Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    with a Full Erase? i did a partial erase last night and now i can erase them with preware or quickinstall.
    you should have been able to use preware or quickinstall to remove patches the whole time.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Using Preware, choose List of Everything, then begin typing Emergency, select and install the Emergency Patch Recovery. This should remove the patches.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Using Preware, choose List of Everything, then begin typing Emergency, select and install the Emergency Patch Recovery. This should remove the patches.
    Correct but I think you ment webos quick install, unless this is now available on preware to which would be amazing. I wish there was a way for people to know about this easier. It seems people usually end up giving up and webos docing it before finding out about this and by then it's to late.
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Correct but I think you ment webos quick install, unless this is now available on preware to which would be amazing. I wish there was a way for people to know about this easier. It seems people usually end up giving up and webos docing it before finding out about this and by then it's to late.
    It has always been available in preware, except for a 6 hour period when it temporarily was unavailable as it switched feeds.

It's currently difficult to find since it is not listed as any of the default types so the only way to find it really is through list of everything.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    ^ Cool thanks for letting me know.

Here's an interesting side question.

I have patchs installed from preware, and from webos quick install. They don't seem to "notice" each other because patchs I have installed already from webosqi are showing as not installed via preware. Any idea if this will cause complications before an update? Or will 1 wipe with the EPR get both preware patchs and webosqi patchs?

P.S. I haven't tried to "patch" over any of them because I go with the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" idea, but I don't wanna risk "double patching" something if thats even possible. LoL.
    ^ Cool thanks for letting me know.

Here's an interesting side question.

I have patchs installed from preware, and from webos quick install. They don't seem to "notice" each other because patchs I have installed already from webosqi are showing as not installed via preware. Any idea if this will cause complications before an update? Or will 1 wipe with the EPR get both preware patchs and webosqi patchs?

P.S. I haven't tried to "patch" over any of them because I go with the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" idea, but I don't wanna risk "double patching" something if thats even possible. LoL.

All patches 'should' use autopatch technology. All patches that use autopatch technology are fully compatible and interoperable between preware and quick install.

I believe the "online repository" tab in QI uses the exact same patch packages as Preware. If you install a patch with QI or Preware it should show as installed in the other, if it does not please bring specific cases to our attention.

Make sure none of the patches were installed prior to QI 2.7. QI 2.7+ and Preware 0.9.4+ SHOULD be patch compatible, if not the first step is to bring it to our attention, either contact myself or dBsooner. We will have to coordinate with Preware and QI developers to figure out any issues going forward.

The autopatch technology was created primarily for interoperability for patch installation/removal between installers.

As for double patching, patches should simply fail to install if there is a conflicting patch already installed/applied.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pest345 View Post
    with a Full Erase? i did a partial erase last night and now i can erase them with preware or quickinstall.
    Actually, a "Full Erase" will not remove the patch, and can cause some problems. I did a Full Erase on my phone and all the patches were there, but I could not remove them. Preware did not recognize the patch as having been installed, and the EPR did not fix the problem. Luckily, I was able to use Jason's webOS Repair Utility to fix my Pre...it took about an hour to do the scans, but after that I was able to reinstall the Patches and both Preware and webOS QI recognized they were installed
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I have also installed some tweaks with the latest version of WebOS Quick Install, and others via Preware on the phone, also latest version, and I'm also noticing that those installed via Quick Install are not "recognized" by Preware. So, I did a little digging, and noticed that if you run Preware, then select Installed Packages, and then choose Unknown, you'll see some (or at least I did) Homebrew Apps AS WELL AS the "unrecognized" tweaks done with Quick Install. The tweaks can then be removed by clicking Remove under that list (albeit one at a time). I know this doesn't answer if the Emergency Patch Recovery will take care of these as well or not (perhaps emoney_33 can advise on that question?), but at least it provides a way to remove all tweaks and patches from the phone without needing WebOS Quick Install and a computer....
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I have also installed some tweaks with the latest version of WebOS Quick Install, and others via Preware on the phone, also latest version, and I'm also noticing that those installed via Quick Install are not "recognized" by Preware. So, I did a little digging, and noticed that if you run Preware, then select Installed Packages, and then choose Unknown, you'll see some (or at least I did) Homebrew Apps AS WELL AS the "unrecognized" tweaks done with Quick Install. The tweaks can then be removed by clicking Remove under that list (albeit one at a time). I know this doesn't answer if the Emergency Patch Recovery will take care of these as well or not (perhaps emoney_33 can advise on that question?), but at least it provides a way to remove all tweaks and patches form the phone without needing WebOS Quick Install and a computer....
    EPR 'should' remove all patches installed with preware v0.9.4+ or Quick Install v2.7+

Thank you for the info about where the QI patches show up in Preware. It sounds like some metadata just needs to be added to the ipkg control, for instance Type: Patch. I will discuss with Jason.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Actually, a "Full Erase" will not remove the patch, and can cause some problems. I did a Full Erase on my phone and all the patches were there, but I could not remove them. Preware did not recognize the patch as having been installed, and the EPR did not fix the problem. Luckily, I was able to use Jason's webOS Repair Utility to fix my Pre...it took about an hour to do the scans, but after that I was able to reinstall the Patches and both Preware and webOS QI recognized they were installed
    ok this is exactly what i did but i did a partial and it has the patches there but i cant remove them. can you give me a link to Jason's webOS Repair Utility so that i can run it?
    ok this is exactly what i did but i did a partial and it has the patches there but i cant remove them. can you give me a link to Jason's webOS Repair Utility so that i can run it?
    You should be able to 'install' Emergency Patch Recovery and then restart luna as well.

-Eric G

Donate
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I haven't made enough posts to post links yet ;-) but you can read about and download Jason's WebOS Repair Utility by visiting forums dot precentral dot net slash canuck-software slash 204495-webos-repair-utility dot html. Sorry for having to spell it out long-hand ;-)
    This is quite an amusing post (no reflection on the poster intended), since the Emergency Patch Recovery tool is developed by the same team that develops Preware, and is hosted on the preware.org site, where both Preware (which was developed in conjunction with the preware.org feeds, and was the first installer to use them) and WebOS Quick Install (which is developed by a different organisation, and started using the preware.org feeds later) access it :-)

Advice on where we can better publish this information is very welcome.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    heres my problem
    Ive uninstalled all patches
    did recovery patch
    parcially rest and complete reset my phone
    did webos repair utility
    and it still says the sms tone per contact patch it still there
    anything else I could try?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    heres a picture of the popup if that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Click To See My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    heres a picture of the popup if that helps
    remove the file that it wants to create, that somehow got leftover.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I dont know how to remove it

Click To See My Themes

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    You should be able to 'install' Emergency Patch Recovery and then restart luna as well.
    when i emergency Patch Recovery it tells me to remove themes. problem is i cant cause it doesn't recognize it.
    when i emergency Patch Recovery it tells me to remove themes. problem is i cant cause it doesn't recognize it.
    I did a Orange, SYM, R to reset my phone and my theme removed with ease. Not that it will help you though as i had reset it a day prior and today it decided to work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast