1.    #1  
    i would like a brightness toggle button with tap for dim, tap again medium, and tap again for bright. I don't like flipping to the last page in my launcher. than hitting sceen than sliding bar over.

this would be great for situations like walking from inside to outside. and using the phone in the car at night. My blackberry did this automatically and i thought the pre did too. but apparently the pre's light sensor doesn't do anything.
    i agree. i hate having to change my brightness setting when leaving work at night or just turning the brightness up in the morning when i leave for work. i thought the pre had an ambient light sensor.
  3.    #3  
    i thought it did too. but it doesn't or it has one that does nothing.
  4.    #4  
    someone please please make me a dimmer switch.
  5.    #5  
    would be great for the touchstone while i'm trying to sleep
  6.    #6  
    i added the brightness slider to the top bar patch. works good for now
    I figured the Pre would've been just like PalmOS in this regard.... just hit Option + P to toggle the on-screen brightness leveler.

Another switch to enable/disable the keyboard background light would be swell too. Sometimes I'm in a fairly dark setting, where I guess there's just enough light to not kick on the keyboard's backlight. Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i added the brightness slider to the top bar patch. works good for now
    +1 grab this guy from preware if you want a quick way to change brightness, best implementation yet
    I use Quick System Tasks for that. You can pin it to the bottom of the tool bar as well. It supports a bright setting and a low setting. That program actually has many of the quick toggles all in one app.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I figured the Pre would've been just like PalmOS in this regard.... just hit Option + P to toggle the on-screen brightness leveler.
    One big disappointment is that I can't program shortcut keys to applications on the Pre, as I could on the Treo. My Pre is almost always open and on a Touchstone. If I could just grab it and hold T for text, I'd much rather do that than either flick the QL wave or flick up a launcher screen.
    Yup. It wastes battery life and slows it down. That's the one way you know there weren't many Palm guys on top who truly used their smartphones the way we used them.

I'm slowly adjusting. But all the hotkeys will come. They'll come alright.