Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I'm wondering if this app has been abandoned. I haven't seen the developer post any responses in this thread in almost 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm wondering if this app has been abandoned. I haven't seen the developer post any responses in this thread in almost 2 months.
    Good question. Developer doesn't respond to PM's, either. You might be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    Good question. Developer doesn't respond to PM's, either. You might be right.
    What's even more interesting is that his profile shows him being logged into the forums today (01/18/10) so it seems he is choosing to ignore this thread and your PM's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    That's just wrong....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I am here. I had some other commitments that had kept me from spending the time I needed to reply to this forum and to PM's but those have been resolved so I should be more visible here.

in the mean time, I have continued to push Palm to address the issues that have affected LaunchPoint. Unfortunately, I don't have a resolution for the "SMS" issue that is affecting many of you. I have been trying continually to get Palm to respond to this issue but so far it has been in vain. If there was any way I could fix this myself I would, but it will have to come from Palm. I can only work with the SDK calls they give us.

I have a number of improvements lined up for LaunchPoint Speed Dial but did not want to push out an update that does not fix the SMS issue.

I have been part of the programs that give developers advanced access to upcoming webOS releases, hoping with each release that these outstanding issues will be resolved, but so far this has not been the case.

I will keep you all posted with any new developements.

-worthb
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Thanks for getting back into this thread. Please push out an update with the improvements you have for us to date and simply fix the SMS issue whenever its possible to do so.

Thank you for creating my most used app!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Same problem here but for me even newly created launchpoints show the crescent moon icon. Help!!!!
    Will the new update resolve the icon problem as well?
    Hi Worthb,

Thank you for your replies and I'm glad to see that you're staying up with your forum audience.

For the time being, do you think you could push out an update for Launch Point - even one that doesn't fix the SMS Issue?

If you updated the app description to include the issue and noted that a fix was being worked on, but that you were still improving the app anyways (instead of abandoning it), I think that would have a really positive effect on the perception of LaunchPad within the userbase.

- JP

P.S. While I'm making annoying user suggestions, I thought I could add that it would nice to change your avatar to the LaunchPoint logo for +5 to shameless self promotion.
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P -> Palm Pre
    +1
    Can some one send me the link to the LaunchPoint Speed Dial App so that I may purchase it. I looked for it, but no cigar.

Thanks!
    I have been using LaunchPoint for quite some time, but I got tired of deleting/creating my shortcuts when they would reset. The SMS ones were completely dead. At least the phone ones still worked even though the icons were crescents. I too would love to see any update to this application even if the SMS fix was not there now. I have a whole page of icons that I have to memorize their locations for dialing. I used the pictures to tap the right one while driving so I can still keep my eyes on the road.

WorthwhileTech, please communicate with us and let us know when we can expect to start seeing updates. I have no problem frequently updating the app.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK, here's the scoop. Palm has gotten back to me concerning the SMS issue. They are very aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. They say there is a great deal of internal discussion going on as to how to properly handle the needs of apps such as LaunchPoint Speed dial with regards to keeping updated when contact info changes, especially when changes happen automatically due to facebook profile updates etc (synergy).

It's good to finally have some solid feedback. I don't have a timeline yet, so don't hold your breath, but as soon as they get things fixed, I will definitely make their fix available through an updated LaunchPoint release.

As for icons that break when the contact photo changes, this is a somewhat related issue. At some point, Palm hopes to give apps the ability to re-query the contact database without forcing the user to go back to the contact list and manually choose a contact, but right now that is the only option. I've been working for some time on making the photo icons permanent, so that when your contact changes their facebook profile pic your launchpoints don't change to the "moon" icon. Unfortunately, the last few webOS updates have had a number of changes in regards to how apps can access the contact photos. I had to scrap the changes I had in place because it would have completely broken LaunchPoint. These issues are starting to stabilize, and I have preview access to the upcoming webOS 1.4 release and am working to release an updated LaunchPoint Speed Dial near the time that 1.4 goes live, which hopefully won't be too much longer. This should fix the "moon icon" issue, and add some new features as well.

The good news it that Palm keeps releasing new updates, and even though they have caused some delay in new features, it's a good sign that Palm is serious about making webOS as good as possible. I'm looking forward to the future for this app as well as future apps that we are currently exploring. Thank you all for your support.

-worthb
    Last edited by worthb; 02/13/2010 at 11:54 AM.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Launchepoint is not acting like it use to before the 1.4 update. The pop up opens in a new card. The most convenient part of this app was the Pop-up and the launcher icon. I would like to continue using the app with the pop up feature. Is there any time frame for this critical feature to come back.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Not working properly for me with 1.4 either. It leaves a launchpoint card open after the phone call or SMS is sent that has to be swiped closed after using. I hope this app gets updated.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    +1
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    The extra card being left open is definitely a bummer. This is by far my most used app. I could handle the issue with the icon reverting back to the crescent moon occasionally. The extra card is really annoying. Please tell me this will be fixed soon. I really love this app!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    +1

One of the best little apps I've bought...and this change with 1.4 is really annoying.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Same thing for me. The 1.4.0 update behavior is annoying. Hopefully this gets fixed real soon as well as a speed boost.
    haha i came to this forum today just for this extra card issue. il check back to see when this is resolved. i love the app! no complaints at all!
    same..

Brian? ARe you around?? We LOVE this app, but we need it to be righted..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast