Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It seems like it needs two files. The service: wIRCd and the application wIRC. I have a feeling that the installation probably have to follow an order... Let's see what Oil says about it.
    It does require two files, the wircd service that you have to install the ARM version on the Pre or the i686 version on the emulator, and the ws.junk.wirc app.

The service is definitely running on my device, checked by going into the terminal and manually starting it, but the app just can't see it for some reason. I figure later versions of either part will fix this.
    Has anybody been able to install this irc app and make it work?
    Lots of people have.

I don't know why both of you have the same problem, It just doesn't make any sense.

Maybe just wait for when we actually release something.
    Here is what I did:
    -Installed the service thinking that was all I needed.
    -Then deleted the service and installed the application thinking that was all I needed
    -Then reinstalled the service thinking that it needs both.
    -I've tried deleting everything and installing the service first then the application and still it didn't work. If the application thinks the service is not running then it should make an attempt to restart the service instead of giving up.
    Really, what you've said should have worked. It doesn't make any sense. Obviously something to work out before we actually release anything.

And, the application can't start the service.
    its because of the old gui.... you need a gui from git and it will see wIRCd working

anyway right now this is not a place to file bugs yet
    So I downloaded the newest version of the GUI from the source and made it into an ipk for my own use, and as en0x says, it's working correctly now. Am I allowed to post the ipk of that here, or would you guys rather that be kept private for now?
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    its because of the old gui.... you need a gui from git and it will see wIRCd working

anyway right now this is not a place to file bugs yet
    I see... so we need the new GUI from OIL to be posted on WebOs Internals.
    0.0.2 alpha ipks are up on the wiki for those daring enough to take the plunge.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    0.0.2 alpha ipks are up on the wiki for those daring enough to take the plunge.
    This app is really nice! I hope you can get hyperlinks to work soon. Also, I've noticed that the service disconnects from the irc server if the Pre has been idle for a couple of minutes.

Awesome Job! Love it!
    THANK YOU!!! Haven't tried the alpha yet, but THANK YOU!!

I love this forum.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    any one have the link to where the ipk is located on the wiki? I not to familiar with that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    any one have the link to where the ipk is located on the wiki? I not to familiar with that site.
    Application:WIRC - WebOS Internals

Oh and tried installing via FileCoaster and didn't work. Needed to be through QuickInstall. Pretty good app so far, now I can stop using BX in terminal.

And I'm not seeing same connection issue as TreoRock, as long as a connection to certain service(e.g. EVDO/1X/Wifi) remains the connection seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Application:WIRC - WebOS Internals

Oh and tried installing via FileCoaster and didn't work. Needed to be through QuickInstall. Pretty good app so far, now I can stop using BX in terminal.
    fileCoaster cannot install advanced homebrew packages like Terminal, Preware, wIRC, Internalz, etc. since it has no way to run the installation scripts and also doesn't take notice of package dependencies.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    fileCoaster cannot install advanced homebrew packages like Terminal, Preware, wIRC, Internalz, etc. since it has no way to run the installation scripts.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the detailed information, figured as much. But when I first heard about this app wasn't near any of my PCs so I gave Filecoaster a shot. Just thought I'd give a warning to anyone else that might see this thread and not be near a PC with WebOS Quick Install.
    Wow, awesome! Tried it out on Efnet and it works great. Only prob is it won't let you use any nick other then Wircer. I place my nick there above password field and it ends up putting that into my user details when I connect but can't seem to change actual nickname. /nick command doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Wow, awesome! Tried it out on Efnet and it works great. Only prob is it won't let you use any nick other then Wircer. I place my nick there above password field and it ends up putting that into my user details when I connect but can't seem to change actual nickname. /nick command doesn't work.
    I think maybe you're getting confused by the menu. In the server setup, alias means the name you want to call the server. To change your nick you have to go to the app menu and pick identity. I think so at least - I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think maybe you're getting confused by the menu. In the server setup, alias means the name you want to call the server. To change your nick you have to go to the app menu and pick identity. I think so at least - I could be wrong.
    Thanks alot man! That did it! App working like a charm now!
    this works GREAT.

Question: I notice the chat logs are auto saved....anyway to purge them?

edit: nvm close the app and logs seem to delete itself

this is pretty sweet...anyone can recommend any active palm irc forms?

does precentral have an active irc channel?
    Last edited by trim81; 11/08/2009 at 11:38 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast