Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 242
  1. #121  
    Thanks, worthb! I can't wait to try out the updated version! If a contact's Facebook image changes, will the Launchpoint still turn into a moon or some other default image/icon?
  2. #122  
    I knew you'd be there for us after 1.4 !
    And dont go too far as I am sure we will need you again next week too.
    I wonder if you can write voicedial into this app.
    I am glad you went with this icon.

    Dont change the icon !
  3. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thanks, worthb! I can't wait to try out the updated version! If a contact's Facebook image changes, will the Launchpoint still turn into a moon or some other default image/icon?
    Unfortunately, that was the one issue that didn't get resolved with this update, but I'm already working on the next update and persistent photo icons is my number one priority.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  4. #124  
    How do I get 9.0? I just bought Launchpoint from App Store yesterday and got an 8.0 version and there are no updates there today. Would love the new version without interim cards, etc. Please let me know...
  5. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    How do I get 9.0? I just bought Launchpoint from App Store yesterday and got an 8.0 version and there are no updates there today. Would love the new version without interim cards, etc. Please let me know...
    chizler,
    Version 0.9.0 of LaunchPoint Speed Dial has been submitted to the app catalog for review, but has not been published to the app catalog. If everything goes well, it should be available in the app catalog sometime in the next few days.

    I will definitely post here when it is available in the catalog, so you may want to make sure that you are subscribed to this thread with email notification.

    -worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  6. #126  
    worthb, does a group text launchpoint send everything through the native messaging app?

    Is it still limited to 20 contacts if you have the "Unlimited Recipients" patch installed?

    What about Mixed Group launchpoints that could include both sms numbers & email addresses? That would be SUPER HOT!!! This would also guarantee that each recipient in the group would receive important messages from me via sms and/or email. Some people don't have sms set up on their phone (and may not have a cell phone) and others may not check email frequently. Sending a message via both channels would make this app even more PRICELESS than it already is! Think about it.

    Update: The Group Text launchpoint does allow email addresses. WOO-HOO!!! Is there any way to make the emails BCC so none of the email addresses are displayed to the recipients? By default no one can see the other recipients of a text message.
    Last edited by sjamie; 03/18/2010 at 11:04 PM.
  7. #127  
    Just installed the 9.0. It is awesome, I'm back in business! I love the new "stop timer" button for pop-ups. This allows me to always use 1 sec. for autodialing and if I need more time to make a decision I just hit the stop timer button. WONDERFUL!

    The card is still launched with popups if you choose not to run it in dashboard mode. It takes longer too but I can live with it. Dedicated launchpoints dial instantly with no cards!
    Last edited by sjamie; 03/18/2010 at 11:01 AM.
  8. #128  
    Is there a way to add recipients to a group text launchpoint after creation? Say I have one with 10 people created then I want to add 5 more. Can I do that or do I have to create a new one from scratch that contains all 15 people?
  9. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Just installed the 9.0. It is awesome, I'm back in business! I love the new "stop timer" button for pop-ups. This allows me to always use 1 sec. for autodialing and if I need more time to make a decision I just hit the stop timer button. WONDERFUL!

    The card is still launched with popups if you choose not to run it in dashboard mode. It takes longer too but I can live with it. Dedicated launchpoints dial instantly with no cards!

    Give me Mixed Group launchpoints and I'll be in Pre Heaven! Thanks, worthb!
    sjamie,
    I didn't realize that version 0.9.0 was released until I got a notification email from your post.

    Thanks for bringing up the "stop timer" button. I forgot to mention that in the release notes.

    Have you tried the Group Text yet? It's exactly what you were asking for. It allows you to choose from mobile numbers, email addresses and even instant messaging nicknames, so gmail chat, yahoo IM etc. can all be selected.

    Some carriers may have a recipient limit ( I know Sprint's limit is 20 ) but I believe there's a patch to go beyond that. If somebody knows more, please post here.

    -worthb

    p.s. I'm already working on the next update, so if anybody has any issues, please post them here and I'll do my best to address them right away.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  10. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Is there a way to add recipients to a group text launchpoint after creation? Say I have one with 10 people created then I want to add 5 more. Can I do that or do I have to create a new one from scratch that contains all 15 people?
    sjamie,
    For now you have to create a new group text launchpoint (I really should call them group messaging launchpoints because they are not limited to texting) but the next update will contain editable group messaging lists. You will be able to add to or delete from the group without having to recreate the launchpoint.

    I'm targeting for next week for the next update, LaunchPoint Speed Dial version 1.0.0!

    -worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  11. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #131  
    Thank you all for your support as we dealt with the issues that affected LaunchPoint Speed Dial. I hope that you are happy with the results, and if not, please let me know here and I'll do my best to make things even better.

    We know that many developers are charging more for their apps, but we are trying to keep LaunchPoint Speed Dial as affordable as possible. All we ask is that you please post a review and star rating in the app catalog. If you had given us a low rating after the 1.4 update, and you feel that version 0.9.0 resolves your issues, please be sure to update your star rating.

    I'm glad to have LaunchPoint functional once again, but I'm really excited about the new features that we have in the works for our 1.0.0 release. I will keep you posted, and will be looking for more help with beta testing. If you are interested, please let me know via private message.

    -worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    sjamie,
    For now you have to create a new group text launchpoint (I really should call them group messaging launchpoints because they are not limited to texting) but the next update will contain editable group messaging lists. You will be able to add to or delete from the group without having to recreate the launchpoint.

    I'm targeting for next week for the next update, LaunchPoint Speed Dial version 1.0.0!

    -worthb
    Yes, editable group messaging lists would ROCK! I can't really use group lists until then because my groups grow weekly and it is waaaay too much trouble to recreate them every time someone is added.

    Also, please add a way for email addresses in Group messaging lists to be BCC so no one can see the email addresses of others who've also received the message. Right now all email addresses appear in the TO: field which creates a privacy issue for some.

    One more thing: It would be nice if you could enhance the quality of the contact's launchpoint icons to look more like PhotoDialer. Having good eye candy is never a bad thing!
    Last edited by sjamie; 03/18/2010 at 11:33 PM.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    Thank you all for your support as we dealt with the issues that affected LaunchPoint Speed Dial. I hope that you are happy with the results, and if not, please let me know here and I'll do my best to make things even better.

    We know that many developers are charging more for their apps, but we are trying to keep LaunchPoint Speed Dial as affordable as possible. All we ask is that you please post a review and star rating in the app catalog. If you had given us a low rating after the 1.4 update, and you feel that version 0.9.0 resolves your issues, please be sure to update your star rating.

    I'm glad to have LaunchPoint functional once again, but I'm really excited about the new features that we have in the works for our 1.0.0 release. I will keep you posted, and will be looking for more help with beta testing. If you are interested, please let me know via private message.

    -worthb
    I definitely wrote a review in the app catalog and gave it 5 stars. I tried to give it 20 stars but for some reason I wasn't allowed to do so!
  14. #134  
    Best app on webOS... Thanks for all your work!!!!
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  15. #135  
    so is 9.0 available b/c i dont see it? as a matter of fact mine still says 7.3 am i missing something?
  16. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwardlaw01 View Post
    so is 9.0 available b/c i dont see it? as a matter of fact mine still says 7.3 am i missing something?
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial 0.9.0 is available in the app catalog. Are you still using the homebrew version? Open the app catalog and type "launchpoint" in the search box and tap the magnifying glass button.

    Are you with a US carrier that allows paid apps? If not, paid apps are coming to
    international carriers soon.

    -worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  17. #137  
    no im with sprint and its the paid app, and when i click on in the app catlog it says this is not a valid webos app, but i purchased it out of the app catalog, do i need to delete in and redownload it?
  18. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwardlaw01 View Post
    no im with sprint and its the paid app
    Are you running webOS 1.4 ? Can you find LaunchPoint Speed Dial in the app catalog?
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
  19. #139  
    running 1.4 and i did find it in the app catalog, should i delete what i have and redownload it, and will i be charged again to download it?
  20. worthb's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwardlaw01 View Post
    running 1.4 and i did find it in the app catalog, should i delete what i have and redownload it, and will i be charged again to download it?
    If you have purchased it in the past, you should be able to delete it and then return to the app catalog where you should have the option to download it again. The only exception would be if you had to recreate your Palm profile at any point. If you end up having to pay for it again, let me know and I will get you a credit. Keep me posted and let me know what you think of the new version.

    -worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions