Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    If so, does it work as you expected?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Answering my own post here. Just bought it, it's hung on "Retrieving location". Google maps picks up my location right away. I'm outside and it's clear. I can't get any farther with the program until it gets a location.

Initially, of course, I'm annoyed it won't get my current location.
    But I'm also a little concerned that I can't manually set one. In other words, it would be nice if I could put in addresses and it would locate those so I could set wallpapers for locations before I get there.

But, whatever. I'll check out their website and see if there is some support option.

My first app store purchase experience so far is a "meh".
    Last edited by neve; 10/17/2009 at 12:59 PM.
    I too purchased this app. It hardly ever find the location, and in my experience, it does not appear to actually work in the background. Yet another reason why I believe there should be trials before you buy.

right now I am watching the UT game at my friend's house, and I set a picture, and after my phone has been off a few minutes, it returns to the roaming picture. If I open the preferences, it will eventually find the location and change the wallpaper, but it's quite annoying.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I am disappointed in this program, as well. It doesn't get a gps fix very well and made my phone slow down to a crawl even if I disable it and reset the phone. I deleted the program and my Pre is fast again.

Sorry I purchased this one.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    why not try Switcharoo
    it works as soon as it is installed
    and it does not suck up battery life by using the gps location
    The whole point of the application was to use GPS... I would assume if people didn't care about that feature, they would have chosen Switcharoo in the first place.
    no 'Thanks'
    I've been using this for a few days and haven't noticed much of the above. It seems to work fine for me.

Of course there are a few things on my wish list for the app, like:
    - Change sound volume by location
    - Enable/disable vibrate by location
    - Change sounds played for alerts and notifications by location

I would really love a "smart" phone that knows to automatically change entire "profiles" (perhaps entire theme applied, sounds, vibration, maybe even forcing Sprint only/automatic/roaming only network choices?) based upon where I am. Then I wouldn't have to do anything other than arrive at the office for my phone to become "office friendly" with sounds, etc.-- and have it change to something that fits my tastes more when I leave.
    I have all of the above mentioned problems and I eventually deleted the app. Waste of money. I also think I'm the only person who Switcharoo doesn't work well for either. Yes, the point of Chameleon was that the wallpaper changed with the gps, but I have/take a ton of photos and Switcharoo would be nice so that I could have them switched automatically for me...Maybe I'll try again. For now, I just manually change my backgrounds when the spirit moves me.