Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I seem to be having trouble with the pictures for my LaunchPoint icons. They are white squares and I have gone into contacts and added new pictures. I got it to work with one contact and it didn't show up right away(white icon) but showed up about 10 minutes later or so. It hasn't worked for any other LaunchPoint contact though. More than likely I'm doing something wrong or have something else installed (YouView visual voicemail?) that could be causing an issue. I doctored my phone before this started happening and reinstalled LaunchPoint as well. I do have some patches and homebrew stuff installed as well. Any help would be much appreciated.
    And thanks for a kick *** app!
    hey, I just noticed something strange about the launch points I created for sms.

after awhile (not sure of the period of time), one or two icons will launch to a message window for "unknown" contact. the contact picture on the icon isn't changed, its just when launched its an unknown contact, instead of the number/name of the person the launcher is for.

the only solution then, is to remake the launchpoint.
    hey, I just noticed something strange about the launch points I created for sms.

after awhile (not sure of the period of time), one or two icons will launch to a message window for "unknown" contact. the contact picture on the icon isn't changed, its just when launched its an unknown contact, instead of the number/name of the person the launcher is for.

I should also add, that none of the contacts this has happened with have been changed, or linked to other contacts.
    worthb, if apps like Switcharoo can run in the background without displaying notification icons or banners, why couldn't LaunchPoint operate in a similar fashion?
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrampart View Post

I should also add, that none of the contacts this has happened with have been changed, or linked to other contacts.
    Yes, this is a known issue which seems to occur at random! You will have to recreate the LaunchPoint for that contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    Ajamin,
    The main visible component of this update is the appearance of the icons. Behind the scenes, there was a lot of work that went into making the icons permanent, and also giving users the ability to customize the appearance of their icons. As far as the way that popups launch, as sjamie pointed out, popups work faster when the dashboard process is running. Your are correct, Palm has changed the way that apps launch, and from what they are saying, this is a permanent change. Therefore, I am now looking into alternative ways to handle popups.

What I plan to do is to create a LaunchPoint Booster app. This would be a homebrew app that would run in the background invisibly. When LaunchPoint Speed Dial sees that this app is installed, it would create popup launchpoints that would be handled by the booster app. Being a homebrew app, the booster app would not have to meet the criteria of the official app catalog, such as the requirement that all background processes always have a visible icon in the dashboard.
    worthb, any news on the Booster app? I am really looking forward to this one!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Love this app and have been using it since it was free. I'm wondering if I can suggest that you make the dimensional icons an option. I don't like the way it looks now. It looks cheap in my opinion. Sorry, I know some people might find it more appealing. I'd suggest flat, dimensional, and the little curved squares like they have in contacts an messaging (but bigger). That would give people a choice.

Thanks for all your hard work on this much needed app.
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    Love this app and have been using it since it was free. I'm wondering if I can suggest that you make the dimensional icons an option. I don't like the way it looks now. It looks cheap in my opinion. Sorry, I know some people might find it more appealing. I'd suggest flat, dimensional, and the little curved squares like they have in contacts an messaging (but bigger). That would give people a choice.

Thanks for all your hard work on this much needed app.
    +1 I totally agree optional would be best
    Hi,

I bought your app when I had the Palm Pre. However, I now have an HTC EVO and was wondering if you have the application available for it. I absolutely loved the program! Please hey back to me on this. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have downloaded LaunchPoint twice due to changing Palm Profiles. Each time I had to re-purchase the app. I need to setup another profile on my Pre, is there a method to bypass the cost if it is being used on the same phone (albeit with a new profile)? FYI - the need for the different profiles is that some homebrew apps will not correctly uninstall, when I turn backup mode off (its supposed to delete your backed-up profile), some of the homebrew apps are not removed (particularly the themes). Thus a reset and a new Profile is required to get me back to factory default.
    Quote Originally Posted by melt1995 View Post
    I have downloaded LaunchPoint twice due to changing Palm Profiles. Each time I had to re-purchase the app. I need to setup another profile on my Pre, is there a method to bypass the cost if it is being used on the same phone (albeit with a new profile)? FYI - the need for the different profiles is that some homebrew apps will not correctly uninstall, when I turn backup mode off (its supposed to delete your backed-up profile), some of the homebrew apps are not removed (particularly the themes). Thus a reset and a new Profile is required to get me back to factory default.
    Did you try to see if you could uninstall them with Preware? Or do an EPR, WebOS Repair or doctor on the phone?

There are solutions that could have avoided all of this and having to buy things twice.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Just an FYI...I'm still getting the "unknown" issue when launching a launchpoint. It happened yesterday for one person, I recreated it and it happened again today for the exact same person.

One thing I did notice, I sent that person a text using the regular sms program on the Pre. The next time I tried sending using launchpoint and that's when I got the "unknown" error.

I also see the developer hasn't posted here in over 4 months...maybe he moved on?
    I like to setup multiple launchpoints for the same contact, i.e. home,cell, work. Is there a way to have different pictures for each type?

Love the app!
    Is anyone else getting the "unknown" contact for launchpoints already set up? I'm getting this daily now, I don't know if something else if conflicting with it or not but at this point the app is useless to me.

Looks like it's no longer being developed either. Haven't heard from the developer in months, maybe he moved on to Android also?
    I was having this problem a couple months ago and just deleted and recreated my launchpoints and haven't had any issues since...
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I was having this problem a couple months ago and just deleted and recreated my launchpoints and haven't had any issues since...
    I'm deleting and recreating on a daily basis. One contact I had, I deleted, re-created, used it once, tried again a little later and it was back to "unknown."
    You might try deleting and re-installing the app....
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    You might try deleting and re-installing the app....
    I did that awhile ago...could probably try it again.
    I am interested in this app, but I have read issues with the unknown bug and the fact the developer has not posted in the last 3 weeks.

Could anyone suggest another app like this one or know if this one is still being supported and updated?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    I am interested in this app, but I have read issues with the unknown bug and the fact the developer has not posted in the last 3 weeks.
    Actually, according to his statistics, the developer hasn't posted since 05/04/10 which is almost 5 months ago. His last activity shows 09/08/10 which means he at least logged into the forums at that time.

It would be nice to hear from him and let us know if development on Launchpoint will continue or not.

I just sent him a PM so we'll see if we hear anything.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast