Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  

Sound Themes Now Available!

Overview: Trapster is a FREE app which alerts you of speed traps, red light and speed cameras, police check points, and other wallet hazards.

How Does Trapster Work?: http://trapster.com/presentation.php

Customizing Trapster Alert & Trap Settings for Palm Pre: http://blog.trapster.com/2009/10/23/...-for-palm-pre/

Understanding Trap Types & Confidence Levels with Trapster for the Palm Pre: http://blog.trapster.com/2009/10/23/...-the-palm-pre/

Please let me know of any issues with the Trapster app.

Feel free to ask any questions on how to use the app.

shoot me an email: Sean@trapster.com

Resources:

Trapster Blog

trapster (trapster) on Twitter

Are a fan?:
    http://faceook.com/trapster
    Last edited by Sean@trapster.com; 01/28/2010 at 02:40 PM.
    Awesome! Glad to see you guys are proactive about supporting users of Trapster on the Pre. I haven't been able to dive into it yet, but I loaded it up and saw some traps already reported in my area!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for pushing Trapster to the Pre!!!
    What do the different colored icons represent, besides the obvious that they are known places where cops hang out...?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    What do the different colored icons represent, besides the obvious that they are known places where cops hang out...?
    Please view our blog post going over the icons and confidence levels:

Understanding Trap Types & Confidence Levels with Trapster for the Palm Pre | Trapster Blog
  5.    #5  
    Please view this blog post going over trapster's icons & confidence levels Understanding Trap Types & Confidence Levels with Trapster for the Palm Pre | Trapster Blog
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    hi there, figured i'd post the gist of what i put in my review for you:

1) GPS doesn't work and/or maps don't load - when i first installed, maps were there but weren't updating. when they finally did, they were off by miles. after a soft reset, GPS was accurate, but only as long as i stayed on the same screen as the map that initially pulled up - maps do not update;
    2) unable to add a trap. when i attempt to and slide the map around to where it should be then add, the spinning notification icon just spins & spins, never "takes";
    3) the "do not dim screen" option does not work - screen still dims.

until #1 is updated, app is useless. i have seen it in action on the iPhone and loved it, it's a great app. this incarnation, however, isn't ready for prime time yet.

would also like to request that you add an option for vibrate as well as spoken alerts.

thanks for the hard work.
    I was glad to see the app, but can't really use it yet. Here are my experienced bugs and recommendations:

1. The maps disappear after several minutes of use. My commute is about 45 minutes, about 15 minutes into it, the maps went away, or rather, new map area would not show; but my red locator kept moving (until the shown mapped scrolled off the screen, after that, since there was nothing to measure agains, I can't be sure).

2. I suspect there is a memory leak. I almost never get "too many cards" options. But every time I run your app, I start getting them. A reboot makes it go away.

3. BT/headset sound. I don't know if the sound typically wil be heard through a wired headset, but it did not come through my BT headset (Plantronics Voyager 855). It would be best if the alerts came through this, and should also "pause" any audio playing. The navigation app works this way.

4. It seems every time I use it, it prompts me to log in again. I think the app should "remember" credentials.

Thanks for releasing this, hope to see it finished out!
    There is another thread about possible issue with increased battery drain.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-battery.html
    Last edited by supercluver; 10/19/2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    GPS works dead on for me.
    I too used the app on my 40 mile, hour long commute in Houston, and I must say, it worked fine. The only issues I have with it as it stands are:

1) Screen shuts off. The override doesn't work. I would REALLY like the screen to stay on. It would be much more useful that way.

2) Audio prompts are pretty quiet, could this be fixed? It would be nice if the audio went over the bluetooth if it is connected, instead of the Pre's speaker. That alone would help with the volume issue. But still, it would be nice if the audio would be louder.

3) A vibrate alert would be cool too, or at least the option.

4) After I got to work, I closed the app. I must say, the battery seemed to be going dead much faster this morning, even after I closed the app. Since then, I rebooted and it seems to be better, so I'm not sure what could be going on there. The Pre battery is a FINICKY beast, to say the least.

I didn't sign into an account or try to add any traps, so I don't have any comments as to that functionality.

All in all, I still like the program, it will be useful I think when I'm driving around Houston in areas that I'm less familiar with.
  11.    #11  
    Trying this again, not sure if I can post links.

Please visit our blog and read the "Understanding Trap Types & Confidence Levels with Trapster for the Palm Pre"
  12.    #12  
    Ok.

All of these issues have been logged, and I appreciate you getting them to me.

The screen dimming issue has been something we have seen while QA'ing, not sure why we can't get it to stay on.

Audio alerts being too low, and adding a vibrate option.

Battery issues - This will improve with the update, but still uses a lot of juice since it it real time GPS.

Map issues are all related to the server issues we are having, and that will be addressed with the update.

Memory Leak - I noticed this too, but it was only when i had the app running for a while. Didn't notice it when running multiple apps, but I am guessing this has to do with the server issue as well.

Can't get you a timeframe on an update right now, but will post here as soon as I do.
    sean you can post links, just leave out the http bit at the beginning.

blog.trapster.com/2009/08/24/trapster-palm-pre/
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I also experienced enhanced battery drain even after the app was closed. Cleared once I reboot the phone, but I certainly do not want to reboot my phone every time i use the app and am done with it.

I also have the problem where the map appears and then I drive off the map, and although my dot keeps on trucking it leaves the map far behind.

I have not heard any verbal\audio cues for alerts. If that part of the app is working, then it is so quiet in a moving vehicle as to be useless.

Is use of this app mutually excudable with Sprint Nav? When i had my Sprint Nav up it seemed that Trapster just kinda idled in the background and did not update.

Great concept and glad you are making it available for pre. Right now it appears to be more of a Beta app, though. Hopefully future update will address these concerns and I will redownload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@trapster.com View Post
    Ok.

All of these issues have been logged, and I appreciate you getting them to me.

The screen dimming issue has been something we have seen while QA'ing, not sure why we can't get it to stay on.

Audio alerts being too low, and adding a vibrate option.

Battery issues - This will improve with the update, but still uses a lot of juice since it it real time GPS.

Map issues are all related to the server issues we are having, and that will be addressed with the update.

Memory Leak - I noticed this too, but it was only when i had the app running for a while. Didn't notice it when running multiple apps, but I am guessing this has to do with the server issue as well.

Can't get you a timeframe on an update right now, but will post here as soon as I do.
    Awesome, glad to see you guys on top of things like that. A lot of interesting apps from when homebrew started seem to have just dropped, so its nice to see you guys are dedicated.
    Not having the audio alerts go through the bluetooth audio kinda ruins the functionality of the application for my setup. I typically stream music via bluetooth from my pre to the car stereo. It would be nice to have it behave like most other applications and pause (or fade down) the music, give the alert through the bluetooth audio, then bring the music back. The built-in navigation app behaves this way when it gives directions, and works quite well.
    Same issues here:
    -Battery problems
    -phone gets extremely hot
    -I get the 'close cards' message even after they're all closed
    -map starts up fine and follows along for a few minutes then goes blank
    -audio alerts didn't work until 3rd soft reset

I found the map worked a little better after I changed option in *Location Services*Preferences*Locate me using*uncheck Google Service

In the end the map does eventually go blank though.
    Just to help concrete the issues others are having I've experienced:
    -Maps partially loading
    -Sporadic GPS updates (with EVDO signal and 3+ bars)
    -"Too Many Cards" error (I even have my app temp storage increased with a hack)

Suggestions:
    -App keeps screen from turning off (Try asking other developers in Homebrew for solutions)
    -Ability to set frequency of GPS update (Every 5 sec, 10 sec, etc)

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    When I tap one of the already reported traps on my phone it should give me the ability to do a thumbs up right there and then, instead of telling me what the trap is about and then I have to tap that window to give it a up or down.

The weird thing is when you tap the trap icon the thumbs up and down show up for a split second then disappear. So it seems like it is doing what I want initially then switching the screen.
    Something I noticed that may be helpful... the map loading/scrolling falling on its face issue is very similar to how Good Food performed when it was first released.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast