Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I want to buy one of these apps but I'm not sure which one is better. Has anyone tried both? Which do you prefer?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quick Contacts. Has more features and is more customizable. Plus the developer is quick to answer any question and suggestions here on the forums.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'll add a third choice - Quick Dialer. I've tried the others and like this best. The main screen allows me to call or sms my contacts with one press. I like the looks of the other apps a bit better (particularly Photo Dialer), but Quick Dialer works best for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Quick Contacts. Has more features and is more customizable. Plus the developer is quick to answer any question and suggestions here on the forums.
    +1. it allows so much customization, including Phone, SMS or emailing with a single touch, or a "prompt" option so you don't need to make multiple icons (like Quick Dialer).

Love this app!
    I'll add another option ... LaunchPoint. Not sure if it is in the App Catalog yet or just homebrew. It is awesome. (I've combined it with the patch that allows me to add launcher pages and I've created a new launcher page full of photo icons - not necessary, however.) You can create a contact icon that will dial, email, sms or pop-up/prompt all these options. I used Quick Contacts (homebrew version) but deleted it after I discovered LaunchPoint.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    I'll add another option ... LaunchPoint. Not sure if it is in the App Catalog yet or just homebrew. It is awesome. (I've combined it with the patch that allows me to add launcher pages and I've created a new launcher page full of photo icons - not necessary, however.) You can create a contact icon that will dial, email, sms or pop-up/prompt all these options. I used Quick Contacts (homebrew version) but deleted it after I discovered LaunchPoint.
    I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND Launch point. Very clean and easy to access your contacts. Can even add them to the quik luncher if you like.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhawksr1 View Post
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial is in the app catalog. Just $0.99.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Pretty much a personal preference between the 3 dialer apps (LaunchPoint is obviously a bit different in the way it does this). I started with Photo Dialer and just prefer the format of it's list view (the right size and layout for me). I think most folks actually like the grid view better ... so that's just me.
    The free one.
    I'm torn between the two, actually. I have both. I was using and still have Quick Contacts, but didn't like the limit of 18 contacts. It is pretty robust, and I like flipping through pages instead of having to scroll through a list. Being able to see all associated numbers and email for a contact with a long press is cool too.

PhotoDialer looks nicer than Quick Contacts in my opinion, and SMSing someone is much faster since it's the simple press of a selector switch and tap instead of hold tap and then hit the SMS icon. Also, the voicemail shortcut is cool. I do miss the shortcuts to email, text messaging, and contacts though.

I guess I need a few more days with the updated PhotoDialer to find which is more useful for me, but you can't go wrong with either one.
    I've tried Quick Contacts and Photo Dialer and like the looks of Quick Contacts a lot. For those of you that like Photo Dialer, what makes it look nicer?
    It's just my personal opinion. What may look nice to you might not look as nice to me, and vice versa. However, the it's a couple of minor aesthetic details why I prefer the looks of PhotoDialer over Quick Contacts. First, the corners of the photos are a little more rounded, and have a little more polished look than Quick Contacts. Also, I like how there's no Add a Contact spaces, which I think give it an aesthetically pleasing look. Again, these are just minor differences that didn't sway me one way or the other in choosing one of these applications, but are reasons why I prefer the look of PhotoDialer over Quick Contacts.

I thought about adding the bottom menu bar (I guess that's what you call it) as another preference over Quick Contacts, but the novelty on that wore off pretty quickly. I know it's a WebOS default where the buttons move off the screen when an app goes to card view and pop back in place when you activate it again, but it's still pretty cool to me. The problem I have with it is if I have a few cards open (3 or 4 including PhotoDialer), those buttons can take 2-3 seconds to pop back in to place. That isn't too big a deal, but it's 2-3 seconds slower than Quick Contacts, which has dedicated buttons.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just uploaded QuickContacts and I like the feel of it. My only complaint is the speed of it. It takes 8 seconds to load to the point that I can call someone. Does anyone know of a good way to speed up the opening? I also tried to leave it open all the time, but I think it drains the battery faster when it is always open.

For those who have tried the other dialers, are they faster?
    My photo dialer just loaded in under in little over a second, been happy with this app, can sms/dial contacts.
    Quick Contacts all the way for me! Been a fan since the start of it in Homebrew
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ive had quick contacts for a month or two and its great, i would recommend it
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Audemars02 and HovisB, do you get the long load time when opening the app like I do? Usually, I am a patient man, but I feel a dialer needs to load faster then that. Also when you leave it open, do you see battery drain?
    Thanks in advance.
    There should not be any battery drain from leaving it open. I wrote PhotoDialer and prefer it since it is doing what I wanted.

Obviously for me simplicity and looks were the top priorities although I will probably continue to add features as long as they don't compromise the look and feel of the application.
    All of these speed dial programs are good. I prefer LaunchPoint because I don't need to leave another app open in order to dial/sms/email someone. LaunchPoint integrates with the app launcher nicely!
    Last edited by sjamie; 03/22/2010 at 06:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Going to grab LauncPoint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast