Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hope this is a reasonable area to ask - it's what should be in the 'Missing Manual'. I can't find anywhere how to get a tab in Classic input into a text field. I come from a T3 and am used to grafitti.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieDaly View Post
    I hope this is a reasonable area to ask - it's what should be in the 'Missing Manual'. I can't find anywhere how to get a tab in Classic input into a text field. I come from a T3 and am used to grafitti.
    This is the right place to ask AND it's something I was wondering just the other day (I come from a TX). So, after a little googling, I found that on the Centro you have to hold the SHIFT and SPACE. I tried it in Classic just now, and it works!

Thanks for bringing it up!

Regards,
    Tom
    (Thanks to Tom re getting a tab)
    Another bit for the manual: The Classic FAQ shows how to dial on a Pre from within Classic standard Contacts (using the spicial call icon that appears at the top when you list a phone number) and has a note that this should work from other Palm apps also. I use Supernames and no such dial icon appears (Supernames uses the Palm contacts database with notes added for extra functionality). I'd really love to use Supernames though I know I can dial through contacts - but it's messy since I use the functionality of Supernames to find the number I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieDaly View Post
    (Thanks to Tom re getting a tab)
    Another bit for the manual: The Classic FAQ shows how to dial on a Pre from within Classic standard Contacts (using the spicial call icon that appears at the top when you list a phone number) and has a note that this should work from other Palm apps also. I use Supernames and no such dial icon appears (Supernames uses the Palm contacts database with notes added for extra functionality). I'd really love to use Supernames though I know I can dial through contacts - but it's messy since I use the functionality of Supernames to find the number I need.
    We did not try this app ourselves, but if you're to call a number after you find it in Supernames, what happens? You should be able to dial a number from an app in Classic, so please try this
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    My issue is that I don't see the 'quick connect - 'small phone'' icon anywhere from within Supernames so I can't call the number. I can call the number from the native contacts database but the quick connect link doesn't show up in Supernames. So how do I call a numer from Supernames?

UPDATE: I discovered that in Supernames, if you tap on the phone number that appears in list view - repeat list view - a drop-down box appears with all numbers attached to that entry and an option to 'Dial via Dialog'. This bring you to the Pre call page. Maybe the Cenrino worked this way but I moved directly from a Tx.

So sorry for wasting bandwidth but this probably should be in the Manual anyway.

Thanks for the responses
    Last edited by LeslieDaly; 02/09/2010 at 01:56 AM.
    How do I get "Happy Days"? I can't find it anywhere
    Try at the developer's website here: Jmjeong:HappyDays/Download
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123