Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The bottom line is that in order to utilize the App Catalog, after paid apps were released, you would have had to agree to the Terms and Conditions that were prompted. You used the T&C against the Palm rep, referencing the application "kill switch," so it is only fair that the same T&C can be used against you.
    Terms and Conditions for Palm webOS™ Services | Palm USA

REFUNDS: Prices and availability of any Applications are subject to change at any time. All sales of successfully downloaded Applications are final and non-refundable.
    You should have known what you were getting yourself into. Case closed. Stop harassing the poor Palm reps for your own mistakes.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    The bottom line is that in order to utilize the App Catalog, after paid apps were released, you would have had to agree to the Terms and Conditions that were prompted. You used the T&C against the Palm rep, referencing the application "kill switch," so it is only fair that the same T&C can be used against you.
    Terms and Conditions for Palm webOS™ Services | Palm USA

You should have known what you were getting yourself into. Case closed. Stop harassing the poor Palm reps for your own mistakes.
    Did you bother to read what I wrote? Looks not.

And who said anything about harassing? Were you on the phone? If not, then please take your conjecture elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Did you bother to read what I wrote?
    As hard as it was, yes...I read everything. Did you read what I wrote? You agreed to their return policy, prior to making the purchase, yet you continue to blame everyone but yourself.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    As hard as it was, yes...I read everything. Did you read what I wrote? You agreed to their return policy, prior to making the purchase, yet you continue to blame everyone but yourself.
    So, the answer is "no, I didn't read it but I'm claim to because I have an axe to grind."

If you had, then you would NOT have posted this. Simple as that.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    If you are aware that you agreed to their return policy, how can you be upset when they refer to this policy later on? I don't understand where you're coming from. I would imagine that someone who counts nickels and dimes as much as you would have analyzed the terms and conditions top to bottom, prior to doing business with this company.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    If you are aware that you agreed to their return policy, how can you be upset when they refer to this policy later on? I don't understand where you're coming from. I would imagine that someone who counts nickels and dimes as much as you would have analyzed the terms and conditions top to bottom, prior to doing business with this company.
    Because the existence (and my knowledge) of the T&C isn't the whole story.

If you read the title of this thread, it's "sharing intel." I'm sharing, with others, my experience. Some, like you, do not care to hear about that experience. Others would benefit from it.

"how can you be upset"

Where do you get this from? Where did I say I was "upset"? In fact, if you've read my posts, I made it clear earlier today that this was not the case.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    So, to make a long story short, what you're saying is that Palm actually stands behind their Terms and Conditions. Thanks for the intel.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    So, to make a long story short, what you're saying is that Palm actually stands behind their Terms and Conditions. Thanks for the intel.
    If that's all you got out of my posts, then this thread is not for you. Move on.
    I for one appreciated your candor; honestly this is part of the problem today; people's value on money is highly distorted. While I agree that $2 for an app is chump change, if it is crap and thousands have paid for it, suddenly $2K doesn't sound so insignificant. TOS's are of course written in favor of the business, not the consumer. I think Palm's approach to this is precarious. I would have no issues with purchasing an app if I was able to trial it for a reasonable period of time. If they don't have a proper mechanism to disable the app after a period of time (I know this can be done, having use apps that do this) then that is a developer issue. Further, while I am on the subject, part of the problem is most demos (for example the shopping list managers I am reviewing) are incomplete and prevent you from testing all of the features. This approach is a total turn off for me and one reason I have yet to buy ANY app for my Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12