Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BTW, I made a demo video for anyone who is on the fence and wants to see the app in action.

Check it out:
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    This is a GREAT app! I love it! One of the few that are not a homebrew that I find useful!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Hey guys, here is the Official 1.1 changelog, which is already submitted to Palm for approval.

• Feature: Progress bar has been added to the home screen.
    • Feature: You can now add products via the tracking list screen.
    • New Sites: Amazon.com
    • Enhancement: Product match view now displays the full title.
    • Enhancement: Major improvements to memory management and resources.
    • Bug: Now displays correct number of products found after refresh.
    • Bug: Dealert will now close correctly when the card is thrown away.
    • Bug: Background polling is now more consistent.
    • Bug: Feeds will no longer refresh automatically if the app is launched.

Should be available to you guys shortly!
    Developer of:

1.1 is out, FYI.
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I've added about 4 items and haven't been notified of anything...maybe no change in price or deals....just curious. The app can be closed and doesn't have to be in active card, correct?
    Hey Imex,

You are correct that Dealert will not notify you if that product has no deals or sales at the current time. You are also correct that the card can be closed and it will still work as long as you have "Background Product Tracking" enabled.
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Hey Imex,

You are correct that Dealert will not notify you if that product has no deals or sales at the current time. You are also correct that the card can be closed and it will still work as long as you have "Background Product Tracking" enabled.
    ok, thanks. I appreciate the answer from the Dev. I have 5 items in there and no hits yet, about to be 6...so, was just curious. Appreciate the fast response.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    If you don't mind me asking, what items are you looking for and what did you type into Dealert?

Knowing what to type in can maximize your results.
    Developer of:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I submitted Dealert v1.2 to the App Catalog.

Dealert v1.2 Changelog

• Feature: "Products Found" screen has been completely revamped. New items now show at the top, you can set read/unread status, and UI has been improved.
    • Feature: "Read" Dealerts will now auto-delete after a configurable amount of days.
    • Feature: You may now turn off notifications while refreshing feeds manually.
    • New Sites: DODTracker.com, eDealinfo.com
    • Enhancement: Title bar now remains visible when scrolling through deals lists.
    • Bug: Dashboard notification will no longer display if a product is found while the card is minimized.
    • Bug: Device will no longer crash when the Feed Manager database is reset.
    • Bug: Disabling background product tracking now clears out any remaning queued set times to update.
    • Bug: Dealert will no longer check for matches in the background if there are no products in the tracking list.

The update should be out within a few days. I hope you enjoy it!
    Developer of:

LOVE the enhancement - by the time i got to the end of a list i couldn't remember what site i was checking!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    LOVE the enhancement - by the time i got to the end of a list i couldn't remember what site i was checking!
    Haha, I had the same problem, which is exactly why I added it
    Developer of:

i seriously was going to email you the suggestion but figured i was the only one who needed it!

two suggestions:
    can you set up a default email address for where to send the alert?

also steep and cheap is a great shopping site which changes it's sale items frequently and dealert would be perfect for this type of site.
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i seriously was going to email you the suggestion but figured i was the only one who needed it!

two suggestions:
    can you set up a default email address for where to send the alert?

also steep and cheap is a great shopping site which changes it's sale items frequently and dealert would be perfect for this type of site.
    thanks!
    I'll look into both items, Eddie. Thanks!
    Developer of:

great!
    it's up in the app catalog - great job! love how the title bar remains visible- great update!
    Thanks Eddie!
    Developer of:

Nice app. Would it be possible to add groupon.com deals?
    Palm V - BlackBerry 8700 - iPhone 3G - Pre Plus
    Apps I like: Backgrounds, 5000 Quotes, Dealert
    Quote Originally Posted by predev View Post
    Nice app. Would it be possible to add groupon.com deals?
    Yep! Let me take a look at it. If it's good for Dealert, I can definitely add it to the feed list.
    Developer of:

Great, look forward to it.
    Palm V - BlackBerry 8700 - iPhone 3G - Pre Plus
    Apps I like: Backgrounds, 5000 Quotes, Dealert
    Kevin,

I just purchased you program, Dealert. I am looking to buy a Wirless Router right now or in the next few weeks. I like Netgear, so I put in the model I was looking for, the Netgear WNDR3700 RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router. It doesn't show up anywhere. I typed in Netgear WNDR3700, still nothing. I tried different variations of the model. I even tried models from different makers that I new were on special at Newegg, and it didn't show up. Newegg sends me emails about special deals. I went to Newegg to see if the Netgear I was looking for was being discounted and it was being discounted. I went to slickdeals.net to see when I put in the router I wanted, would it show up. I also did, yet it was older than a few days, and other people were adding on other deals for the router elsewhere. Your program shows nothing of this at all. Did I just waist $2 for a program that won't work the way I thought it was suppose too or did I misunderstand what this programs does. If I did, I apologize. Does your program only find deals for today only and the past few days and not look back on continuing deals. I would be interesting into knowing what I did wrong or is there just a glitch in your program. I have read great reviews about Dealert and was looking for the best bargain on the router I wanted to get. Please let me know what I could do? Again, if I completely misunderstood what this program does, I apologize, and I will just have it continue to monitor the item I am looking to purchase through your program. I does seem to be a good program with a lot of promise. So maybe the waist of $2 is a little harsh.

Thanks again.

David F.
    Last edited by dfine1966; 03/07/2010 at 01:59 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast