1.    #1  
    ... aka finally an app I'm willing to pay for, at a reasonable price.

Just noticed Stopwatch / Timer in the App Catalog at $0.99. I've been using this for a long, long time since it was an early beta, and I use it constantly, so I'm more than willing to pay for it.

Basically, it does exactly what you'd expect, a countdown timer and a stopwatch, in the basic Palm themes- both light and dark, though I prefer dark.

I honestly barely use the stopwatch so I can't tell you much about that, but the timer is perfect.

Not really much to say in a review of something as simple as this. There will probably be alternatives, maybe even free ones, since it is a simple thing. But it is only a dollar. I've used it for so long I definitely feel it's worth the dollar.

Edit: and it's pulled.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/22/2009 at 08:59 PM.
    yeah, i am about to pay and it disappeared.

I think I previously donated to the developer as well....
    There was a free one that was released along with the 99 cent one. Not sure why someone would pay when another similar app was free.
  4.    #4  
    The free ones I've seen only do stopwatch, not a countdown timer. Could be one I missed though. But also, it's a nice simple application that does everything that I want it to. Why would I be opposed to paying a dollar for it?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat...I'd like that countdown timer but it's not in the app store as it was advertised to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The free ones I've seen only do stopwatch, not a countdown timer. Could be one I missed though. But also, it's a nice simple application that does everything that I want it to. Why would I be opposed to paying a dollar for it?
    Ah, I see. Didn't catch that. You're right the free one (dev: Engine=Car) does not have a timer option. It does look nice though.

You shouldn't be opposed to paying a dollar for an app you want, and neither would I
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'd love a timer option. Better yet, even one that included multiple (3?) timers. For multiple pots on the stove, and such.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I too would like a countdown timer.
  9.    #9  
    It's still in the App Catalog for me, $1.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjrlauve View Post
    I'd love a timer option. Better yet, even one that included multiple (3?) timers. For multiple pots on the stove, and such.
    Check out BBQ Timer. It has 8 timers.
    In general, this app is useful as is, but if they're welcome, I have several suggestions.

Stopwatch:

Move the Reset button away from the Start/Split buttons, or perhaps it could be smaller by half. I find it just too easy to tap it by mistake.

Using both the names Split and Lap for the same function is a little confusing.

Multiple Lap display times seem to be backward. Shouldn't all of the Lap times remain as it is with Lap 1, with the elapsed times in parentheses for subsequent laps?

Timer:

Multiple timers would be awesome. An option for naming them is a good idea too. Steal from the best.

Continue the count after the elapsed time, maybe with another color or a flashing display. Using the cooking examples above, when circumstances keep you from responding right away, knowing the total time can make the difference between rescuing a dish and knowing it's ruined.

Custom sounds for the timer would be good. Like using the phone ring tones to exit meetings gracefully :-)

Again, this is a welcome app and is nicely done. Thanks.