1.    #1  
    Hello,

It seems that this must have been discussed fairly thoroughly at some point (and relatively recently) but I have done some google and local forum searching without any luck. I apologize if I'm asking a question that has been answered.

I was simply wondering if anyone had any idea when paid apps might be coming to the Bell Palm Pre's north of the border. I've only been able to find a reference to this from months ago stating that Bell did not have any info at the time.

As well, is there any way to get paid apps onto the Pre other than through the app catalogue?

Thanks so much Pre users!

Randy
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I believe you need 1.2.0 for paid apps, so hopefully that is soon for you guys up north. I can confirm that the Palm App website has a entry for allowing your app to show up in Canada
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  3.    #3  
    We have been upgraded to 1.2.0 and then to 1.2.1 up here, so that's not the cause. It just seems that the full non beta app catalogue hasn't made its way yet

The homebrew apps are great, but have been through all of them and would love to trty out something new!
    There are logistical and legal things that need to be looked after before the app store can go live in the Dominion (currency issues, CRTC stuff, Canadian content laws...blah, blah, blah). Bell and PALM are the only folks with the time frame unfortunately.

Also the app store is still in beta here in the USA....I'm sure it will be open to you soon. Your not missing anything anyway, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyboots View Post
    We have been upgraded to 1.2.0 and then to 1.2.1 up here, so that's not the cause. It just seems that the full non beta app catalogue hasn't made its way yet

The homebrew apps are great, but have been through all of them and would love to trty out something new!
  5.    #5  
    Thank you so much! I hadn't heard anything about it for so long I was wondering if there was something that I was missing.

Still no paid apps up here in Canada...
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwen View Post
    Still no paid apps up here in Canada...
    No, and the last Bell rep I talked to (last week) didn't have a date either. This really sucks. The only plus is we don't have to wade through a hundred sports apps :-)
    February 8th now. and still nothing.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I think Europe is getting them in March or April, I forget, but they haven't been announced for us up here in Canada yet, so I'm hoping we'll get them at around the same time as Europe. I am pretty sure that we won't be getting them before Europe so this is the best we can hope for.