Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Just to correct your "all you get" statement...

    Higher quality PC streaming, access to desktop app, no usage limitations, less strict skip limitations, etc.

    My guess is that they're hesitant to make a higher quality stream available to phones because it will probably not perform great outside of Wi-Fi in a lot of cases (but people will still expect it to).
    I don't use Pandora on my desktop, from the point of view of the Pre, there are very few advantages to getting One, especially if you don't leave it running all the time.
  2. cezasf's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #22  
    WebOS update is coming sometime next week... Preware is being updated and other Apps as well. Let's just say before Pixi is released. :-)

    ---SPOILER---
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1/]Index[/url] of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1[/url]
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Never seen them before.

    Also, it seems that the headset button support is entirely broken in this release. Used to be same as the music player, press once for pause / resume, twice for advancing a track.
    I concur. Headset button is not working at all. And it was a little iffy in the last release, in that skip didn't work.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    WebOS update is coming sometime next week... Preware is being updated and other Apps as well. Let's just say before Pixi is released. :-)

    ---SPOILER---
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1/]Index[/url] of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.1[/url]
    Wow talking about a gold mine. I have already downloaded the ones I need in anticipation.
  5. #25  
    I pay for Pandora becaue I listen to it at work for hours. I try to us the Pre for all my personal stuff and keep it off the company network.
  6. #26  
    I was able to get incoming calls while streaming in 1x mode. Couldn't do that before this update. Also, the player started faster and less lag while switching new songs. Anyone else concur or was it just me?
  7. Peaty's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by leoperales View Post
    I was able to get incoming calls while streaming in 1x mode. Couldn't do that before this update. Also, the player started faster and less lag while switching new songs. Anyone else concur or was it just me?
    I'm having less drops and lags myself, skipping songs seems a to happen quicker too. You could be right. I use the desktop app at home but my Pre in the car and at work. Streaming is blocked at work
    Cheers,

    Peaty
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Nope. Been there since day one.
    Not really seeing any differences. It still wakes up the Pre for every song which I don't like. (waste of battery) May be performance improvements..?
    Can't find web info either... Yet.. .
    it doesn't wake my pre when it changes to a new song
  9. #29  
    I emailed them about the headset button issue, and was told that the issue has been forwarded to the engineers and that they'd look into it but haven't seen any other reports of that yet.
  10. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    it doesn't wake my pre when it changes to a new song
    That's weird, because mine has done so in every version, including this one.

    I'm still waiting for em to fix the stupid battery drain while paused bug
    but figure it'll take a WebOS update to do so.

    ian
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I emailed them about the headset button issue, and was told that the issue has been forwarded to the engineers and that they'd look into it but haven't seen any other reports of that yet.
    Now they have one more.
  12. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    That and unlimited play time. Which still isn't a huge incentive unless you use Pandora more than 40 hours a month...
    It actually has been zero incentive for webOS users because the timers weren't implemented in Pandora. I've left Pandora playing while I fell asleep and awoken to it still playing, and I know there were points where I played more than 40 hours in a week, much less a month. Does anyone know if 1.0 finally implemented the 1 hour time-out and 40 hour monthly cut-off for non-subscribers? I was pleasantly surprised by the behavior, but I totally understand that that hurts Pandora as a business, so if they fixed it, I wouldn't be mad.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    That's weird, because mine has done so in every version, including this one.

    I'm still waiting for em to fix the stupid battery drain while paused bug
    but figure it'll take a WebOS update to do so.

    ian
    I wonder if that's related to the "Show When Locked" option under the "Notifications" section in the Screen & Lock Preferences screen?
  14. #34  
    Got another response from Pandora, apparently the issue has to do with Palm changing the headphone API. The guy mentioned it being a bug that they've mentioned to Palm, but I wonder if it just means that it's a 1.2 vs 1.3 type thing that'll work when we get the chance to upgrade.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions