Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Unfortunately right now with cookies being deleted at uninstall people would be able to just re-download the trial app and start all over again. This whole approach could still work if Palm would made sure a trial version can only be downloaded ONCE by any given user.

At the moment I don't think it's possible.
    It is possible, it just requires a web service on your site to give the trial app a key for a given PalmId. They can't run the app until they make contact with the web site and get a key, but if they delete and redownload, it will see that the given device has already trialed.

I'm working on that right now. The downside is that any decent developer can bypass this. However that is the problem with existing code exposure.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Hi Rob (rlanza1054)

On behalf of everyone at Ultralingua, I would like to sincerely apologize for the error in the description of our dictionary application.

We have submitted an update to the description of each of our apps to clarify the internet connection requirement, and the update should be reflected in the App Catalog as soon as Palm posts the new description.

We are investigating Palm's refund policy. If you email us via the support page on our website (I tried to post our support email address but the forum will not allow it) we will resolve the issue as quickly as we can.

Best,

Ashleigh Lincoln
    Ultralingua, Inc.
    I am not Rob, but thank you ashleigh. You're reply shows that your companu understnads the error, values the consumer, and shows a sense of integrity most companies do not have. Thank you for your notes on thid. It is welcome and I am now more apt to do business with you based on this.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    agreed. i have no use for ultralingua's apps, but it's nice to see a company be so responsive, as palm never will.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12