Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    well it is charging me again but dont worry about the credit. The fact that you're online giving great customer serivce is worth the extra .99! Plus its got the new group text button, which couldve saved me 2.99 from purchasing mail list that doesnt work, its well worth it and i'll be donating more soon. Thanks again for your help. Other App Developers should take note that a Great App and Great Customer service goes a long way and keeps your customers loyal. ALL HAIL Worthb!!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    hwardlaw01,

Thank you for your kind words. I have to say I'm quite relieved to be receiving positive feedback here in this forum after the mess that webOS 1.4 caused.

Please let me know how the group text launchpoints work for you. I didn't have a large group of SMS recipients to test with, but I don't expect any issues, other than the 20 recipient limit. The group text launchpoint calls the messaging app directly and just passes the list of recipients, so I have no control of how the messaging app functions beyond that, but I have heard that there is an "unlimited sms recipients" patch available via preware that may remove the limit. If anybody has had experience using that patch, please post here.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial users,
    I am requesting feedback on version 0.9.0 as I am working on version 1.0.0 to be released shortly. I would appreciate any and all feedback but have a few specific questions.

#1: Release Notes
    I added the release notes on the opening screen as a way to better communicate with you, the user. What you see is actually just a web page that is displayed, allowing me to change or update the content at any time.

Question: Did you find this helpful? Did you take the time to read them? Do you find this intrusive, or do you get tired of seeing it every time you go to create a new launchpoint? Would you rather have a "Release Notes" button to click, or have them hidden in the system menu (top left corner dropdown menu)?

I could have them only display the first few times you run LaunchPoint and then have them be automatically hidden from that time forward. I could then have them display again if there is new content, such as a new version announcement, etc.

#2: Dashboard Accelerator
    I know that many of you expressed a STRONG desire not to have anything running in the dashboard. I was sure to make the Dashboard Accelerator an optional feature.

Question: Have you tried this feature? Does anybody use this feature on a regular basis? If so, would you like an option to create a launchpoint that you could tap to start the dashboard accelerator without having to open LaunchPoint and select the option from the system menu?

-worthb
    #1. i did read them and i found them helpful, but i dont see them each time i open the app which is ideal for me.

#2. i have tried it and i like the fact that i can choose to run it on the dashboard, however i dont want to see the icon (in the lower right hand corner) Instead if it can just run inthe backgroud without an icon. dont see any lag on my system from it, and it allow almost instant connectivety.

Over all Everything works great, i only have 2 suggestions. Can we figure out a way for the pics not to go back to the moon when someone changes thier pic. Not major, just something i know myself and others want. and 2ndly, since peeps change their numbers sometimes, can u add a way to edit a group text list. right now i would have to re-enter each name to remove one unless i do it in the text box. Again these are major issues, just something to works towards. Again thanks for everything
    #1. Release Notes - I have no problem with the way they appear currently. Ideally, they should only show the first 3 times you use LaunchPoint and whenever there is new content, such as a new version announcement, etc.

Additionally, a "release notes" button or menu selection would be cool to have.

#2: Dashboard Accelerator - Ideally, add an option to hide the dashboard icon. The three biggest reasons people HATE the dashboard icon is it takes up valuable screen real estate, you feel like it is a notification which requires attention, and background apps may be a battery drain.

Hiding the icon takes care of the 1st two issues. We can individually test to see whether or not the app drains our battery excessively and if so we can individually choose not to run the app in dashboard mode.

No one complains about having too many customization options.
    THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

To date, Launchpoint is the only paid app I have on my phone. When 1.4 came out with it's new way of launching apps I stopped using LP because of the extra card that had to be swiped away before I could use another LP. This update has brought LP back to me. This is definitely one of those "Gotta have it if you want to use this phone" type of apps.

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1-I found the notes helpful. How about having them appear the first couple of times you open the app and then can be accessed through the menu.

#2-I hate losing the real estate but I have weather dashboard running at the same time so it doesnt take up any more room for me than I have already lost. Therefore I tend to keep it running in the background for the extra boost of speed.

Thank you so much for fixing this app after 1.4. It is the most used app that I have. It worked great before and even better now!
    I just got 9.0 and this is just great! The speed is great and no interim card is even better. I ran it in both Dashboard mode and standard mode and honestly can't notice a significant speed difference in direct launch speed dials so not sure about the advantage here...it is just plain fast. Great app.
    Is there a way to create one group launchpoint that gives you the option of texting or emailing the recipients?

I love this app by the way and have gladly purchased it more than once due to the fact that I fragged my profile (long, funny story...as I look back...not so much when it happened!) while setting up my wife's new Pre, which also has this app. Great work!

Can you get emoticons working with this app?...that would rock!
    Last edited by spudland; 03/21/2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: forgot to thank!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Is there a way to create one group launchpoint that gives you the option of texting or emailing the recipients?

That's a great idea!
    Let's say you have a mixed group launchpoint that contains both phone numbers and email addresses. I envision a day that when you tap the launchpoint a half-screen popup appears giving you the following options:
    - TEXT (only send message to SMS recipients)
    - EMAIL (only send message to email recipients)
    - BOTH (send message to both SMS and email recipients)

I would also like to have the options of TO, CC, and BCC when using the email options.

worthb, when you add these options, LaunchPoint will enter the next STRATOSPHERE!
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    I just got 9.0 and this is just great! The speed is great and no interim card is even better. I ran it in both Dashboard mode and standard mode and honestly can't notice a significant speed difference in direct launch speed dials so not sure about the advantage here...it is just plain fast. Great app.
    You are correct. You will only see a difference in speed when using popups. They run MUCH faster in Dashboard mode!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    You are correct. You will only see a difference in speed when using popups. They run MUCH faster in Dashboard mode!
    The other case where you will see a difference is if you have not deleted and recreated your dedicated launchpoints. Without the dashboard mode, they will open a card when launched (the card will be thrown away automatically). With dashboard mode running, an interim card will not be created.

-worthb
    I so love this app!
    I am glad that the new version of the app was released but the pictures sometimes still disappear after a reboot. I reboot my phone every morning at 4 AM. Is there a way to stop the pictures from disappearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I am glad that the new version of the app was released but the pictures sometimes still disappear after a reboot. I reboot my phone every morning at 4 AM. Is there a way to stop the pictures from disappearing?
    I reboot every morning too and never lose my photos. I have 3 text launchpoints and 4 dial launchpoints. Two pull their photos from facebook and the rest pull them from Google contacts.

Hopefully that helps diagnose your problem.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    milliman,
    It is a known issue that if somebody updates their facebook profile picture, the launchpoint you created using their picture will now display a "half moon" icon. This is because the launchpoint is pointing to a picture stored on your phone that no longer exists.

The update I'm currently working on will address this issue. It will create a copy of their profile picture and that copy will be used by the launchpoint. If they update their profile, the launchpoint will still point to their old picture.

I hope to release this update within the next day or two.

-worthb
    worthb:

I do not have Synergy working with Facebook. Only two of the contacts that change are linked to profiles with pictures from LinkedIn or other sources that could change. The other two contacts are static pictures that I took on my phone. I recreated the launchpoint and I'll see how it works tonight.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #1: Release Notes
    I read them and found them helpful. I prefer to see them once after each update (or addition of content), then access them through the system menu if I need to read them again (which is unlikely).

#2: Dashboard Accelerator
    I tried it and like it, but I don't know that I'll use the feature on a daily basis. I don't need a launchpoint to start the dashboard accelerator, but I acknowledge that someone else might view it as a convenience.

LaunchPoint Speed Dial was one of the first productivity apps I tried (back in its homebrew days) and has the distinction of being the first app I purchased from the catalog. I, like others, appreciate the fact that you diligently and transparently improve your program for the benefit of your users.
    #1. Love it but would prefer it to be like Preware...read it once and dismiss it. Then it only comes back if there's an update to the message.

#2. Certainly would like a Launchpoint to start the accelerator. Definitely speeds things up!

#3 (okay, I'm taking liberties here...) Is there a way to create one group launchpoint that gives you the option of texting or emailing the recipients? Maybe some kind of checkbox to have the option to text or email different contacts within that group with the same message? I asked earlier and someone else thought it was a great idea but I never got an answer...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I am having problems with my newly downloaded LaunchPoint.
    When I click on an icon, it opens a larger icon that comes with a Close button.
    The close button works, but the larger icon doesn't work.
    Someone mentioned that I should delete the app and re-install it.
    My question is once I delete it, do I have to buy it again?
    If I do delete, how do I re-install it without re-buying it?