Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    From time to time, I pick up a tutee in calculus and, well, my TI-89 was stolen during my undergrad days. Sometimes I need a good calculator to do some error checking on some functions, especially when doing DE problems.

I'm requesting someone code a TI-89 emulator. The silly system won't let me link it, so search for TI Emulator on google.

It would be wicked to have it on my phone and not lug my laptop everywhere I go to tutor someone.

You would be doing a great service to those too poor to buy a replacement. Hell, I'd even pay a few bucks for the software.
    Last edited by Calcmandan; 10/30/2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: add email notification
    xandros9 likes this.
    Cool Calculator!

Yep, I'm a math geek.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I have yet to find a web based version, or a javascript. There are 3rd party products for windows, linux and mac osx. More than likely this will not be possible on webOS.. For sure not with the current SDK.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Isn't there one in the official app catalog? Called "Graphing Calculator"

Twitter / Palm App Catalog: Graphing Calculator ($3.99)
    That would be cool. I wrote like 40 plus little games back in highschool on the TI-89 Silver Edition. ha
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Whats wrong with these?

There IS a calculator in the App Catalog called Graphing Calculator. I know because I wrote it! You can find out more about it at:

or by going to my website at:

William Clausen Homepage

I have an update releasing this week for it with some pretty nice new features. You can see the updated screenshots at my web page listed above.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'd love a ti-89 emulator.I always se-em to be doing my AP Calc BC hw with my pre handy but no 89.

has anyone heard of the ti inspire? now that would be sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstStryke08 View Post
    There IS a calculator in the App Catalog called Graphing Calculator. I know because I wrote it! You can find out more about it at:

William Clausen Homepage

I have an update releasing this week for it with some pretty nice new features. You can see the updated screenshots at my web page listed above.
    Congratulations! Very impressive!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

William Clausen Homepage

I hate how it looks but man, that's some great functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I hate how it looks but man, that's some great functionality.
    I'm glad to hear you like the performance and functionality! Whenever Palm releases new updates (hopefully today), the calculator will graph even faster and be easier to use.

gage006, I am always interested in improving my software. What are your suggestions for improvement of the calculator's appearance? I have improved what is shown in the YouTube video (you can see pics on my website listed above), but I am interested to hear your comments.
    I really like the 8300 calculator (I dont need graphing capability), but I am disappointed that the update hasn't been put live yet. I am anxiously waiting for the improved screen real estate. The one thing I would like changed is that when you press some of the functions (like log10), you cant just input a number and hit enter - you have to put a closing parenthesis for it to work. Also, the addition of haptic feedback would be nice as an option.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I'm glad to hear you like the performance and functionality! Whenever Palm releases new updates (hopefully today), the calculator will graph even faster and be easier to use.

gage006, I am always interested in improving my software. What are your suggestions for improvement of the calculator's appearance? I have improved what is shown in the YouTube video (you can see pics on my website listed above), but I am interested to hear your comments.
    I just don't like the effect you put on all the buttons. Rather they looked plain or more "professional". Still, the graphics can easily be forgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    ... Also, the addition of haptic feedback would be nice as an option.
    Can't be done with the Palm approved API's at this time. The RPN Scientific Calculator had it, but it had to be removed to get it approved for the App Catalog.
    It looks like the CT8300 was updated, but the CT8450 was not. I'm a little puzzled by this, but I'm sure that Palm is doing everything they can to get my updates published. If anyone has feedback on the latest version of the CT8300, I would love to hear it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I would like to see the Power 48 as well. I still use it on my T680 but know that I am on borrowed time....looking at Pre and Pixi as replacements. But would need to see some of my business functionality added to or available for them. Power 48 would be one..Docs to Go is even more important.

Skigs
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    So anyone who has used the calculators, how do they compare to the HP TI calcs?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Just a quick update on the CT8450: I am finishing up adding a table of values, zoom functionality, and lots of other great features. I will have a YouTube video posted soon of what is in store for the next few updates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast