Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Interesting...I sent the developer a PM on 09/25/10 asking the status and if he could let us know if Launchpoint was still being developed.

No response to PM even though it shows his last activity yesterday (09/28/10) so he's logging into the forums but pretty much ignoring this thread and PM's. He hasn't posted since May.

So much for common courtesy. Time to scratch this one from the list.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    When did the app make the jump into the app catalog? According to one of the app pages on precentral it says the last update was the 23 of sept.
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    When did the app make the jump into the app catalog?
    Almost a year ago. My post #2 of this thread shows I purchased it from the app catalog in October 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    When did the app make the jump into the app catalog? According to one of the app pages on precentral it says the last update was the 23 of sept.
    Since the problems with the App Catalog started, everything says Sept. 23.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Interesting...I sent the developer a PM on 09/25/10 asking the status and if he could let us know if Launchpoint was still being developed.

No response to PM even though it shows his last activity yesterday (09/28/10) so he's logging into the forums but pretty much ignoring this thread and PM's. He hasn't posted since May.

So much for common courtesy. Time to scratch this one from the list.
    Trekker,
    I did see your private message and had just a minute to quickly read the posts here in the forum but was not sitting at my computer and was not able to reply. I have not abandoned LaunchPoint Speed Dial.

It has been frustrating from a developer standpoint that there are issues that we (developers) have reported, such as the sms "unknown" errors, that still are not resolved by Palm. What is apparent is that behind the scenes the majority of Palm's efforts have been going into preparing for the webOS 2.0 update. This means that many such issues may have been resolved in the upcoming release, but not backported to the current 1.4.5 version.

I am currently working with the 2.0 beta to see how to best take advantage of new features in that release. I can't comment at this time on what I have seen, but I am hopeful that future versions of LaunchPoint Speed Dial will be able to address current issues as well as bring new functionality. I know that everybody is anxious to see this happen soon, and I hope that will be the case.

Thank you all for your support over the past year. It has been a great experience and I look forward to the future.

-worthb

p.s. For any users currently experiencing the issues with the SMS launchpoints, try using a group text launchpoint and just entering a single recipient. It will fix the problem, but the drawback is that it does not launch you into the threaded message view. Once you send the message, then you will see the full threaded view.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Thank you for your response. We would just like to be updated on what is going on. Since we hadn't heard from you in months, it only left us to speculate what may or may not be happening.

Even if Launchpoint development cannot continue for any reason, all I (we) ask is to just keep us informed.

Thank you!
    My problem is a bit different. I just replaced my phone and for some reason when I used Save/Restore my launchpoints would have the wrong text numbers attached to them so I ended up deleting all and recreating them but the problem still persisted so I deleted everything, including the program but when I tried to reinstall the program it won't download...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Be warned that LaunchPoint does not work on Pre2/WebOS 2.0.1. The App Gallery in the Homebrew Apps section of Precentral.net shows that this application was updated on 27th December, but this is not true, it has not been updated since May 2010.
    Last edited by kbywal; 12/28/2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    An updated version of LaunchPoint Speed Dial should be available soon. It will provide compatibility for webOS 2.x
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Great, thanks! Any new features added?
    HP/Palm webOS is going to start picking up new users. Will an updated LaunchPoint finally be released?

Mike dg appears to have abandoned webOS for Android, so maybe worthb could take over dgQuickCut -- either update/rename, or else add new functionality to LaunchPoint. For example, the ability to copy a phone or web icon to multiple launcher pages is a nice feature. In discussion forums, Mike dg openly publishes an e-mail address of <vinblau@gmail.com>. Maybe worthb could reach out to Mike dg and surprise us with a nice upgrade to Launchpad to go along with HP's February 9 announcement.
    - Bubba
    I'm new to the Palm Pre world, but already found this an extremely helpful app and the first one I've purchased. Great job!
    The developer on 1/1 said that he was working on an update that would be compatible with 2.x...any new news on this? It been over 2 months?

Ken

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I reckon I've discovered that this doesn't work with WebOS 2.1. Am running pre 2 UK on Vodafone.

The app crashes after I select a contact when adding a new launchpoint I just a blank screen and the app freezes.

Is it just me or does this app need updating for 2.1
    This app does not work on webOS > 2.x and has not been updated till now (6th April 2011). Looks like abandoned project (no response from the developer).
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    This is too bad as this was one of the most popular apps. Surely someone could duplicate its functionality for 2.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    This is too bad as this was one of the most popular apps. Surely someone could duplicate its functionality for 2.x?
    check out the homebrew dg Quick Cuts. not as refined as Launchpoints and you can't specify specific icons, but does similar functionality (plus some other things)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    An updated version of LaunchPoint Speed Dial should be available soon. It will provide compatibility for webOS 2.x
    Any updates?, still not working as far as I can tell on 2.1.0.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, the developer has not been back to the forum since he last posted on January 1, 2011 advising that he would be releasing a version for 2.x.

Sadly, I think this is the end of the road for this app.
    It truly was a wonderful app!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast