Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    It is a great app and I am glad to hear I can keep it as a free app.
    It is worth the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Thanks for the consideration FlightVIew!!

Honestly, there are a couple of things i would like before i shell out some bucks:

1. Ability to restore saved flights after a hard/soft reset
    2. Please please include international flights already

If these 2 are there then you got my money. It has been a very useful app for travel.

Feature request (not required for me) - ability to update Gate numbers on the Fly. (I had Flight tracker for Palm OS which while ugly had all useful info for me)
    Thanks for this feedback - it is helpful. We will certainly add these to our furture list of features.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Well unfortunately this was not the case for me. Flightview was one of the first apps I downloaded and I have had the Pre since launch day. Maybe I am a special case and exchanged my phone too many times but the app is definitely not on my Pre after my most recent exchange. Hopefully there is something that can be done.
    Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, if you switched devices after downloading the app, we cannot guarantee that your free version was migrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlightView View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, if you switched devices after downloading the app, we cannot guarantee that your free version was migrated.
    Well that's a giant bummer. My hardware woes are now even costing me software. Never thought that would happen. Well, thanks for at least the feedback and responses. I appreciate that. Unfortunately, I just don't fly enough to justify paying the money for it (probably at most once a month).

Plus when it first came out is wasn't extremely accurate when flights were delayed or cancelled. It seemed like it took awhile for it to update. For example, I would be tracking a southwest flight from san diego and I was supposed to get on in dallas. If the san diego flight is delayed past the time when the dallas time is supposed to depart, you would think the dallas flight would be shown at least as delayed. A couple times this happened to me. I don't even know if this can be fixed but I thought I would mention it.

Anyway, keep up the good development work and we appreciate the feedback you have given. Also, if you guys ever feel like throwing around a few free versions I wouldn't be opposed to snatching one up.
    Thanks for explaining about why it's upgrading for most but not all.

Anyway, it's too bad you guys don't have something like this for Amtrak, I'd find that pretty useful myself.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I have Flightview in my Pre. I did a hard reset a couple of days ago. Guess what? Flightview is still here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I have Flightview in my Pre. I did a hard reset a couple of days ago. Guess what? Flightview is still here.
    Congratulations. Thanks fore rubbing it in. Jerk. Just kidding but I really do wish mine carried over and am kind of curious to how it didn't. I never deleted it or anything like that. Dang you pre hardware!
    This app looks like a perfect candidate for an ad-supported version. How about it?

MOST potential users of this app will not use it often enough to justify $5, and will instead go without, especially since you can go to various websites to get the same information.
    As a representative of FlightView, I'm happy to say that your free FlightView app will now be treated as if you paid for it. So if you delete it from your device, you'll be able to download it again for free. Also, as we roll out new versions, you will be able to download those for free. This was one of the advantages of downloading the app as part of the beta program.
    I had this program downloaded and I had to perform a WebOS doctor restore. Since then my program was not restored. When I tried to download it again. It is asking me to pay. What should I do?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I had this program downloaded and I had to perform a WebOS doctor restore. Since then my program was not restored. When I tried to download it again. It is asking me to pay. What should I do?
    I had to use webOS doctor b/c my texts's weren't showing up and flightview is on my device and works. Thanks for the great app.
    As a representative of FlightView, I'm happy to say that your free FlightView app will now be treated as if you paid for it. So if you delete it from your device, you'll be able to download it again for free. Also, as we roll out new versions, you will be able to download those for free. This was one of the advantages of downloading the app as part of the beta program.
    I don't think this is the case for updates. The bug that existed with homebrew software when the pay catalog came out would have allowed this, but that loophole have been closed (albeit crudely). Any update for a paid app now checks to see if that Palm Account has a purchase registered for the account.

I don't think this is a problem. If you are getting use out of the app, it is 1/5th the cost of checking a bag these days. But I can understand those who don't use it often.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    You should be in the same boat as me and not have flightview anymore. I don't know why mine did not come back but it is also asking me to pay as well. Pretty bummed out about it because I don't have enough of a need for it to pay $5 for it. I mean, I can access everything I need to on most airlines mobile websites. Plus, most airlines have notifications that can be sent to your phone. It just maybe was a little more convenient with flightview. Sucks for us users that somehow it is not carrying over.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I don't think this is the case for updates. The bug that existed with homebrew software when the pay catalog came out would have allowed this, but that loophole have been closed (albeit crudely). Any update for a paid app now checks to see if that Palm Account has a purchase registered for the account.

I don't think this is a problem. If you are getting use out of the app, it is 1/5th the cost of checking a bag these days. But I can understand those who don't use it often.
    I don't believe flightview was ever a homebrew app. It was just one of the first in the app catalog.
    hope the flightview rep reads this...

so I webosdoctored to 1.3.1... When all was done, flightview was gone.

went to app store. Proceeded to go ahead to pay for it, put in my Palm Profile password, but when I try to download the app, it gives me the app catalog is not available error.

So I reset, went to app catalog, and when I went to Flightview, it gave me the "Download again for free" option, tapped on it, but again gave me the app catalog is unavailable error.

Please help. Tried it over and over but it wontpush through.

Oh and it doesn't seem like I really paid for it since I did not get any confirmation email of my purchase. ??
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    How about a $.99 Lite version that lets you track only 6 flights per year?
    just add more features like international flights and I'm sure business or heavy users won't mind paying $5.

no sense in limiting the number of flights to me.

just my $0.02
    Why does FlightView not reply to any support e-mails that get sent to them??
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Also wiped my Pre to find that FlightView can't be added again without paying $5.

Oh well...
    I was also an early beta tester for flightview but had to doctor my phone and lost it. Is there a way to restore it w/o having to pay?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hey Flightview....

Just wanted to let you know that my wife has the beta version installed. I used to have it but have since lost it. (can't reinstall without paying.) She's found it totally useful and is impressed enough with it that I'm going to go ahead and buy it, it's totally worth it. Honestly, it helps a lot that you're here on the forum, talking about it, engaging us end users, and being a real person on the other end of this app, I feel better about parting with a fiver.

Thanks again for a great app.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast