Jason, or someone please help me. I've been trying to fix this for over 3 hrs now and am now in tears. My computer is shooting me the 'windows needs to install the driver software for novacom linux' thing again.

Jason, I've followed the steps over and over, and had this issue before on my other Pre - which following your instructions resolved it. I CANNOT get this resolved now on my second Pre.

Now, I cannot even download an .exe Orca to manually do it. It downloads a .msi file without an association and when I try to open it, it says 'application not found'. I've deleted it and reinstalled it several times - same result. I've uninstalled the Novacomd file and tried reinstalling via the WebOS installer. I've made sure the phone is in Dev Mode, it has been in the 'just charge' mode, I have restarted the phone and computer after changes, I'm at a loss.

At one point it seemed to work and then when I made the changes to the "NovacomInstaller_x86.msi" file and saved it to the archive as well - nothing has been right since. I'm assuming I shouldn't have done the archive save, so what do I do now?