1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a program that allows remote access to files on your PC?

I'm not looking to control my PC, just want file access when not at home. Those of you who used to be Treo users may remember Avvenu. I'm looking for a program like that.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Code:
    ipkg-opt list | grep samba
    I'd start with samba2.

The following commands might be useful....

Code:
    mount -t cifs -o user={user},pass={password} //192.168.0.xxx/{share} /var/home/root/{localdir}
    Edit: Sorry just read the part about "when not at home".... you could theoretically open up MS File and Print services on your home PC and punch holes thru your FW to the internet and use the public ip addy of your home pc in the above statements. But I would be leary of sending user/pass unecrypted over the interweb.
    I think he needs INTERNALZ....That's what i use.
    Hi, If your using a Windows OS, give RAVE (from randmsoft.com) a try. Im using it from work and when I travel to access files from my home PC. it enables you to access the PC that you have RAVE installed on from any email account. I find it secure, the control panel is so cool. The program works well, and I have not had a problem. Good Luck.
    orb.com
  6.    #6  
    orb.com is AWESOME. This is exactly the type of program I'm looking for. However, why does the Pre not allow the files to be downloaded? It gives me the "no handler" message. Is there a way around this or does someone know of a similar program to orb?

See attached screen shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    how does the PDF show up? Does internalz see it as a pdf? Only thing I could think of would be that it is downloading itself wrong or leaving off the .pdf in the file(not the file name) so the phone has no clue. (Checking it now)

i know .txt works just fine, then just realized I have the iphone spoof installed so Orb likes to freak out because the iphone can't do something etc.

I really think its more on Orbs side. Either by giving the wrong info or just sending the wrong format. Though the Pre's browser could be ******** as well and reading it all wrong.
    Last edited by kandekilla; 10/20/2009 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey269 View Post
    orb.com is AWESOME. This is exactly the type of program I'm looking for.
    Use the Thanks button if you feel someone has helped you...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Use the Thanks button if you feel someone has helped you...
    Done! You da' man! I just hope they make it where we can actually download the files in a format that opens correctly sometime soon. I really need access to my files while on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by kandekilla
    how does the PDF show up? Does internalz see it as a pdf?
    I dont know how the Pre sees the file. How can I change the file extension if it wont let me open it? Is there a way to access the temporary download folder on the pre and change file extensions without being in front of a computer?