Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Whats the best software to sync a local pc calendar with the pre? I like the idea of a wifi sync when Im home. Is there a free app that works best for this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    btw... the local PC is running outlook...
    You might have a look at the front page of PreCentral today

There's a couple of 3rd party apps that do this, none of them free. Do a Google search for "palm pre outlook sync" and you will find them.

But you should also consider that syncing to a desktop is not really the primary/preferred method for WebOS ... syncing to a web app (i.e. Google Calendar) is more in line with "cloud" computing.

I believe you can also sync your Outlook calendar with a Google calendar (and thereby your Pre calendar). Not sure of the details ... but check at Google or do a web search for details.
    I sync my Outlook calendar using Google sync, which in turn syncs with the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $Works$ $great$!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I've used Chapura (download from your Pre apps) to synch. This was to synch my Pre and my desk PC. I can use bluetooth or Wifi. I have at least 13,000 records and the first synch took at least 13 hours overnight. Subsequent synch only takes a seconds.

I noticed that if you have iTunes and you hook up a USB cable ("Media Synch" selected), you can use iTunes to synch your medias. However, I am not sure if the Outlook Calendar and Contacts work when you synch using iTunes. Others might have used this synch method.