Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Anything related to the patch to display download counts in 1.2.1 can be posted here!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Lets say someone forgot they had the download count patch installed and upgraded to 1.3.1 without removing it before hand. Would that be bad, doesnt seem to cause any problems, but the download could is gone, i get ipkg error trying to remove it and cannot update it.. is this fixable?
    Check out GetMeVino!
    i'm having the same issue. it didn't install correctly and can't remove the patch....please help. i tried epr but it's still shows in preware.
    Are the download counts published anywhere on the web? I would be very interested if someone were able to set this up. Two reasons I can't check them myself:

1: I am wary of installing a patch, as I develop apps for the App Catalog, and need to test on a platform my users will be using.
    2: I'm in Europe, but selling apps for money, which means I can't even see my own apps in the catalog (ridiculous I know).

Would it be very difficult for someone to set up an automated feed of download counts for all apps?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneosullivan View Post
    Are the download counts published anywhere on the web? I would be very interested if someone were able to set this up. Two reasons I can't check them myself:

1: I am wary of installing a patch, as I develop apps for the App Catalog, and need to test on a platform my users will be using.
    2: I'm in Europe, but selling apps for money, which means I can't even see my own apps in the catalog (ridiculous I know).

Would it be very difficult for someone to set up an automated feed of download counts for all apps?
    Palm is in the process of creating feeds for the public to see. Also you can install this patch without issues. All the patch does is uncomment code already created by Palm that they just commented out.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Palm is in the process of creating feeds for the public to see. Also you can install this patch without issues. All the patch does is uncomment code already created by Palm that they just commented out.
    Thanks for that - it's great to hear that Palm are working on this. Do you know if there is a timeline for it?

As for the patch, as I mentioned it unfortunately won't help me as I'm in Europe and cannot even see my paid apps listed in the App Catalog. However, thanks for the clarification.
    Hello, I have tried several times intalling this patch, and i don't manage to make it work on the emulator.

Can anyone tell me the download count of my apps ??

Lightning Impact
    coool drinks
    advanced bac calculator

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase !!!
    I have a 1.1.3 app catalog and am trying to install the 1.3.1-10 version, but it doesn't install.

So I assume that it won't work because I am still using 1.1.3 app catalog? (for those poor guys in Asia who can only downgrade to 1.1.3 to get anything)
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Just confirmed that this works with 1.3.5.1 - now I can see that 36347 have downloaded iFartFree - OMG
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Is it just me or did this patch stop working today? Either palm changed something in the app catalog or my phone is doing something screwy since I no longer see the download counts. Also I have the show app details patch and that is not working for me either.
    Looks like the patched catalog, precentral's app catalog, and external sites like myappbox are no longer getting updates on the download count of apps.

The official developer portal is still working of course.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
    I ported the patch to webos 2.0.1 . See general patch forum for details. Will contact the developer.