Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Same problems here... 55 minute commute:
    -I get the 'close cards' message even after they're all closed
    -map starts up fine and follows along for a few minutes then goes blank
    -audio alerts didn't work until 3rd soft reset
    Since the issues have been well documented, won't repeat them here.

Couple suggestions after my 1/2 day use.
    1) Have a button on the screen to be able to make a live report with a single press. (since we are typically driving at the same time)

2) Integrate with Sprint GPS....somehow.
    I used my Gps today with trapster i turned on gps first then flipped it up and opened trapster which loaded google maps at once and followed me while the gps was giving me turn by turn through my bluetooth headset. I had it running for approx. 50 minutes today with no problem.

Fred
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    how do I get urn directions through your bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    how do I get urn directions through your bluetooth?
    You can't. I'm picky about who I loan my bluetooth to...

However, to get them through yours.
    • Make sure you have an A2DP bluetooth headset. I use a Plantronics Voyager 855, you can get them on Amazon right now for around $35 (this is a stereo & phone BT headset!)
    • Pair your A2DP BT up with your Pre
    • Run Sprint Navigation. It will come through your headset (did I mention that your headset needs to be A2DP?)
    Sorry if I sound a bit sarcastic, it's really directed at myself. I fiddled with my Pre for several days before I realized that the problem wasn't the Pre, it was the headset that I had been using with my Treo. You really do need an A2DP BT to get full use of what the Pre can do.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Definitely a memory leak.
  7.    #27  
    Important announcement: the Palm Pre (WebOs) app that was previously posted had some serious issues that did not show up until a large number of users tried to use the app simultaneously. We were forced to shut off the app. we have already fixed the problem, and it is in testing and review. Hopefully an update will be posted by 10/20/2009. We are very sorry about the trouble. Thank you for your patience.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwar View Post
    Since the issues have been well documented, won't repeat them here.

Couple suggestions after my 1/2 day use.
    1) Have a button on the screen to be able to make a live report with a single press. (since we are typically driving at the same time)

2) Integrate with Sprint GPS....somehow.
    This is what I was saying. This is a must. I can't hit 3 buttons to report anything while I'm driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean@trapster.com View Post
    Important announcement: the Palm Pre (WebOs) app that was previously posted had some serious issues that did not show up until a large number of users tried to use the app simultaneously. We were forced to shut off the app. we have already fixed the problem, and it is in testing and review. Hopefully an update will be posted by 10/20/2009. We are very sorry about the trouble. Thank you for your patience.

That's cool... thanks for the update and the resolution efforts.
  10.    #30  
    One thing I forgot to mention:

Best thing to do would be to delete the app and download the new release when posted to the catalog.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Thanks Sean for posting here. I was really pleased to see Trapster in the App Catalog and I'm anxious to have it work well on my Pre. I am trying to find reasons to stay with my Pre and not switch to the iPhone! If you guys get Trapster to work, that will be a big incentive to stay.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Thanks, Sean. Looking forward to the update.

And thanks, HP. I can take a good amount of b***busting so long as some good info follows along with it. Thanks for the tip....I bet my current plantronics isn't A2DP since it is kinda old. Time for an UPGRADE!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I'll wait for the fix. I too have seen the same 'white screen' and memory leak problems.

Conceptually Trapster is awesome. I always thought devices like Radar Detectors should have a button to confirm that could talk on some network to notify other users.

This is the closest.

When it's fixed and optimized, the key to the Palm app is the background operation. The iphone is useless with this because you can't do anything else with it while trapster is running.

One suggestion, offer the option to 'flag accident' so if you pass a backup and accident, you can note it so others might avoid it.

Also, there should be a big difference between a 'live radar' trap and a 'cops usually hang here' symbol. Also, I wish it could orient like a GPS to the direction you are driving rather than that horrible google maps design where North is always up.
    Mark F Chinsky
  14.    #34  
    Back in the catalog. Please keep me aware of your experience.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    [;1995366]Back in the catalog. Please keep me aware of your experience.[/QUOTE]

vastly improved, but screen still won't stay on and zooming is very challenging.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I was unable to get the audio alerts to work after updating to the new version but I had installed over the old version instead of deleting it first. After reading this thread, deleting the program, and re-installing I now have audible alerts.

Should I always delete the older versions of Trapster as new versions are released?
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Downloaded the new version of Trapster this morning. Still an issue for me. When i scroll around the map the traps follow me around...its like they are not locked to the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by StangAK View Post
    Downloaded the new version of Trapster this morning. Still an issue for me. When i scroll around the map the traps follow me around...its like they are not locked to the map.
    I am still having that problem when I scroll the map aswell, and it still turns off (quickly) while I am on the road and don't want to have to unlock my screen while driving. But, at least my phone isn't coming to a crawl after using this app.

Thanks,

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo41 View Post
    I was unable to get the audio alerts to work after updating to the new version but I had installed over the old version instead of deleting it first. After reading this thread, deleting the program, and re-installing I now have audible alerts.

Should I always delete the older versions of Trapster as new versions are released?
    No, only with this first version. Regular updating from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by StangAK View Post
    I will try to recreate this bug, here in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I am still having that problem when I scroll the map aswell, and it still turns off (quickly) while I am on the road and don't want to have to unlock my screen while driving. But, at least my phone isn't coming to a crawl after using this app.

Thanks,

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    There is an app: nodoze

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nodoze

I am going to test this out and see if we can just recommend using this app with Trapster. Palm would not let us keep the option to keep the screen lit in our settings...
    I tried the newest version out yesterday with no so good reults. I had EVDO on, GPS on, google services on, auto locate on, and the screen set to stay on. It all started out well, but as I drove the map didn't scroll, I ended up driving off the displayed map area at which point I didn't getany more alerts and the map didn't readjust. I'll give it another shot in the morning on my way home from work, but my initial assessment is that it's still buggy.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast