Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Do palm and epocrates seriously think that physicians should be content with the status quo??? Its quirky, especially when minimized in card mode and an attempt is made to search a new drug ( I need to reboot sometimes). Also, pudgy fingers aside, do they expect us to scroll down in the little space supplied?....we need a native app very soon!
    I hope not. The other drug reference apps out right now are a joke compared to Epocrates and I can't believe I spent $30 to run software that I should be able to run for free. Well, anyway Palm is cutting support for PalmOS so it makes sense that the software developers would write native WebOS apps.

The good news is Epocrates is supposed to be out by the end of the year: http://palmdoc.net/?p=2616

Lexi-Comp is also developing native software for the Pre. This page (with video!) just got put up today: Medical & Dental Software for the Palm Pre - Lexi-Comp
    I just switched from the pre to the hero mainly for a drug app, and a better calendar. Android has a native drug app and it works fine. I have had palm since the original palm pilot. Sorry to leave palm, but I have been patient enough. I am loving the hero and all it does. The 7 "scenes" on the hero are like having 7 cards open. If palm gets it act together, I will be back. But they have really let me down with the poor PIMS (a former palm strong point) and lack of medical apps from the outset. Physicians are big users of palm.....they dropped the ball by not having epocrates at the release.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I agree it wouldve been great if the pre shipped with epocrates already developed. So far I'm doing ok with my ipod touch running the apps, but yeah I'm waiting patiently for the native epocrates and lexicomp, wouldn't leave palm over it
    running skyscape for my drugs in "classic" is a pain. the constant freezing has led me to carrying around a dosage book.
    Check this out. Epocrates native app definitely coming to WebOS this year! - all things Palm Pre - PreThinking

Epocrates has confirmed it will have a native WebOS app out by the end of 2009
    I sure hope it makes it out by the end of the year. Real world beta testing has currently been delayed till the first week of December. This is now the 2nd delay that I've heard about.
    Live testing consisting of trying out ePocrates on the company's Pres has been pushed out ANOTHER week. Now it has been postponed 3 times. Ugh.
    FINALLY after countless delays, a firm live testing schedule has come out from Epocrates for the week of December 14th. WebOS Epocrates here we come. Testing is to be held in the SF Bay Area for health professionals.
    Can't wait for this! When is it going to be available to the general public? Also, do you know if they will be releasing epocrates RX or the more comprehensive epocrates essentials?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Can't wait for this! When is it going to be available to the general public? Also, do you know if they will be releasing epocrates RX or the more comprehensive epocrates essentials?
    No details yet on the final release date. The testing has been pushed out so much I'm not sure if Epocrates will be able to release it by the end of the month as they previously said. My guess is that both free and paid versions will be available as they are for other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    FINALLY after countless delays, a firm live testing schedule has come out from Epocrates for the week of December 14th. WebOS Epocrates here we come. Testing is to be held in the SF Bay Area for health professionals.
    Good news! Interesting that this release also coincides when the new 1.3.5 firmware for webos is supposed to be released as well! I imagine the new firmware is probably necessary in order to resolve the app storage space issue since epocrates is very big...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions