Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I need one to take voice notes. I used this all the time on my iphone before this thing.....man I miss it.

anyways, anyone know?
    i used to have an iPhone as well. and I am greatly missing this. hopefully someone can write this up into an app. hopefully its part of the API's
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGeniusGreg View Post
    .....hopefully its part of the API's
    Unfortunately, it's not part of the documented API's.

So, until palm updates the SDK to include this, there is very little chance of it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by renschen21 View Post
    I need one to take voice notes. I used this all the time on my iphone before this thing.....man I miss it.

anyways, anyone know?
    Yes, there is a way around this......

It's a Sprint Palm OS Treo or Centro.

A Sprint Windows Mobile HTC Touch Pro or Touch Pro 2.

A Sprint Android HTC Hero or a Android Samsung Moment, the latter to be released on Nov. 1st

Me, I'm waiting on the Moment for when the Moment gets here....

5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    This must be possible. I just read the posts about recording video with audio.

I too would love to have voice memo recoding on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    This must be possible. I just read the posts about recording video with audio.

I too would love to have voice memo recoding on my Pre.
    Oh it absolutely IS possible. The problem is that it's not trivial. The hardware is there (duh) and the software is there as well since the phone app can take sound input, plus somebody discovered a sound test that records and plays back a sound.

Unfortunately, the SDK that Palm has put out does not include documented API's to do this. That means that:

1. It could only ever be homebrew.
    2. It would require either writing a service in native code that the app called, or finding your way to the correct undocumented API and figuring out how to implement it correctly.

I suspect that the reason there doesn't seem to be much development on this sort of thing is that there are bigger fish to fry in the homebrew community, and a lot of folks are holding out for a more complete SDK from Palm, which would make this sort of app trivial to create.