Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Just giving you all heads just in case you din't know
    Seems like the Pre GPS is slow to respond so the app can notify you. Hopefully that's something that can be optimized.
    Anyone else experiencing major problems with Trapster? I can't seem to get any audibles, even though I passed through several traps today. The mapping lags to the point where I am not even on the map anymore and I need to manually press the Focus On button. Finally the Do Not Dim option doesn't work either. Is it just me or is this program buggy? I really wanted to like this app but so far I'm disappointed.
    I don't even receive my confirmation email on signup. However, the app would be a but pointless atm for me because they do not seem to have any listings for my home town. But would like to try it nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    I don't even receive my confirmation email on signup. However, the app would be a but pointless atm for me because they do not seem to have any listings for my home town. But would like to try it nevertheless.
    If you sign up and report traps, there will be listings for your home town. That's the point to Trapster. It's crowdsourced data.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It took me a while to sign up, i think their server was having an issue.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    have this app on my ipod touch(kinda useless when no wif-fi) but it can take awhile to get conf. Email.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    works perfectly for me.. their servers are a bit busy tho.. (or were last night when I was testing.) -m
    No Trapster app for me in my catalog. Since I live in Ontario, Canada and radar detectors and warning systems are illegal in my province, I'm sure Bell Mobility put a block on it. I'm not sure how it works or if it would even work outside of the U.S. but I'm feeling like I'm in control of a sports car and only able to use half the horsepower.
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Just giving you all heads just in case you din't know
    Thanks and Trapster looks promising...not sure how up todate things will be, but I appreciate the reminders. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Thanks and Trapster looks promising...not sure how up todate things will be, but I appreciate the reminders. Sorli...
    Your wrong. Trapster is legal in Canada and is also encouraged to use. I currently use it on my Blackberry. I also live in Montreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBot View Post
    Your wrong. Trapster is legal in Canada and is also encouraged to use. I currently use it on my Blackberry. I also live in Montreal.
    Montreal is in Quebec. Radar detectors may be legal there but they are not legal in Ontario. Regardless, the Trapster app is not in my catalog update at all.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles From Nowhere View Post
    Montreal is in Quebec. Radar detectors may be legal there but they are not legal in Ontario. Regardless, the Trapster app is not in my catalog update at all.
    But this isn't a radar detector. It'd be legal there.
    -mark
    Yes, but it would be considered a warning device, I would imagine. That still doesn't explain why it's not in my app catalog. Any other Ontario residents have it in theirs? I have all the other new apps, except for Trapster.
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Anyone else experiencing major problems with Trapster? I can't seem to get any audibles, even though I passed through several traps today. The mapping lags to the point where I am not even on the map anymore and I need to manually press the Focus On button. Finally the Do Not Dim option doesn't work either. Is it just me or is this program buggy? I really wanted to like this app but so far I'm disappointed.

Yup, I'm having the same problems too. I get audio. But the map does lag and I end up off map and it makes Pandora stop working and then it said I had too many cards open. Once you're off map it won't do anything.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles From Nowhere View Post
    Yes, but it would be considered a warning device, I would imagine. That still doesn't explain why it's not in my app catalog. Any other Ontario residents have it in theirs? I have all the other new apps, except for Trapster.
    No... it is legal. Like I said before, it is encouraged by all police forces because it makes everyone drive safer. 3 cousins of mine from Toronto have downloaded trapster themselves. I didn't see it in the catalog either. As a matter of fact, even their website is currently down, but, they do have a twitter account which they clearly state that all of Canada will have trapster available to them.

If I were you, I would go to trapster.com with your pre and check hourly when their servers are back up and running.
    If they get the kinks worked out, I'll be a daily user. I just tried it out while going out to get dinner, and it was absolutely worthless. My little red dot goes flying right off the map without any refreshing, but that hardly matters, because the screen dims and shuts off, leaving me with nothing to see anyway (I even tried both dimming options on the chance that it was set up backwards).

Hopefully, I just caught it at a slow time. I'll keep trying in hopes that it's still new and there will be updates and speed improvements on the way. I love the crowdsource idea, and will certainly contribute when it works. Thus far, however, it's a D- from me.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I like the idea of the app. But, like others, having problems. I registered but the app hangs when I try to log it both yesterday and today. Tried it while running errands and the map updates very slowly, if at all. Audio did work when the map was current though.

I hope they can get the bugs out...and reduce the battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftninja View Post
    Yup, I'm having the same problems too. I get audio. But the map does lag and I end up off map and it makes Pandora stop working and then it said I had too many cards open. Once you're off map it won't do anything.
    I can't get Trapster and Pandora to work at the same time. Trapster had my phone acting so buggy that I deleted it. I might try at a later date. After I closed Trapster my phone would say "Too Many Cards Open" when I didn't have any cards open at all! After the delete, everything was back to normal.
    Same problems here,
    worked great this AM, but this evening I kept getting a blank white screen. After a while I got the dreaded "critical memory" error -- Maybe memory leaks in this version?

And the "Do not dim"option definately does not work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast