Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Of course, same issue with me but wanted to note a similar behavior in another app: Pocket Mirror. There is an icon for Pocket Mirror Notes that now, when lauched, opens a "dummy card" then the app itself on a second card. Two cards opened from one app launch.

Good luck with the update, Worthb ..love the app.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I'm here. I've been working feverishly to get LaunchPoint back in working order. Many of us developers had preview access to beta versions of the upcoming 1.4 update, and had reported a number of issues, including the splash screens that appear and have to be thrown off of the screen. The final version of 1.4 was released without this issue being resolved, so it has affected a number of apps. I'm aware of a couple of other issues also, such as popup launchpoints opening in a full card rather than a popup dialog.

There are a couple of workarounds that I am attempting that will hopefully get rid of the straggling cards. I may not be able to keep them from appearing initially, but at least hope to get rid of them so that you don't have to manually throw them away each time.

I will continue, with the other developers, to press Palm to address these issues in a 1.4.x follow-up release. As webOS stabilizes, things should settle down. In the meantime, I will do everything I can to get LaunchPoint back into shape.

Thank you all for your support.

-worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    I now see that this is my Favorite app on WebOS. I have my 1st page in the launcher all my fav people who I communicate with. Without this app, its a real pain (or many more taps) to Dial, SMS, etc. Please keep up the good work. Palm should include this app into WebOS as it is just that Good/Needed

Thanks, looking forward to fixes
    worthb, we don't care if every little bug is fixed. We can handle the updates. Fix and issue, then release it. Fix another issue and release it. Save the SMS bug for last. I'd just be happy to get rid of those stupid splash cards and keep the pictures on the launchers. Yes it would be nice to see the pictures updated when they change them in the contact, but I can live without the update for the time being. I'd even accept a manual update option where I had to edit the launcher and tell it to update the picture. Anything is better than the crescent moon sporadically appearing. Please give us something. It is software, you will never fix everything especially if it is dependent on Palm.
    Hello! I still like Launchpoint the best of all the launchers, but have a concern/question. Tomorrow I'm going to be receiving my fourth Pre. I need a way to back up Launchpoint shortcuts so I don't have to recreate them all again.

Is there a way?

Thanks,
    Don
    sweet
    great
    i love this phone
    lol
    donfergusonjr: that is great question. I Would Love to back my Launch Points, Please
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Don,
    I'm sorry, but there is no way to back up launchpoints. They contain id numbers that represent the contact person and their contact points (phone numbers, email address, etc). These contact point id's would not be the same on a different device. The way webOS works currently, you can not access the contact point id's without picking the contact manually from the "people picker" (the list of contacts that's presented when you create a launchpoint). This is by design for security reasons so that a rogue app can not access all of your contacts and steal your email addresses, etc.

Palm does say that they are trying to work out ways to give apps greater freedom to access your contact information, so in the future, I may have greater access to include such features, as well as auto-updating contact photos, etc.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is BY FAR the best app created for fast contact usage. I likewise have one page of just LP contacts, some just dilers and some with SMS and Emails.

I can honestly say it is the only app I use every single day!

I can handle some bugs, it's worth the wait for the fixes.

Awesome app!

(If there were App Awards, this one would take contact management award easily!) IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is BY FAR the best app created for fast contact usage. I likewise have one page of just LP contacts, some just dilers and some with SMS and Emails.

I can honestly say it is the only app I use every single day!

I can handle some bugs, it's worth the wait for the fixes.

Awesome app!

(If there were App Awards, this one would take contact management award easily!) IMHO
    Couldn't have said it better myself... as soon as the bug is fixed... my wife and mother in law are getting it....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Workaround for LaunchPoint issues:
    I have found that 1.4 has severely broken the way that apps launch, especially apps that are designed not to display in a card, such as launchpoints and popup launchpoints. The workaround that I have found is that if the app is already running, then the launchpoints will work in the expected manner. What this means is that you can leave the launchpoint card open (the main launchpoint app where you create the launchpoints initially) and then when you tap a launchpoint, it will not open a "splash screen" card, and popup launchpoints will once again open normally, not in a full card.

Of course, this is less than ideal. What I'm currently testing is having a dashboard icon that runs in the bottom right corner of the screen. As long as you leave the dashboard icon there, popups will open instantly and launchpoints will open without a splash screen card, and will not leave straggler cards.

In the past I've tinkered with the idea of using a dashboard icon for faster launch times, but I was able to keep launch times fast enough that it was not necessary, but until things get fixed with the way webOS launches apps, it may be the best solution for now. I would appreciate some feedback. What would you think of having a little launchpoint icon always on the bottom of your screen?

One advantage of having the dashboard icon is that it becomes another quick way to access launchpoint functionality, and may be the best interface for a new feature that I have been developing. I've been working on a "call log" type history screen which would display the most recently used launchpoints, maybe in a list or grid view. With the dashboard icon always at the bottom of the screen, this history screen would always be easily accessible.

What I've been thinking is that when you tap the dashboard area, the launchpoint dashboard could display the phone icon, messaging icon, email icon and an icon for "launchpoint history". This would allow you to remove those icons from the "quick launch". Or, it could display launchpoint photo icons for your "top 3" launchpoint icons, either by most used or most recently used, along with the launchpoint history icon. Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback on these ideas. I've got a bit more testing to do, but should be releasing an update soon. It may not include all of these features, but they will follow soon. I want to get something out right away to fix the major problems and then follow up with the added features.

Thank you all for your patience.

-worthb
    this is the best contact app by far. First page in app is all launch points.open launcher and there they are.why would anyone use anything else.i tried everyone and this one is so far better its not even close. Ofcourse this is just one dudes opinon.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i like the idea with the dashboard icon on a couple levels. hopefully it's available soon as I use this app easily 50+ times a day and especially while in the car.

while i realize you are working to address the issues, it's fairly annoying palm has crippled the ability for simple programs to load quickly to help slow loading apps load faster.

as it currently stands, launch point is useless for me as I can type the name of a contact faster than my pre will load the options in launch point.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    I would appreciate some feedback. What would you think of having a little launchpoint icon always on the bottom of your screen?
    I don't like the idea. I don't like to keep notifications up. I clear text and missed calls as soon as I can.

It works good enough right now that I'm not complaining. I would rather have to toss away an extra card every time rather than always have a launchpoint icon in the notification area.

Just my opinion someone has to dislike the idea right?
    I would appreciate some feedback. What would you think of having a little launchpoint icon always on the bottom of your screen?
    Sorry, but please, please, please - no dashboard icon. Don't know if you followed the Brightness Unlinked saga but that developer, Zinge, released a version that kept it running in the dashboard and users were lighting up the forums here complaining how they hated having a dashboard icon.."our screen is small enough!-without giving up pixels to permanent notifications!, etc" Man, especially if it wasn't there before - forget it.

Zinge actually ended up releasing a version of B.U. that kept it running in the background WITHOUT a dashboard icon. No idea how he did it but that app is now perfect. I'd contact Zinge to see how he did it. It's even working post 1.4.

Good luck, worth b! Still love the app and thanks a million for reaching out.

ps - as for stats, etc.. I'm personally really appreciate the simple, fast, straight forward nature of your app. No frills, just works.
    -worthb
    I would not like this at all.
    I too like to clear things out of that bar as soon as they appear.

Also: My GF uses a different dialing app, forget what it's called but it has the little rocket icon.
    It doesn’t make a splash screen card, maybe something to look into.
    Please, no dashboard icon! Takes up valuable space.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast