.1 showed up in the catalog today, so maybe that gives us a benchmark timeline-wise.

Re Remote: unfortunately, I'm on mac - seems like there's still some bugs with the server there - hopefully new version coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    If you're using the Windows version of Remote, make sure you have the server updated. That fixes a lot of issues. Main thing you're missing out on is artist view. It's pretty disappointing that things are ready to go and Palm is making them take forever. Very few apps have got their updates pushed through so far. It's like they're still focusing on getting all the apps out before they deal with updates. I believe in December was when the new approval system is said to go live, making all this stuff instantaneous.