Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    1. If I make a launchpoint for a contact with one photo(or no photo), then want to represent them with a different photo how do I switch photos?
    waddle,
    a) Update your contact with the new photo (using the Contacts app).
    b) Delete launchpoint with old photo
    c) create new launchpoint

2. I know I already asked this but I was hoping you could look into it more. It is so annoying that when you do a launchpoint email the cursor starts in the body of the email instead of the subject. Are you sure there is no way to change this or give us the option?
    Yeah, I wish there was something I could do, but I have absolutely no control over how the email app operates once I call it. That would have to be changed by Palm directly. Maybe submit a feature request with them.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbrady11 View Post
    Another app similar to launch point is experiencing the same issue where the sms comes up as unknown. The support person from that app said it is a bug in webos and that palm has been made aware. I was looking here to see if anyone had commented on if it would be fixed on the next update of webos. I don't think I've posted this properly (as a seperate reply). Sorry.
    I'm trying to get a definitive answer from Palm, but so far I haven't heard anything. I'm also trying to narrow the cause down on my own (with the help of a few beta testers).

I do have a definite workaround that will be in the next update if the issue is not resolved by then.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Doesn't the Pre already offer this on the phone? Whats better with Launchpoint that the Pre doesn't offer?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dulceman View Post
    Doesn't the Pre already offer this on the phone? Whats better with Launchpoint that the Pre doesn't offer?
    Dulceman,
    Thank you for your question. WebOS does allow you to create a launchpoint for a contact record, but when you tap it, it takes you back to the Contacts app.

With LaunchPoint Speed Dial you can create dedicated launchpoints that when tapped dial a chosen number immediately or go straight to the email or messaging apps.

You can also create a popup launchpoint that allows you to choose to dial, email or text all from a single launchpoint. For contacts that have multiple phone numbers, you assign the preferred number to be dialed, but on popup, you can also choose from all other numbers.

Popups can also be set to autodial after a user-selected delay. This gives the flexibility of a popup but also allows for the convenience of single tap dialing. Very convenient when using your webOS device in your vehicle with a bluetooth handsfree unit, etc.
    I had the filecoaster version of launchpoint, and created an icon a while back. My program locked up whenever I tried to launch it, and I had to remove it. I still have a contact icon stuck in my launcher. Now, I can't just download the program, but I have to buy it, just to remove the icon? I don't see myself using the program ever, but I would like to get rid of this icon. It pops up in my universal search every time I try to dial the contact, and it knocks their mobile number off to the bottom of the screen, and I have to scroll down to dial them. Any manual way to remove this icon?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metrogtiguy View Post
    I had the filecoaster version of launchpoint, and created an icon a while back. My program locked up whenever I tried to launch it, and I had to remove it. I still have a contact icon stuck in my launcher. Now, I can't just download the program, but I have to buy it, just to remove the icon? I don't see myself using the program ever, but I would like to get rid of this icon. It pops up in my universal search every time I try to dial the contact, and it knocks their mobile number off to the bottom of the screen, and I have to scroll down to dial them. Any manual way to remove this icon?
    metrogtiguy,
    If you can not delete the launchpoint by holding the orange button and tapping the launchpoint, just restart your phone by pressing orange button + "sym" button + "R" key. After your phone restarts, the launchpoint should be gone, or if not you should be able to delete it with orange + tap.

-worthb
    I was one of the early users of launchpad. Unfortunately I recently had to use Webosdoctor to fix my pre and I lost all of the launchpad icons as well as the applications. Is there anything I can do?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Hi, just purchased your LaunchPoint and really like it. Thanks!

I am not sure if this topic has already been brought up but it was almost impossible for me to find it in the App Store using the search function.

Could not find it under "Launch" "Launchpoint" "Speed" "Dial".

I finally had to go to "Explore" and then "Productivity" and then alphabetize and it finally appeared.

If I had not been browsing the homebrew apps in Pe Central, I would have never even known about your useful app in the first place.

Not sure if this is an anomaly of if others have had a tough time finding your app.

Anyway, thanks for great product!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK, I just need some outside confirmation from somebody who has LaunchPoint Speed Dial installed.

Before 1.3.1, a "popup" launchpoint would open in about 2.5 seconds. I had done everything I could to optimize this startup time, but that's the best I could get it. For some users, including myself, this was just a bit too slow.

Now with 1.3.1, I'm seeing a DRASTIC speedup in the popup time. I'm seeing the popup appear in under 1 second, to the point that any delay is almost unnoticeable.

Of course, I'm not the most impartial judge, so I'm looking to see if others are noticing the same or if it's just wishful thinking on my part. If others do see the same speedup, "THANK YOU PALM" for this latest update!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I am soooo bummed. I had this installed when it was in Homebrew. Last week I had to doctor my phone. Now I don't have it. Perhaps I guess I'll make it my first app purchase from the app store.

OK, I just did that. First paid app for me to buy. I guess now that I have entered my CC information nothing other than my wife will stop me...

congrats on getting this in the app store by the way.
    Last edited by SirWill; 11/14/2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Added that I bought it....
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I don't really know how fast it was under 1.21 (I tend to use autodial launchpoints), but I can confirm that a popup comes up in under a sec in 1.31.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I don't really know how fast it was under 1.21 (I tend to use autodial launchpoints), but I can confirm that a popup comes up in under a sec in 1.31.
    Dr.Grace,
    Thank you for your confirmation. The popup delay was one of the few complaints people had, and now with that resolved, I can confirm that LaunchPoint Speed Dial is more than ever the fastest way to dial, email or text.
    Any news on the contact picture issue?

I personally would rather the icon just keep the same contact image forever instead of switching to the default icon if you can not have it update with it.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    Any news on the contact picture issue?

I personally would rather the icon just keep the same contact image forever instead of switching to the default icon if you can not have it update with it.
    socca1157,
    As you may have noticed in some of the other threads, webOS 1.3.1 broke most apps that use contact photos, forcing the developers to work with Palm on a workaround and rush out updated versions of their apps.

Fortunately, because of the way that LaunchPoint ties into webOS, it was unaffected by this issue. Because Palm had given us a preview release of 1.3.1, we were able to see that some of our planned new features would have been broken when 1.3.1 went live, so we pulled them from Saturday's update, leaving just Pixi-related changes and the new "All" email button.

I am now working with Palm to see what needs to be done to add these features back in. One of those features is persistent contact photos that do not change or disappear, even when a Facebook contact changes their profile pic. This will be the best mid-range solution until some future date when the SDK is updated to allow automatic access to updated contact changes through "synergy".

-worthb
    has there been any more thought towards a version for non-U.S. pre owners?
    I'm fairly new to the Pre, so how do I "Turn a launcher page into a favorites page"?. did you simply drag all of the other icons that were on that launcher page to one of the other pages?

Nevermind. I finally figured out that the Web OS Quick Installer had the Tweaks menu to allowing adding additional pages...this is what I really wanted.
    Last edited by KCBCarmichael; 11/23/2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Just Figured it Out
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Got a replacement Pre today and when I add a new LaunchPoint PopUp it only allows 1 number to Dial instead of multiple numbers. Before I was able to add Home, Mobile, and Work phones on a popup. Any Ideas? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Got a replacement Pre today and when I add a new LaunchPoint PopUp it only allows 1 number to Dial instead of multiple numbers. Before I was able to add Home, Mobile, and Work phones on a popup. Any Ideas? Thanks.
    Fraz,
    You only need to assign a single number to be mapped to the "DIAL" button. The "ALL" button will automatically list all available numbers when you tap it.

-worthb
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    has there been any more thought towards a version for non-U.S. pre owners?
    tabacoff,
    We have given this issue a lot of thought. We were hoping ( and are still hopeful ) that the non-U.S. app catalogs for paid apps will open soon, which would mean that everybody would have access to the same version of LaunchPoint.

In the mean time, though, we are looking at options for a "lite" version that could be distributed to all markets. We just haven't come to a conclusion yet on the best way to handle such a version. The biggest issue is the fact that launchpoints are tied to the app that created them, so if you would upgrade from the lite version to the paid version, your old launchpoints would not work with the paid version and would not benefit from the added features of the paid version.

-worthb
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Worthb, thank you. For some reason I thought ALL numbers were listed on the popup. Anyway, thanks again and this app is awesome!!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast