Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Price drop is (finally) live, and I (finally) bought it! Great game, thanks.
    I had no problem paying the original price for Wobble Words. Literally every time I play it I wind up spending a half hour on it whether I want to or not...stupid addictive game.

Call me old-fashioned but for mobile games, $5 is my magic price point--that is dirt cheap for something that will give me hours of enjoyment. Any less than that and I have worries that it's junkware hastily assembled to make a quick buck (i.e., a gigantic majority of the stuff on Apple's app store and a good chunk of the stuff on the App Catalog, for that matter).
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    Price drop is (finally) live, and I (finally) bought it! Great game, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I had no problem paying the original price for Wobble Words. Literally every time I play it I wind up spending a half hour on it whether I want to or not...stupid addictive game.

Call me old-fashioned but for mobile games, $5 is my magic price point--that is dirt cheap for something that will give me hours of enjoyment. Any less than that and I have worries that it's junkware hastily assembled to make a quick buck (i.e., a gigantic majority of the stuff on Apple's app store and a good chunk of the stuff on the App Catalog, for that matter).
    Really happy to see this kind of feedback, thanks! The price point gave me a lot of agony before initial launch, and then after. It's tough especially with a new catalog to gauge a sweet spot that says "this is worth it" to the average consumer. Personally, $5 is my sweet spot as well, but a lot of folks are looking for much cheaper since Apple's gigantic catalog of crappy apps crossed the 10K mark. Ah, the business side of making apps. Definitely not as fun as developing an app, but a different sort of "fun".
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    I think you are placed well at $2.99 with Boggle now hitting at your old price point. Hopefully that won't pull much away from new sales.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  5.    #25  
    So far, Boggle doesn't have any reviews for it even. Not sure the download count. Kind of intimidating going up against EA, but also pretty cool. Definitely will keep my on my game, so to speak.

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Great game, bought it the other day. Any new features on the way in future updates? Special modes?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that I LOVE the app! It's the only one I've ever downloaded and actually used for more than a couple minutes. I had no problem paying for it either.

My only complaints are: The shake being activated by shaking the Pre is annoying. I have accidentely bumped my phone or had a call come in with the vibrate on, and it performs a shake in the game. I think having the yin-yang button is more than enough.
    Also, is there a way to make it so we can save non-timed games and come back to them later? That way we can let someone else play even when we aren't done with our game? And we could also save the game if we need to restart our Pre.

Love the app! Thanks so much!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Just wanted to say that I LOVE the app! It's the only one I've ever downloaded and actually used for more than a couple minutes. I had no problem paying for it either.

My only complaints are: The shake being activated by shaking the Pre is annoying. I have accidentely bumped my phone or had a call come in with the vibrate on, and it performs a shake in the game. I think having the yin-yang button is more than enough.
    Also, is there a way to make it so we can save non-timed games and come back to them later? That way we can let someone else play even when we aren't done with our game? And we could also save the game if we need to restart our Pre.

Love the app! Thanks so much!
    Turning off the shake-to-shake feature is one of the most requested options for the game. It's on the short list of upcoming features. Auto-save is coming as well. New features coming include 5x5 grid option, new themes, and (hopefully) support for longer words (some performance issues there I'm working through). Stay tuned!

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Any idea when the save feature will be here? I can't restart my phone (which I desperately need to do since I keep getting the "too many cards" error) because I don't want to lose my game.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Any idea when the save feature will be here? I can't restart my phone (which I desperately need to do since I keep getting the "too many cards" error) because I don't want to lose my game.
    Wrapping it up for submission to the App Catalog next week! Autosave is in the feature list, so fear not. Also, you may notice less "too many card" errors with the webOS 1.4 update from Palm.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Just updated the app. LOVE all the new options! But I'm still not seeing the 'save' feature? Did this not make the update?

Thanks again, dbalmer!!!!
  12.    #32  
    Save game is coming in an incremental release in the next couple of weeks. There were some last minute bugs testers found with it, so I pulled the feature right before submission. Hang in there, and I really appreciate your patience!

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Cool! Can't wait.
    sad thing is that we can't spend the price of one cocktail or a coffee drink on a very cool game.
    I bought it at 4.99 - love it. Happy with each update. Bought Boggle and Scrabble -- the user interfaces aren't as easy to use as WW - also the Scrabble version is too easy - yeah take that EA.

I notice there's a trophy for 100,000. Huh? Are you kidding or am I just not very good at this game?

What's the highest score anyone's got? My high is just over 49K.

My wishes for future features:
    * be able to clear the top scores list per game config
    * more trophies or else smart alek comments from the developer. That would be funny

Thanks - now I'm gonna go play my Sims3 -- got some crazy gardeners happening there...
  16.    #36  
    Actually, myself and testers have made over 200K scores. It helps a *lot* if you switch the timer to "none". The ability to clear top scores is coming in the next release, possibly with an expansion to the score lists (top this week, this month, all time, or for a particular player). The last bit needs some more testing so it might be in a later release.

As for new trophies: more will be added with each release, count on it!

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I've made it past 100,000 before. But I never keep the timer on. I actually had to quit the game (even though I was still winning) because I needed to restart my phone. I really hope we can start saving our games soon so I don't have to do that.
  18.    #38  
    In the works. Autosave almost made 2.0.3, but testers found some issues with it.

I've heard a lot of great things about Wobble Words...I'll be sure to check it out when I get my Pre+

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwina View Post
    I've heard a lot of great things about Wobble Words...I'll be sure to check it out when I get my Pre+

Great! Welcome to the webOS family! Hope you like the game as much as your new phone. PM me here, post to this board or send an email to our support address if you have any questions or problems. Also, you can follow @GobicoGames on Twitter to keep up with the latest updates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12