1.    #1  
    Can someone please confirm they are working on TRUE vnc (remote desktop) app for the webOS I'd buy this app in a heartbeat if only someone would release it? What is taking so long?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    look in the homerew apps
    the vnc port is called remotewin

vnc is a poor remote solution, until someone is able to port a read rdp client you are stuck with vnc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    Can someone please confirm they are working on TRUE vnc (remote desktop) app for the webOS I'd buy this app in a heartbeat if only someone would release it? What is taking so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    look in the homerew apps
    the vnc port is called remotewin

vnc is a poor remote solution, until someone is able to port a read rdp client you are stuck with vnc.
    That isn't true VNC; its proprietary and it requires its own server and client apps to operate. The OP is asking for real VNC, meaning a client that uses the default VNC protocol and server apps. My servers run UltraVNC and I will not install a specific proprietary server app on them just for my Pre; I want a true VNC client.

RDP is also not VNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    That isn't true VNC; its proprietary and it requires its own server and client apps to operate. The OP is asking for real VNC, meaning a client that uses the default VNC protocol and server apps. My servers run UltraVNC and I will not install a specific proprietary server app on them just for my Pre; I want a true VNC client.

RDP is also not VNC.
    This this this this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  5.    #5  
    Sad to hear no developers stepping up and say the have one in the works. Really i would buy it from the app store right now if it was true VNC.
    Capacitive touchscreens aren't the best for RDP/VNC apps, unfortunately. That could be why we haven't seen much activity on that front.
    aren't the best and handy in a pinch are not the same thing. I want a vpn client, RDP and VNC.

i'm not a code so I can't make it myself. I really miss these features from WiMo/PalmOS
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Capacitive touchscreens aren't the best for RDP/VNC apps, unfortunately. That could be why we haven't seen much activity on that front.
    What? I use PalmVNC (using Classic) on my Pre without troubles. The touchscreen actually works BETTER cause you can zoom in and out easily...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    What? I use PalmVNC (using Classic) on my Pre without troubles. The touchscreen actually works BETTER cause you can zoom in and out easily...
    really? Every review i've managed to come across on the net say that solutions sucks through classis. Are you using through EV, 1X, Wifi etc.. with same results? Now you have my interest
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    really? Every review i've managed to come across on the net say that solutions sucks through classis. Are you using through EV, 1X, Wifi etc.. with same results? Now you have my interest
    Well, it works fine, I didn't say it was great, I just was saying Multi-Touch makes it better. I scale 1:3, and then I can pinch in and out quickly, as well as move quickly. It's grainy, but I know what I'm looking at and need to do, so I don't need clarity... Using Wifi and/or EV...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Win-Hand works amazing in Classic as well