Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    can i make a couple of site suggestions?

tigerdirect, dealmac, buy.com, circuit city, macmall, compusa

its truly one of the apps worth buying
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Kevin,

I just purchased you program, Dealert. I am looking to buy a Wirless Router right now or in the next few weeks. I like Netgear, so I put in the model I was looking for, the Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router. It doesn't show up anywhere. I typed in Netgear WNDR3700, still nothing. I tried different variations of the model. I even tried models from different makers that I new were on special at Newegg, and it didn't show up. Newegg sends me emails about special deals. I went to Newegg to see if the Netgear I was looking for was being discounted and it was being discounted. I went to slickdeals.net to see when I put in the router I wanted, would it show up. I also did, yet it was older than a few days, and other people were adding on other deals for the router elsewhere. Your program shows nothing of this at all. Did I just waist $2 for a program that won't work the way I thought it was suppose too or did I misunderstand what this programs does. If I did, I apologize. Does your program only find deals for today only and the past few days and not look back on continuing deals. I would be interesting into knowing what I did wrong or is there just a glitch in your program. I have read great reviews about Dealert and was looking for the best bargain on the router I wanted to get. Please let me know what I could do? Again, if I completely misunderstood what this program does, I apologize, and I will just have it continue to monitor the item I am looking to purchase through your program. I does seem to be a good program with a lot of promise. So maybe the waist of $2 is a little harsh.

Thanks again.

David F.
    David,

Dealert works by taking the RSS feeds from all of the deal-sites in the application and cross-matching your tracked products with the items in the RSS feeds. Since each site only lists the latest few days of deals in their RSS feed, Dealert cannot find deals that occurred weeks/months ago.

However, this only is a problem when you first purchase the app. Because Dealert checks on an interval, you can be sure that if any site lists your Netgear router in their RSS feed, it will save that deal into Dealert's "Dealert List." Once that deal is in that list, it won't go away. So any time any store lists that deal, you will have that deal saved until you delete it yourself.

One other thing you should note is that, because Dealert does string matching, you don't want to get too specific on the wording of products you track. For example, I wouldn't put in "Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router." Instead, just type in "WNDR3700." By doing so, you aren't limiting your deal search to specific ways deal sites type in the deal. If any deal site types in the letters "WNDR3700", then the deal would pop up. If you want to find all of Netgear's products, just type in "Netgear."

So yeah, once you start tracking a product, you will learn of all NEW deals that apply for that product and then those will be saved into Dealert for later viewing. Dealert (at this time) cannot search previous deals before you bought the application.

If you still have any issues or concerns, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Thanks Kevin for your quick reply. I will do that. I thought it might work that way, but I wasn't sure. The program has a lot of potential. If you could add Deals for Best Buy and Staples that would be great also.

On a side note, my birthday is coming up and my wife is going to get the router. The only thing is, of course, she wants me to do all the research and find the best place to get the router. I saw your app and thought it might help me find the best deal. Hopefully, there will be something in the next few weeks. But this looks like it will help for future purchases.

Thanks again,

David F.
    Kevin...great app. Just gave it a nice review on myAppBox

h t t p ://www.myappbox.com/uc/132113/
    Thanks w_s!
    Developer of:

Still undecided about the app (if it is right for me) - but I got to say the customer service is GREAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    Still undecided about the app (if it is right for me) - but I got to say the customer service is GREAT.
    Have you seen the video of it in action? If not, hit the link to the video in my signature.

If you have any questions about Dealert, just let me know!
    Developer of:

ok... I gotta try this app!
    Simplify, did you end up trying Dealert out? If so, what did you think?
    Developer of:

Just purchased your app, will try it out. One thing I noticed immediately is that you're missing buy.com (Today's Deals laptops, displays, lcd, memory, flash, tv's, flat screen, gps, deals, computers - Buy.com) I always find deals from that site.
    Veldetta, I'll look into adding buy.com for the next update. Thanks!
    Developer of:

how about newegg?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    how about newegg?
    Newegg is actually already supported
    Developer of:

WOW! you're quick!!
    Is there a Trial or Lite version of DealAlert?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary85018 View Post
    Is there a Trial or Lite version of DealAlert?
    Not at this time. It is something I am looking into though. What kind of stuff would you be tracking? I can let you know if Dealert would work well for it or not.
    Developer of:

would this work in the UK or just USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    would this work in the UK or just USA?
    Well, the deals are only available in the US. If someone from the UK rounded up a bunch of great UK deal sites, I would be happy to create a UK-specific Dealert version.
    Developer of:

This comment is simply a thumbs up for the Promo and would have given the thumbs up over there, but did not need another copy. Great app, love it for what it offers, and either way keep up the great work!

Sorli...
    any chance you ever developing dealert for android? i just left my pre for the nexus and miss dealert!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast