Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

This is the official thread for LaunchPoint Speed Dial.

LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.

LaunchPoint lets you put photo icons of your contacts right in the launcher. Now your favorite people are one tap away. Turn a launcher page into a favorites page, with photo icons that allow you to call, email or text with a single tap. Your most favorite can even be dropped into the "quick-launch" bar for even faster access.

LaunchPoint Speed Dial is available in the Palm App Catalog.

Please show you support by returning to the app catalog and giving a review and star rating.

FAQ's:

• Q: I have created a launchpoint and now I would like to delete it. How do I do this?
      A: From the launcher screen, hold the orange button and tap the launchpoint you would like to delete. You will be prompted twice to confirm you really want to delete the launchpoint.

Note: If you follow the above procedure and the launchpoint still does not delete, you may need to restart your phone. Simply press the orange button + "SYM" button + "R" key. Once your phone restarts, you should no longer have problems deleting launchpoints.

• Q: How do I update a launchpoint?
      A: To update a launchpoint, delete it following the instructions above, and recreate it.

"Thank You" to all who have helped in the development of this app. Our aim is to make it as easy as possible to communicate with your most frequent contacts. If you have any support issues, or suggestions for new features, please post them here and we will be sure to respond.

-worthb

worthwhileTech - Developer of LaunchPoint Speed Dial
    Last edited by worthb; 04/30/2010 at 01:52 AM.
    Great app, just purchased it from the app store and gave it 5 stars. Not sure how long it takes for the review to show up but it's one of the very few apps worth purchasing at this time, in my opinion.
    I agree great app! However, I do have a suggestion: Please create your icon on the same page that the Launchpoint icon exists.

I have 6 Launcher pages with page 3 holding the Launchpoint icon and contact icons. However when I create a new contact icon, it goes to page 1...Its just a pain to move the icons over....

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    All new icons always land on the first page, so I'm not sure whether the programmer has any say over where the icon will be put. I put my Launchpoint contact icons all on the first tab so I can flick back repeatedly and not have to worry about going back too far.

To the programmer, absolutely great program. The only issue I have seen is that if there is a contact with numerous phone numbers, it seems that you can't scroll through the list, instead, they just run off the page. That's a rare issue, for sure, however.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarustx View Post
    I agree great app! However, I do have a suggestion: Please create your icon on the same page that the Launchpoint icon exists.

I have 6 Launcher pages with page 3 holding the Launchpoint icon and contact icons. However when I create a new contact icon, it goes to page 1...Its just a pain to move the icons over....

Thanks!
    lazarustx,
    Believe me, if I could do so, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    All new icons always land on the first page, so I'm not sure whether the programmer has any say over where the icon will be put. I put my Launchpoint contact icons all on the first tab so I can flick back repeatedly and not have to worry about going back too far.
    msgott,
    You are correct. I have no control over where the launchpoints are created. All new launchpoints created (including for new apps installed) go at the bottom of the first launcher page.

Personally, I keep all of my speed dial launchpoints on the first page, and move all of my apps to the other pages. I have found that I really never scroll around looking for apps, I just open the keyboard and use universal search. When I want to make a phone call, though, especially when I'm in the car or only have one hand free, I want to call immediately without sliding out the keyboard. My launcher always opens up to the first page where my launchpoints are because I hardly ever use the other pages. I just dump all of my app launchpoints on them without any regard to where they are.

To the programmer, absolutely great program. The only issue I have seen is that if there is a contact with numerous phone numbers, it seems that you can't scroll through the list, instead, they just run off the page. That's a rare issue, for sure, however.
    If you are referring to the list of phone numbers when you press the "ALL" button on the popup, yes, this is a known limitation and should be addressed in the next update. Also in the next update will be an "ALL" button for all email addresses.

I'm glad you are enjoying LaunchPoint. Please spread the word by leaving a review in the app catalog.
    i can not download... do not have file coaster... and dont know how to get into my phone..
    could not find in the "offical app store"
    I don't mind paying for it if makes it easy to install...
    can you give me instructions or some help please
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leanimages View Post
    i can not download... do not have file coaster... and dont know how to get into my phone..
    could not find in the "offical app store"
    I don't mind paying for it if makes it easy to install...
    can you give me instructions or some help please
    leanimages,
    Are you in the u.s.? If so it should be in the "app catalog". As soon as the app catalog opens just type "launchpoint" in the search box and hit the search button. If you are not in the us, you will need to wait until paid apps are available in your area.

I am considering a free version for non-U.S. Markets. If I release a free version it will probably show up here on homebrew first.
    yes i am in the us... i found what i think is the palm app catalog and when i searched, nothing
    can you give me the web address for the correct site...
    i did a google search for "palm app catalog" and got lot of stuff, but i spend more than an hour opening and closing windows trying to find the store with the apps...

thanks... june
    ok.. i found it on my phone...how stupid do i feel
    i was searching the internet
    thanks
    Congrats on making it to the app store, I recently webos doctored my pre and could not find you program to put back on, then when to app store. 1 question did you fix the problem I was having with the homebrew version: say I did a new lauchpoint their picture would be there till they changed their facebook picture then it would go away and be just the launchpoint icon. If so i will def buy it, i know it sounds petty but i hate having to make new launch point every time my wife/friend changed their picture.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsblair17 View Post
    Congrats on making it to the app store, I recently webos doctored my pre and could not find you program to put back on, then when to app store. 1 question did you fix the problem I was having with the homebrew version: say I did a new lauchpoint their picture would be there till they changed their facebook picture then it would go away and be just the launchpoint icon. If so i will def buy it, i know it sounds petty but i hate having to make new launch point every time my wife/friend changed their picture.
    jsblair17,
    At this time, launchpoints need to be recreated manually, just as with the version you had previously. We are actively pursuing access from Palm to the necessary functions that would allow launchpoints to update automatically, so hopefully this will be resolved to your satisfaction in an upcoming update.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Great app, love it, use it all the time. However sometimes inexplicably when I try to text someone the number will come up as "unknown." Is there any way to fix this or does anyone know the cause?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chenm0416 View Post
    Great app, love it, use it all the time. However sometimes inexplicably when I try to text someone the number will come up as "unknown." Is there any way to fix this or does anyone know the cause?
    chenm0416,
    This is a known issue that I am working to get resolved. I have a couple of users working with me to get the issue resolved, as I have not been able to replicate the issue on my own Pre. I hope to have an update in place soon.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I bought the app, thanks for your hard work.

I do have a feature request: could the contact photos get rounded corners? Maybe a nice bevel too, like the icons for web bookmarks. They would look much more slick that way.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    When will this feature be added? It would be awesome!

Group text and email links. Assign a group of close friends to a link and text them all with a single tap.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    When will this feature be added? It would be awesome!

Group text and email links. Assign a group of close friends to a link and text them all with a single tap.
    natenrb9,
    I'm trying to get group email finished for the next update (which will hopefully be available before pixi release). Group text is not possible at this time due to limitations of webOS. I will add it as soon as it becomes possible.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    I bought the app, thanks for your hard work.

I do have a feature request: could the contact photos get rounded corners? Maybe a nice bevel too, like the icons for web bookmarks. They would look much more slick that way.
    cfbauer,
    I have always wanted to do this, but have to wait for the needed functions to become available within webOS.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with mine happens a bit, and when it happens on mine, the picture changes from the pic in contacts to the moon icon, when it happens I delte the contact recreate it and it is good for a bit again. so far seems to be the same contacts that this happens too. If you need another person to work with let me know would be glad to help out.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    1. If I make a launchpoint for a contact with one photo(or no photo), then want to represent them with a different photo how do I switch photos?

2. I know I already asked this but I was hoping you could look into it more. It is so annoying that when you do a launchpoint email the cursor starts in the body of the email instead of the subject. Are you sure there is no way to change this or give us the option?
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    chenm0416,
    This is a known issue that I am working to get resolved. I have a couple of users working with me to get the issue resolved, as I have not been able to replicate the issue on my own Pre. I hope to have an update in place soon.
    Another app similar to launch point is experiencing the same issue where the sms comes up as unknown. The support person from that app said it is a bug in webos and that palm has been made aware. I was looking here to see if anyone had commented on if it would be fixed on the next update of webos. I don't think I've posted this properly (as a seperate reply). Sorry.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast