1.    #1  
    Is it possible to record phonecalls? Is there an app for it?
    Last edited by palandri; 10/28/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Nope...not unless you use Google Voice for the call you want to record.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    What he said
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    no, unfortunately not at this time.

I have to ask, how did that C get all the way over there?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I'd suggest getting a spell checker first.
    Also recording phone calls without one or both party consent is illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Also recording phone calls without one or both party consent is illegal.
    Depends on the state. If you are recording one of your own phone calls, either incoming or outgoing, you already have your consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    no, unfortunately not at this time.

I have to ask, how did that C get all the way over there?

that just had me in tears.
    I use CallRec by Qmobilsoft on my Treo 650. It may work with the Classic Emulator, but I haven't tried it. There are others on this forum who may be able to tell you that. FWIW, CallRec is excellent on the Treo, but who knows on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    And, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $at$ $this$ $point$ $Google$ $Voice$ $can$ $only$ $record$ $incoming$ $calls$, $not$ $calls$ $you$ $initiate$, $correct$?
    so how you place a call with google voice thru palm pre and do they extra or is part of the plan i already have and what the (c) means on those reply asking about the c
    Quote Originally Posted by marlaivan View Post
    so how you place a call with google voice thru palm pre and do they extra or is part of the plan i already have and what the (c) means on those reply asking about the c
    One of my very 1st Sprint phones was able to record calls with the push of a button. Old school technology better than new?!?! I don't remember what the phone model was but Sprint was just a toddler then - 1997.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So to sum it all up the answer is basically no for now but hopefully available in the future because it is possible? I hope it will be as awesome as CallRec for the treos...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I currently use CallRec on the Centro and it works flawlessly. You can set it to record automatically or manually and you can set up the file name format. It is the second most useful app on my Centro. I never have to take notes at the moment of the call, I can pay attention to the caller, then re-listen later and takes notes then or take care of the issue. Perfect.

And true with Goggle Voice, only on inbound calls. I suspect this is because when you press 4 on your phone during an inbound call, Google Voice announces that the call is being recorded. Google knows all parties are on the call to hear that. I guess Google Voice is not smart enough yet to accept call recording only after the person receiving the call is on the call, they are afraid that someone will start the call and press 4 before the other person answers. And since the recording is done by Google, they are liable if someone is trying to do this without notification of other parties which is required in some states here.

Bottom line is we need an app that does this without Google Voice. I received an email from CallRec and they said maybe, but did not have access to the phone yet to the level they need to see if it was possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I currently use CallRec on the Centro and it works flawlessly. You can set it to record automatically or manually and you can set up the file name format. It is the second most useful app on my Centro. I never have to take notes at the moment of the call, I can pay attention to the caller, then re-listen later and takes notes then or take care of the issue. Perfect.

And true with Goggle Voice, only on inbound calls. I suspect this is because when you press 4 on your phone during an inbound call, Google Voice announces that the call is being recorded. Google knows all parties are on the call to hear that. I guess Google Voice is not smart enough yet to accept call recording only after the person receiving the call is on the call, they are afraid that someone will start the call and press 4 before the other person answers. And since the recording is done by Google, they are liable if someone is trying to do this without notification of other parties which is required in some states here.

Bottom line is we need an app that does this without Google Voice. I received an email from CallRec and they said maybe, but did not have access to the phone yet to the level they need to see if it was possible.
    at least, they didn't give up on Pre, it's all about the sdk. Hope it'll come soon.