1.    #1  
    Whenever I install a program, the App Catalog just locks up for 3-4 minutes or so. No response from the phone whatsoever, screen stays on.

After that time, it finally starts downloading. And then takes a bit to install (fairly normal speed by this point I feel).

I thought this might have to do with patches and homebrew, so I webdoctored my phone. It seemed to be alright, even after a homebrew install of Quick Contacts (that's it, no patches this time).

However, I've noticed it happening again, though on a shorter 1-2min delay.

Has anyone seen this? I'm asking before I do yet another wipe just to try and pinpoint the problem. My brother has a Pre as well, homebrewed/patched and no delay problems that I have.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I noticed this too... I haven't tried to pinpoint a cause though. Most of the apps I install are from Homebrew...
    it has to do with the app limit on the phone. If you have preware and homebrew you bypass the app limit but ur still tied down to the official catalog. Download fairdinkum and myapp from preware and this should take care of the problem
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear50 View Post
    it has to do with the app limit on the phone. If you have preware and homebrew you bypass the app limit but ur still tied down to the official catalog. Download fairdinkum and myapp from preware and this should take care of the problem
    I don't see those apps in Preware. But I did just try to delete a bunch of apps I had from the official app catalog, and then went to install a new app. still locks up as soon as i top "download"

I only have a single home brew and 3 apps (paired it down from 7 or 8). even rebooted.

downloading from wifi if that makes a difference too, my 3G signal at home is only a couple of bars upstairs.
    use the search function in preware under the list all. Fairdinkum will fix ur problem
  6.    #6  
    ok, I couldn't find the app because it's Fair Dinkum, I searched fairdin and hadn't come up w/ anything.

and yup, looks like it worked