Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    High quality audio over cell network Preference. Not sure if it is new, but Ive never seen it before.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    High quality audio over cell network Preference. Not sure if it is new, but Ive never seen it before.
    Nope. Been there since day one.
    Not really seeing any differences. It still wakes up the Pre for every song which I don't like. (waste of battery) May be performance improvements..?
    Can't find web info either... Yet.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Nope. Been there since day one.
    Not really seeing any differences. It still wakes up the Pre for every song which I don't like. (waste of battery) May be performance improvements..?
    Can't find web info either... Yet.. .
    Does it still drain the battery like no other when paused and the card is left open? I usually see a 20-30% per hour drain when doing this with previous versions.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Does it still drain the battery like no other when paused and the card is left open? I usually see a 20-30% per hour drain when doing this with previous versions.
    I can only assume so. All the streaming apps pretty much do that so if I get or place a call that I know will last more than 5min, I always shut down the app. I do like how Pandora picks up where it left off as far as playlists goes. Quick n easy.. .
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    When I updated (found out but just selecting "check for updates") I had Pandora listed twice and it downloaded two times with two green check marks. Anyone else have that happen? Not sure why, it's working fine. I use it a lot myself at work and in the car. I did pay for unlimited use, wonder if that's why it had two instances? Can't think of any other reason, I only have one icon.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems to start up much faster and start streamin music much sooner.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I haven't found any release notes.

There are no new options or other specific changes to the user interface.

The version is now "1.0.0"
    I found it (I think). Advertisements at the bottom of the now playing screen. If they've been there all along I am shockingly unobservant. I won't rule that out though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never seen them before.

Also, it seems that the headset button support is entirely broken in this release. Used to be same as the music player, press once for pause / resume, twice for advancing a track.
    I didn't even update and I now have advertisements added to pandora, so they must have updated something else as well.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    My understanding is that it was mostly a compatibility update for an upcoming webOS release. I don't see any advertisements, presumably because I am a PandoraONE customer (I guess).
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Hmmm..
    I never had pop up adds until this update. I believe paying for PandoraOne is add free.
    Sux toggle no longer works.
    Patch anyone?. .
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Maybe it's just my perception, but it seems to start up much faster and start streamin music much sooner.
    I'll second the starting to stream faster esp over EVDO...Hard to confirm but sure seems faster...

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Thats annoying about the ads. I won't get Pandora One until htey start streaming high quality music to smartphones. As it is, all you get with One is no ads, which really isn't a good enough incentive to drop $36.
    I think the main point was to bring it to a 1.x designation, and possibly the speed some are seeing/feeling/hearing.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I'll second the starting to stream faster esp over EVDO...Hard to confirm but sure seems faster...

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Streaming and playing music is quicker than before, this is in preparation for the Palm WebOS updating coming out next week!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Thats annoying about the ads. I won't get Pandora One until htey start streaming high quality music to smartphones. As it is, all you get with One is no ads, which really isn't a good enough incentive to drop $36.
    Just to correct your "all you get" statement...

Higher quality PC streaming, access to desktop app, no usage limitations, less strict skip limitations, etc.

My guess is that they're hesitant to make a higher quality stream available to phones because it will probably not perform great outside of Wi-Fi in a lot of cases (but people will still expect it to).
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    As it is, all you get with One is no ads, which really isn't a good enough incentive to drop $36.
    That and unlimited play time. Which still isn't a huge incentive unless you use Pandora more than 40 hours a month...
    Has a Palm update been confirmed for next week? Havnt seen any leaks or info?..
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I sent them an email. I used to be a blackberry user and Pandora frequented the Crackberry forums about updates, hoping to get the same from them for us.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast