Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    My biggest problem is the patches becoming corrupt and not being able to reinstall them.

Anywone using patches is going to have to probably WebOS doctor the phone back to health a few times a year. I've done it once already in 4 months, and need to do it a second time. So figure 3-4 times a year.

Not a big deal, but a bit annoying till we can get some sort of App backup so we don't have to search for all the apps and patches we applied and reapply them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    My biggest problem is the patches becoming corrupt and not being able to reinstall them.

Anywone using patches is going to have to probably WebOS doctor the phone back to health a few times a year. I've done it once already in 4 months, and need to do it a second time. So figure 3-4 times a year.

Not a big deal, but a bit annoying till we can get some sort of App backup so we don't have to search for all the apps and patches we applied and reapply them.
    If you exclusively use Patches from Preware, or the Online Repository in WebOS Quick Install (which simply access the patches from preware.org), and not install Patches or Tweaks from anywhere else, nor make any manual changes to files, then they will always remove properly and reinstall properly. At the moment you need to stay away from themes too, but we're working with the theme creators to have those use the AutoPatch technology too.

The concept of package configurations that can be saved and reloaded is on the Preware roadmap.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/22/2009 at 06:23 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12