Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Checkbook is ok, but I could use something more robust. I would love to have something that syncs with quicken, but I can wait for that.
    Last edited by Malimal; 11/02/2009 at 07:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Try www . clearcheckbook . com. Their mobile page works quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by eain View Post
    just tried this and is a good app... comparable to splashmoney in the palm OS
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eain View Post
    Just signed up for it also, I really like it. I am a fan of the budget feature myself. Other than that and the Reminders (which I doubt I use at all) I would prefer Checkbook. Which Ryaltar is putting a budgeting feature on his app. I can only imagine that everyone (like the OP) would want something that syncs, to either Quicken or our own bank accounts though. IPhone has it, why not Pre?
    can you pls explain the difference with the 2? aside from the fact that clearcheckbook cannot be used offline.

thanks
    I really miss Pocket Quicken. Hopefully they'll come out with it in the future. I'm not going to try another program since there is no way I'm changing from using Quicken on my computer.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    can you pls explain the difference with the 2? aside from the fact that clearcheckbook cannot be used offline.

thanks
    Main things for Checkbook: Obviously faster to get to since you dont have to go online. And easier to see and navigate to me (Clearcheckbook has made it WebOS friendly, but its still not an app). More options for accounts (not just checking, savings, moneymarket, credit card). Also you can see all of your accounts on the main page.

Main things for ClearCheckBook: Like I said in an earlier post, the budgeting system is a huge plus for me.
    just to add on the plus side of clearcheckbook, you really don't need to back up your data since it is already online...

how is the back up of checkbook? Is the data backed up when you back up your pre/pixi over the cloud?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My wife and I have been a huge fan of ClearCheckBook for a few years now......and have been using the app on our Palm Pre's since release date....even made suggestions to the developer to make the app better(that were already incorporated).....What's even sweeter is the way they are marketing the app to mobile users.....(And plugging PALM at the same time.....check out this screen shot and the pure awesomeness that it is. Note the Palm Pre in full view on top of the "other kind" of phone(won't mention their name) Nice job ClearCheckBook!!!!

-Wayne

Last edited by wbarter; 02/26/2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: cleaning up the post
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Personally, I wish that Mint would hurry it's way onto our phones. Over a year and still not a peep from them, but they have an Iphone app.
    ClearCheckBook looks very nice, but being concerned about privacy (I don't willingly give it away), I don't like the idea of having a 3rd party that is not my bank having access to my budget history.

Are there apps that have this high level of functionality but do not require a login?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Pocket Quicken was one of the reasons I needed to get a Pre when my Centro died. I have been using Pocket Quicken for over 6 years and am still able to synch it to Quicken on my computer through Classic. That seems to be coming to an end with WebOS2.0 coming out. Not very happy about that news today.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Pocket Quicken was one of the reasons I needed to get a Pre when my Centro died. I have been using Pocket Quicken for over 6 years and am still able to synch it to Quicken on my computer through Classic. That seems to be coming to an end with WebOS2.0 coming out. Not very happy about that news today.
    Try Yodlee. It is web based but very secure or you could give Mint a shot. It displays properly on the Pre. I used to use Ultra Soft for MS money on Classic but with Money discontinued, I transferred all my data to Quicken 2011 and was looking to get mobile quicken until I got the news about Classic. I have searched and can confidently tell you that I know of no viable financial app for the Palm Pre.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    My needs are simple, so I have been using SplashMoney with Classic. Now that Classic is going away, I'm scrambling to find another "checkbook" program before I get the Pre2 next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    My needs are simple, so I have been using SplashMoney with Classic. Now that Classic is going away, I'm scrambling to find another "checkbook" program before I get the Pre2 next month.
    I recommend you get Checkbook. I use it everyday but it is not quite what I want. I think you may like it.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Thanks. Can it export to anything besides a Google account? I don't have one and don't plan to get one anytime soon.